LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 April 4 2016

barrad

Re: No Landline - Best Internet Connection?

vegetaleb wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

Best internet would be cracking your neighbour's wifi, the one with an Ogero ADSL connection

Most of security now is WPA which is hardly hackable

Wpa2 aes is  practically uncrackable use 10+ mixed characters and symbols, theorically it would take sometime near 131,654 years with a modern computer

#27 April 4 2016

Hybrid

barrad wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:
Hybrid wrote:

Best internet would be cracking your neighbour's wifi, the one with an Ogero ADSL connection

Wpa2 aes is  practically uncrackable use 10+ mixed characters and symbols, theorically it would take sometime near 131,654 years with a modern computer

I got my Ogero modem 2 weeks ago. Password was same as SSID with the addition of @# . If the pass is easy to guess, I'm afraid the strongest encryption won't help

#28 April 4 2016

Johnaudi

NuclearVision wrote:

What if you want to download a 5Gb file in the morning?
And it doesn't support resume.

Your connection will get FUP'ed to 512K before 12PM and 254K after.

#29 April 5 2016

Salloum

For optimum wireless security just use MAC address filtering, works like a charm

#30 April 5 2016

samer
Admin

Salloum wrote:

For optimum wireless security just use MAC address filtering, works like a charm

Not optimal when you can easily spoof a MAC address.

#31 April 5 2016

hussam

samer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

They will still need to know the list of whitelisted MAC addresses to masquerade their machine as one of the approved ones.

#32 April 5 2016

TheStunMan

hussam wrote:
samer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

They will still need to know the list of whitelisted MAC addresses to masquerade their machine as one of the approved ones.

How to break mac filtering

#33 April 5 2016

NuclearVision

Hybrid wrote:
barrad wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

I got my Ogero modem 2 weeks ago. Password was same as SSID with the addition of @# . If the pass is easy to guess, I'm afraid the strongest encryption won't help

One should change his password.

#34 April 5 2016

Hybrid

NuclearVision wrote:
Hybrid wrote:
barrad wrote:

One should change his password.

Only if it was that easy... They don't give you the router's password, you have to call them

#35 April 5 2016

NuclearVision

When i had ogero router, it was about user/user and pass changed.

#36 April 5 2016

Salloum

samer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Yes but you still need to know the MAC that are entered into the filtering system, so it's not that easy. Couple a MAC filtering with WPA2 and I doubt anyone could get in there.

#37 April 5 2016

NuclearVision

Salloum wrote:
samer wrote:
Salloum wrote:

Yes but you still need to know the MAC that are entered into the filtering system, so it's not that easy. Couple a MAC filtering with WPA2 and I doubt anyone could get in there.

it is possible however to get list of clients.
But anyway, if your password is wpa encrypted, long and mixed, you're safe.

#38 April 6 2016

RandomMemory

I would bet on it, my ISP gives the best microwave non cached connection.
5228490648.png

#39 April 6 2016

NuclearVision

Speedtest is just fake... they cache common websites, now good luck with torrents, youtube, etc...
1606967767.png

#40 April 6 2016

dav

TheStunMan wrote:
hussam wrote:
samer wrote:

How to break mac filtering

i, personally, won't do all that to get 1 or 2 mbps lol... i'm using mac filtering without any encryption for about 4 years... no one tried to hack my network in anyway... : )

#41 April 6 2016

ahmeto

Hello guys,
Did any one bother trying WDSL  (Wireless DSL) i know it expensive, but is it good for gaming ?
share your experiances plz

#42 April 6 2016

RandomMemory

NuclearVision wrote:

Speedtest is just fake... they cache common websites, now good luck with torrents, youtube, etc...
http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/1606967767.png

I get 4mbps over vpn lol. It's not cached

#43 April 6 2016

kamalkh

I will be facing this Dilemma next month when i move to a new appartment that still has no Phone boxes. i usually skip the headache and go for the cheapest/most reliable solution which is DSL.
but now, i'm confused wether to try the local cable guy or else i would need a much more expensive solution.
does anyone have a clue about Wireless providers in MKalles, near bellevue area?

#44 July 12 2019

woods

Fast forward into 2019... what is the updated answer to this question?

If anyone has a satellite internet connection, please provide me with all the technical and commercial details.

Many thanks.

#45 July 12 2019

Aly

woods wrote:

If anyone has a satellite internet connection, please provide me with all the technical and commercial details.

Many thanks.

You probably mean microwave ? because satellite aint much feasible due to high latency.

#46 July 13 2019

woods

Aly wrote:
woods wrote:

Many thanks.

You probably mean microwave ? because satellite aint much feasible due to high latency.

Not necessarily, I mean any feasible and decent alternative option to the existing cable providers, DSLs and 3G/4G, etc.

#47 July 13 2019

NuclearVision

woods wrote:
Aly wrote:
woods wrote:

Many thanks.

Not necessarily, I mean any feasible and decent alternative option to the existing cable providers, DSLs and 3G/4G, etc.

Is there actually any legal alternative that won't let you face espionage charges?

#48 July 13 2019

duke-of-bytes

Vsat is illegal in Lebanon

#49 July 20 2019

nuclearcat

Sextant is not satellite, it is just "long-range wifi on steroids". Period.
It might be good, if installation is done well or/and you are close to base station.

Board footer