LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 24 2015

Truepeace

Need help buying a receiver

Hi,
I am sick of my dish because I never have all the champions league matches and football clubs matches so I want to buy a receiver to enjoy having them all and in HD.
But I don't want to ask my dish provider because I don't know anything about them, how they work, how are they available... so I won't know which one to buy or if it is good.
So please I need the help of someone who can guide me in buying what I want and what's the best, plus the best prices offered.

#2 February 24 2015

AVOlio

Re: Need help buying a receiver

@Truepeace, (Just finished watching ManCity and FCB now by the way )
So,at first, in order to be able to watch on a receiver, i am sure that you are aware that you need a Satellite dish installed on the roof.
This Dish,should be directed to the land line satellites which will receive signals of Cablevision,Digitek and Econet.
And basically,you will watch Bein on these land line satellites ,because there is no other way at the moment (Nilesat,Hotbird etc.. dont work).

After the installation of the dish to the land line satellites, obviously you will be shopping for a receiver. (which should support cccam )
Now i have been suggested by my cccam server provider to go for Strong receivers,
Models you should be looking for are:
Strong 4950 price apprx 50$
Strong 4922 price apprx 65$
Strong 4930l price apprx 130$
I guess you should look around and ask about them.
He also pointed out that there is a store in Dora near Khoury home,Bank audi that sells them.
I didnt check it out yet, maybe you should.

Finally when you get the receiver, you need a cccam server to be able to watch the Encrypted channels obviously (requires internet connection).
I can provide you with a server if you want, a cheap and very stable server that will open most channels on every satellite. (Im very happy with mine).
Or you could just go for the account that came with the receiver.

So, hope that helps.

#3 February 25 2015

Truepeace

First congrats for barca!! Although I didn't have the match to watch it :(
.Second, you first talked about the Dish, so from where should I get it,"Cablevision,Digitek and Econet" ?  And which one to choose? And is it different from the "Dish" cable that arrives to my home that lets me watch the ~85 channels I have? The guy who gives me this Dish once told me that if I want he can give me a receiver but I have to pay 100$ once, so did he mean a receiver that will be connected to one of the "Cablevision,Digitek and Econet" dishes?
.And what's the difference between the 3 receivers you mentioned? The quality? Or what affects the quality if I want a very good one?
And the price of the receiver is paid once right? But the dish subscription monthly?
.And the cccam thing, first it is used to unlock the encrypted channels that "Cablevision,Digitek and Econet" are gaving me? And if I "go for the account that came with the receiver" so I won't have the channels unlocked? And if I want this variety of channels I should search for cccam provider?? Who? And you said I should have internet access, do you mean it's streaming (so with slow speed it'll suck) or just for keeping the channels unlocked or something related to it's work?

Sorry for asking so much and thanks a lot for your detailed answer above.

Last edited by Truepeace (February 25 2015)

#4 February 25 2015

AVOlio

Okay First of all, let me tell you the difference of each landline satellite available here (which basically are those three only).
Basically they are all the same,they are all TV channels that you will watch, but the difference between them will be the features of every satellite, For example:
-Cablevision: Its best feature is that you will have a pack of OSN channels to watch, and there are a few HD channels between them.
It also has Bein Sports (SD),MBC,Fox etc etc.. and basically any channel the 10$ cable satellite guy provides you (of course with a much more stable and high picture quality, no interference or "Khesh Khesh" on screen).
-Digitek: Its best Feature will be having the Bein Sports channels on HD. (And im thinking this is the satellite for you).
again,it also has all the other basic channels just like the satellite guy.
-Econet: Hmmm, i dont know really, me personally, i did not see any special feature that econet offers, except maybe the channel TiJi for the kids.
It also has Bein Sports (SD) and every other channel like the satellite guy.

Me currently i have set up the satellite dish on the roof, to receive Cablevision and Digitek. (With one dish).
And if you want, you can install two satellite dishes (Sa7en),and you can receive all three satellites. But its useless in my opinion.

So all you have to do, is to find a nearby satellite shop, and buy a Satellite dish from him, tell him that i want to receive Cablevision/Digitek for example, and he will come and install it on your roof.

Okay now that you are done with the satellite dish on the roof and whichever satellites you will choose.
Lets move on the the receivers.
The reason of the price difference of the receivers i mentioned, or in general, the reason of the price difference between any receivers out there, will be the features of each and every receiver that will offer you.
For example, the Strong 4930l (130$), from its price you will know that you will get more features, like Wifi, Lan, Picture in Picture etc..
And the other one for example might not have Lan, but has Wifi , or Vise versa.
Things like that.
You should search about them on the internet to know more.
Also if you end up buying another receiver, be sure to ask the seller of the features of it, ask him whats the difference between this and this etc.
(You have to make sure of course that the receiver has cccam support, and will be Full HD)

Moving on to cccam servers.
cccam is a yearly subscription. You buy one account, and you will be able to watch encrypted channels for one year.
And no, Its not streaming (Thank God) you just need internet access to connect to the servers themselves to keep the encrypted channels open.

Now if you a buy a new receiver that supports cccam. By default there will be an account included in it, that will allow you to watch encrypted channels on satellites like Hotbird or Nilesat.  I doubt that the factory default cccam server will allow you to watch channels on the landline satellites here in lebanon (Cablevision/Digitek/Econet).
So you will have to find a cccam server that will allow you to open the channels on the landline satellites.
I currently have 3 accounts on my receiver.
One that came with the receiver when i first bought it.
One that i added later to open scrambled channels on the landline satellites ( I did this during the world cup). Although i was not happy with it,because it kept cutting and freezing.
And the third and final one, is the one i am so happy with, and i got it from a reliable provider that i communicate with always.
If you want, i'll get one for you as well (After you finish installing and buying the receiver of course) Its cheap and very stable.
Ive heard people selling the landline cccam servers here for much much more! 

So yea, thats basically the entire operation.
If you have any comments or questions feel free to contact us.
Thank you.
Best Regards.   

LoL

#5 February 25 2015

Truepeace

Hahahaha that end
Awesome reply man, chapeau bas, I get everything now :)
So, I will start as you said by buying a Dish, but I don't have any idea from where to find one especially in my area, my father also doesn't know any shop, so any reputable store or should I ask my nearby friends? And how much does it cost approximately just to have an idea. And how much should I pay to receive Digitek or Cablevision? And if I wanna move to another place soon, will it be difficult for me to move it with me there? And the cccam's server around how much, so I can get an idea about the whole operation cost.
And yes 2ahamma chi the Bein channels  even though it would be nice to have some of the osn cool ones.
Thanks a lot.

#6 February 25 2015

AVOlio

Pretty much you will have to locate satellite shops named "xxxx Sat".
For example, Rabih Sat, Najm Sat etc..
They usually have a satellite Dish hanging out of their store to let you know their shop.
It depends on your area, search around.
The cost? They are not extremely expensive individually.
For example, for the satellite dish, you dont need a dish as big as the ones at NASA, just a small dish with 50-100cm diameter.
It might cost you from 20-30 LBP. (So it depends on the size, and you dont need any bigger than this price range size).
And then you have the LNB to put on the dish.
If you're planning to connect the dish to one receiver/TV only, you will have to buy a LNB with one exit, which will cost like 10$. (from the same shop)
Also,you have the installation fee of the guy that will come and install the dish on your roof. (Dont pay more than 20$).
Oh and you have the cable price, to connect the dish to the receiver at home, price depends on the length used. (Its not that much either, a fully new wrapped satellite cable pack costs around 20LBP).
You have the price of the receiver of your choice.
And you will have the price of the cccam account. (contact me to know the price)

You dont pay anything to Receive Digitek or cablevision, you just tell to the guy who will install, to install it for Digitek and Cablevision, and he will point the dish to the direction of where those satellites are.
And yea, your best option is to go for Digitek/Cablevision combo, like me.

#7 February 25 2015

Truepeace

I checked this http://www.cablevision.com.lb/subpage.aspx?pageid=6
My friend recommended I buy the Strong HD sports package, but here they would give the receiver right? But why does it cost so much (426$!) I thought the receiver costs max 130$ from the 3 you recommended me.
[EDIT] Oh so the 426 it's the receiver price + the subscription but still it's a lot...

#8 February 26 2015

NAM

@truepeace ... cablevision is a legitimate company and if you choose to support them then you have to pay the price .. cccam on the other hand is not legitimate but it is cheap (there are free ones too) and it gets you the same channels.

The question is are you able to pay the legitimate amount of money and are you happy enough with the whole service to support the company?

The same concept goes towards games .. pirated or torrent

#9 February 27 2015

Truepeace

@NAM Yeah got it, thanks!

#10 February 27 2015

ranibalaa

@AVOlio, If i currently have a receive plugged in (platinium) from the local cable guy. Can i just connect the strong receiver and ccam through that wire instead of setting up new dish?

By the way, would you know how much digitek costs legitimately just for the HD channels bein?

Last edited by ranibalaa (February 27 2015)

#11 February 27 2015

AVOlio

@ranibalaa
If the receiver has cccam support, no need to get a second receiver. You put your cccam account in your current receiver and youre good to go.
In theory yes you can use that wire, IF the other end of that wire is connected to the dish itself, and not through any other device from the cable guy used to distribute/split the signals etc..

So, the wire from the cable guy, is connected to a receiver you say?
What satellites you have installed on the receiver?  (HotBird,Nilesat etc...)

And about the digitek original subscription , i have no clue.

Also another thing, i have been recently told that Digitek stopped broadcasting Bein Sports HD.
I cannot confirm this,since i stopped receiving Digitek signal on my receiver at home (maybe dish needs re-aligning).
So can anyone confirm if Digitek is actually still broadcasting Bein Sports HD?

#12 February 27 2015

raichu

AVOlio wrote:

@ranibalaa
If the receiver has cccam support, no need to get a second receiver. You put your cccam account in your current receiver and youre good to go.
In theory yes you can use that wire, IF the other end of that wire is connected to the dish itself, and not through any other device from the cable guy used to distribute/split the signals etc..

So, the wire from the cable guy, is connected to a receiver you say?
What satellites you have installed on the receiver?  (HotBird,Nilesat etc...)

And about the digitek original subscription , i have no clue.

Also another thing, i have been recently told that Digitek stopped broadcasting Bein Sports HD.
I cannot confirm this,since i stopped receiving Digitek signal on my receiver at home (maybe dish needs re-aligning).
So can anyone confirm if Digitek is actually still broadcasting Bein Sports HD?

Anyone knows Digitek's site and list of channels?

#13 February 28 2015

Mr Beetle

Can I use the same dish for nilesat to receive any of the landline satellite?

Last edited by Mr Beetle (March 2 2015)

#14 December 14 2015

Techlover

Has anyone used any Technocoms hd satellite receiver (with cccam server i think ) for encrypted channels?

#15 December 15 2015

hishjwnz

Hello Everyone,
I am also tired of the bad quality of my cable provider, and thus considering getting my own dish and receiver.
Reading the posts in this topic was really fruitful. I am just wondering about the actual data consumption of the receiver when it's constantly connected to the server to unlock the encrypted channels, and the approximate cost of the cccam subscription (I heard of a 50$ per year option)

#16 December 16 2015

amkahal

hishjwnz wrote:

Hello Everyone,
I am also tired of the bad quality of my cable provider, and thus considering getting my own dish and receiver.
Reading the posts in this topic was really fruitful. I am just wondering about the actual data consumption of the receiver when it's constantly connected to the server to unlock the encrypted channels, and the approximate cost of the cccam subscription (I heard of a 50$ per year option)

the Receiver just need to exchanges keys (text) with the server, so virtually no consumption.
as for fees, it's about 35$.

#17 December 16 2015

hishjwnz

amkahal wrote:

the Receiver just need to exchanges keys (text) with the server, so virtually no consumption.

That's the approximate yearly subscription cost right?

#18 December 18 2015

amkahal

hishjwnz wrote:
amkahal wrote:

That's the approximate yearly subscription cost right?

yes, yearly.

Board footer