LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#251 May 6 2016

The313

Re: World of Warcraft - Game Thread

Totoro wrote:

Yeah seriously if there order halls are the same as garrisons I'm going to rage at them.
Once thing I really dislike is the fact that they gave all classes the same artifact. I play a Paladin, if there was an Ashbringer, I would want to earn in and not just get it because i'm a special snowflake.

I am so glad I will get the Ashbringer cause now I can refer to all the other classes/specs as ''Peasants'' !

#252 May 14 2016

xterm

I'm in Legion Beta by the way, if anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask, i'll try my best to answer them. Please note though that i will not be leveling any character so make sure you take that into consideration.

#253 May 15 2016

Elied

xterm wrote:

I'm in Legion Beta by the way, if anyone has any specific questions, feel free to ask, i'll try my best to answer them. Please note though that i will not be leveling any character so make sure you take that into consideration.

One question, does it suck?

#254 May 16 2016

xterm

Well it's too soon for me to tell especially given the massive issues with NPC phasing that the beta realms are witnessing.

Is there anything that stands out so far? No.

What I can say so far is that i particularly like the ability pruning that happened.
The new transmog system looks nice too (You no longer need to store mass items just for transmog).
The new animations are sweet.
Demon Hunters are very "swift" and "jumpy", but there's nothing original about them, monks were far more original.
Demon Hunters abilities are very chaotic at the moment, still need work imho.
The new artifact leveling system looks interesting.
Class halls don't particularly look that interesting.
There's a nice new "npc announcement overhead interface" that shows an animated image of the NPC talking.

This is all icing though.

#255 May 16 2016

Totoro

Let's hope Legion offers more than that. Especially in terms of end game because I don't feel like reaching level 110, play two months and complete everything I wanted to complete. Also, let's hope it's harder this time too.

Thanks for the updates Xterm keep'em coming!

#256 May 30 2016

Ploto

Played alpha and beta now.. leveling is smooth with nice dungeons and quests...raid testing soon playing balance druid atm, which i find very nice also tried resto shammy..
Lets just hope for competitive raiding that doesnt require going hardcore again. The artifact system is epic and very rewarding, legendaries with nice item effects will ruin the game in my opinion and destroy the balance between some raiding guilds with RNG taking some role.

My guilds schedule is 14 hours a week top 100 ranks .

All i want is a nice raiding environment and harsh bosses.
P.S. looking for a dps dk with excessive experience and big boy logs.

Thx hope to cu guys in legion

#257 May 30 2016

Totoro

Thanks for your feedback Ploto! Let us know how the raiding goes :)

Also, if you have any input on PvP I would really appreciate it. Happy hunting.

#258 May 31 2016

Chafic

"FOR THE HODOR" Looking For Raiders.

Lately some friends of mine have made a new guild (horde) and are looking to raid when Legion is out. Our server is on Karazhan / Lightning’s Blade / Deathwing / The Maelstrom (since they are connected realms). We are also aiming for PvP action. We currently have a Tank DK and maybe a guardian druid. Healers (if the druid doesn't go tank he will be healer). Dps Enhancement Shaman and warlock. We are aiming for 12-13 man, BUT we need to be active. I'm not looking to add over 50 people and only 5 are active. Your alts are welcome. Since we are all from Lebanon or live in the middle east. Fixing a good raid time wont be a problem.

We are looking for:
Tank: Guardian Druid.
Healers: Druid, Shaman, Priest, and Paladin. (one of the healers should have OS dps in some fights.)
DPS: Mage, Warrior, Shaman(can be the OS), Hunter, Demon hunter, and druid or rogue.

Thanks

#259 May 31 2016

Totoro

My Undead Shadow Priest is on Kazzak if that works. I'm not sure how guilds and different realms function honestly.

#260 May 31 2016

Chafic

Totoro wrote:

My Undead Shadow Priest is on Kazzak if that works. I'm not sure how guilds and different realms function honestly.

Can you go as healer or OS as healer?

#261 July 1 2016

DG

Question about Legion: Is it true that we have to pay an increasing gold fee every time we want to respec (not change talents... just switch specs I mean) ? That would suck.

General question: Anyone having a high ping since yesterday ? I'm with Ogero and I am normally hovering right around 95ms (interleaved DSL) but it's been steady at 175ms since yesterday .

#262 July 1 2016

The313

*They changed how we can change talents and specs in legion:
-Specs: you can change between the 3 specs (4 druids,2 demon hunters) anywhere and anytime for free.
-Talents can only be changed in a rested area like cities or if you have a consumable that is made by Inscription which is in two types (an individual one and a group one)

*I am not subbed at the moment so I can't answer the 2nd question.

#263 July 7 2016

DG

Anyone playing WoW on a European server has witnessed an increase in latency (doubled) since end of June ?
According to this post: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic … 518?page=2
someone said:

The European Union have passed a law which allows ISP in europe to throttle the network when ever they feel like it and not get done for doing so, the increased latency is due in some part to this. If you want to decrease the lag then your ISP has to pay a large amount of money to other ISP in Europe to not throttle your traffic when it goes through their servers.

#264 July 18 2016

DG

Can't believe there's no one playing WoW in Lebanon. Please let me know if any of you WoW players has recently experienced an increase in latency. Kindly post your ISP as well.

#265 July 18 2016

The313

Well I am unsubbed at the moment but i recently logged in on a ''trial account'' and i had 180ms-250ms on Ragnaros-EU...
Before i stopped like 3 month ago i had 120 ms but that came after countless phone called to the isp when it was 300ms-500ms+ all the time
I am with IDM 2MB/40GB plan
Note:I did not play on peek times so it might be even worst then.

#266 July 19 2016

DG

It's not because of IDM. I am with Ogero and ever since June 29 my latency has doubled.
According to the WoW Europe forums there are people from all around the world (Portugal, Turkey, Israel, South Africa... that are suffering from the same problem).
I am willing to bet it's a rerouting problem because blizzard is being recently subjected to Dos attacks (they started around April 2016 but just check this post which indicates the same date as when my problem appeared... June 29).

http://www.vg247.com/2016/06/29/overwat … -net-ddos/

#267 July 19 2016

Totoro

Hey DG, read your post and entered a friends account to make sure it's not just me as well. Yeah I was at 100-120 latency as well.
Now it's around 180-200 which really sucks honestly. It's pretty smooth when I PvE but since I mainly PvP it's just unplayable.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

#268 July 20 2016

DG

Totoro,

There are a lot of threads on the WoW Technical Forums about this issue and Blizzard keeps asking people to talk to their ISP.

It looks like they are finally starting to acknowledge the problem. If you check this thread (1st post on page 5) someone got a reply from a GM that they are now more convinced it's something at their end but it might take a few weeks to be solved.

#269 July 21 2016

Totoro

Awesome! Good to hear. Because I have friends playing other MMO's like Black Desert with 'normal' ping and that's when I was convinced it's their servers too. There's always this voice in the back of my head telling me I'm wrong when it comes to these things because I live in Lebanon.

Let's hope they solve it soon, I already got Legion but I haven't been playing WoW much mainly because I have so much going on and once I do start playing... Hahah, I'm sure you know the terrible consequences of that decision.

#270 July 21 2016

DG

Well once you do start playing you're going to be surprised.
They pruned many of the core things in the game. That doesn't mean it's bad now... just different.
Example, spirit and bonus armor on neck, cloak, rings and trinkets are gone, buffs ((all classes) are gone, many of the abilities (all classes) are gone, glyphs are gone. And if you play a Discipline priest you will notice they are the spec that has been modified the most: You can mostly only heal now by dpsing (this will either be extremely fun or a disaster... should wait and see).

#271 July 21 2016

Totoro

Sounds cool, time for a change imo. I'm still up to date with some of the changes, I heard holy paladins will be dpsing too in order to heal.

#272 July 21 2016

xterm

Totoro wrote:

Sounds cool, time for a change imo. I'm still up to date with some of the changes, I heard holy paladins will be dpsing too in order to heal.

No :-(

#273 July 21 2016

Totoro

xterm wrote:
Totoro wrote:

No :-(

Oh well. I really liked PvPing with denounce already, such a powerful spell, at least I hope they won't remove that because it really helps out when you just destroy your opponent's cds.

#274 July 24 2016

Ploto

Latency is as normal , sitting on 70ms atm..

What do you guys think about the prepatch stuff?
I need to get my hand on the artifact weapon on live.

#275 July 30 2016

DG

@Ploto,

At first I didn't like all the class changes. Now, after a week or so, I'm starting to enjoy it.
Professions seem to be much better than in WoD (where you just sat in your garrison and gathered everything you needed). In Legion, there will be no need to fight for the same node. Everyone sees their own nodes (phased) so three people can land at the same spot and mine, gather the same node at the same time.
PVP remains to be seen. Right now rogues appear to be op and I foresee a nerf very soon... before the actual launch of Legion.

Board footer