LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 2 2015

joem

Browsing reporting/monitoring

Dear,

As you know, users can clear they cache, history etc. in any browser if i am not mistaken.
Is there any free 'browsing reporting/monitoring' software?
Thnx

Last edited by joem (December 2 2015)

#2 December 2 2015

TheStunMan

Re: Browsing reporting/monitoring

Seriously, why not look at it from the other side? Is there any free 'browsing reporting/monitoring' software that reports visited websites by admins and managers ?

It is called privacy for a reason, if you don't want to allow x users to browse any website just take it the internet down or install a proxy and choose which websites are allowed to be passed.

#3 December 3 2015

Georges00

Use something that blocks website. Something like Fortiguard orBlue Coat Web Filter (nnot free though)

#4 December 5 2015

joem

Dear TheStunMan,

When my client/business owner ask me a service, I need (1) to provide him that service and (2) It is up to him to decide :)

TheStunMan wrote:

Seriously, why not look at it from the other side? Is there any free 'browsing reporting/monitoring' software that reports visited websites by admins and managers ?

It is called privacy for a reason, if you don't want to allow x users to browse any website just take it the internet down or install a proxy and choose which websites are allowed to be passed.

#5 December 5 2015

joem

Thnx Georges00

Georges00 wrote:

Use something that blocks website. Something like Fortiguard orBlue Coat Web Filter (nnot free though)

#6 December 5 2015

Stygmata
Banned

how many users you want to control ? what is your topology ? etc

#7 December 5 2015

hussam

You are asking for something 'free' but mentioning a client/business owner which is odd.
How much is your client's budget? How large is the user base?

If this really is for personal use/research, look at nmap for monitoring and iptables for filtering.

Board footer