LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 2 2011

ibxoful

Ps3 proxy hack

This proxy hack will allow you to download your game and system updates on your pc .If using a downloader
this results a much higher speed and the ability to pause it. This tool was shared by a fellow member but the original installer requires net framework 1.1 which is preinstalled on 7 and vista os.
Download link : http://www.mediafire.com/?gvpuc4i60b78np4 (without an installer and some tweaks)
How to use this tool :
http://www.ps3blog.co.za/guides/how-to- … a-your-pc/
All credits go to CF3B5 for this awesome tool
direct zip download link : http://download1461.mediafire.com/bmiay … y+Hack.zip

Last edited by ibxoful (December 2 2011)

#2 December 2 2011

omarmasri

Re: Ps3 proxy hack

does it work on all firmwares??

#3 December 2 2011

ibxoful

omarmasri wrote:

does it work on all firmwares??

yes

#4 December 2 2011

The-MMMs

already been discussed ;)

#5 December 2 2011

Professor_Baassiri

So, you're telling me I can download any ps3 game from the internet onto my ps3?  I didn't get it

#6 December 3 2011

ibxoful

The-MMMs wrote:

already been discussed ;)

as i said in my post it was shared but the original download link linked to the that link had an installer and did not work with windows 7 and vista cuz it needed .net 1.1 (which is preinstalled in vista and 7) i shared the tool without any installer

Professor_Baassiri wrote:

So, you're telling me I can download any ps3 game from the internet onto my ps3?  I didn't get it

this tool works in the following matter :
ps3 uses a proxy server (proxy server takes your request of connections) in order to connect to the internet and download the files. that tool will exploit it by allowing you to see the outbound links of updates and everything that the ps3 is trying to connect to.
That tool will allow your ps3 to download the update from your pc (ofc after u've downloaded the files you want) but using the 3rd tab in the tool
first box is the link of the update or a file you want to download. Second box is the location of which u've placed your file or update.

Last edited by ibxoful (December 3 2011)

#7 December 3 2011

AVOlio

Guys has anyone tried this method yet ?! i have a 767 MB   BF3  patch to download and i surely cant do it on my ps3  with the internet that we have here, and also the big amounts of electricity cuts that were gonna have this month !      has anyone tried this method yet? did it work ?!
And in the site, it says i need a router.  Will it work without any router, i have cable internet no router or anything.   And would you explain the IP address part ?! i didnt get what i have to do

Last edited by AVOlio (December 3 2011)

#8 December 3 2011

omarmasri

man just do it you worry too much

BTW I did it on my ps3 (Ogero 256kbps)

#9 December 3 2011

AVOlio

You updated the 767 MB patch ?! through your ps3 ?!  how many hours/days did it take you !   man, i cant do it on my ps3, the electricity can cut off any second,and even if im on 99%  it will be canceled,and waste of time !
How the hell did you manage to download it on ps3 with only 256 kbps ?!

#10 December 3 2011

ibxoful

AVOlio wrote:

You updated the 767 MB patch ?! through your ps3 ?!  how many hours/days did it take you !   man, i cant do it on my ps3, the electricity can cut off any second,and even if im on 99%  it will be canceled,and waste of time !
How the hell did you manage to download it on ps3 with only 256 kbps ?!

alrdy downloaded that patch with my 4mb and by that method

#11 December 3 2011

AVOlio

man, will it work if i dont have a router?

#12 December 4 2011

ibxoful

AVOlio wrote:

man, will it work if i dont have a router?

No, it will not.

#13 December 9 2011

AVOlio

Hey Again, im about to get a router soon . So im gonna try this method, cause im sick of the electricity fails im getting after reaching like 50 % or the same errors im getting on the ps3 ! (ps3-error-code-80710723).

I still have a question though, after assigning the IP's both laptop and ps3, and while i started the download in pc, can i turn the ps3 off ?! or it should be on while the download ?
I know it should be on while the installation (Duuh)  but is it necessary for it to be turned on while the download of the patch on the Laptop ?!

#14 December 9 2011

Gamer

Why not get a UPS for your PS3 and Router that why you don't get disconnected nor suffer any corrupt data, but this is not a permanent solution for UPS only last up to 20min, give or take. Atleast it gives you enough time to shutdown the ps3 or the generator to kick in

#15 December 9 2011

ibxoful

@AVOlio after you obtain the download link of the patch feel free to turn it off
and plz read the steps and enjoy ;)
@gamer i alrdy said, using that method will give a much higer speed and the ability to pause it (using a downloader ofc, i highly recommend Internet Download Manager

Last edited by ibxoful (December 9 2011)

#16 December 10 2011

AVOlio

HaHa !!  yeaaaaa .  I finally downloaded/updated the freakin patch !!  Using this method !

Thanks alot man !!

#17 June 15 2015

King Gamer

I have issues with the proxy server for ps3

I am linking everything, getting the download link and files, but when I replace the link with new one, my ps3 wont download it from my pc, it still download it from the internet, I need experienced people help please, I have 1.5 gb battlefield download already got the pkg using the proxy but wont to transfer it to my ps3, its cech 4000 superslim with 500gb , ofw, 4.7

#18 June 24 2015

Freddy98

King Gamer , it is no more possible to download games with this method . I think each time a different link to the download is generated (or something like that) . Unfortunately ,  the only way to download games is directly from your ps3 .

#19 July 16 2015

NuclearVision

At least after 4 years internet is faster.

#20 July 16 2015

omarmasri

NuclearVision wrote:

At least after 4 years internet is faster.

haha yea I'm still on 256kbps if I were to take from Ogero

I got my net now from the cable person

#21 January 18 2016

King Gamer

not working anymore for game patches that's why it didn't work for me, sony don't like their devices exploited even if its not a danger, ps proxy was a life saver cause of unstable internet here, anyway proxy still works for DLC and full games download , but there is a workaround, something about pausing and resuming the download quickly, indianvideogamers.com has the full review if interested, but since game patches cant be downloaded in the background, this method don't work .

#22 January 19 2016

rolf

King Gamer wrote:

not working anymore for game

I bought a PS4, but I never liked Sony from that aspect. A couple of years ago they sued a teenager that managed to hack something on their console.
Last day I wanted to play with a friend online, in split screen, and although I had a PSN account it required him to have one as well.
Makes PCs look better.

#23 January 19 2016

Georges00

rolf wrote:
King Gamer wrote:

not working anymore for game

I bought a PS4, but I never liked Sony from that aspect. A couple of years ago they sued a teenager that managed to hack something on their console.
Last day I wanted to play with a friend online, in split screen, and although I had a PSN account it required him to have one as well.
Makes PCs look better.

George Hotz Aka Geohotz!
The same guy that jailbreaked and unlocked the first iPhone.

Board footer