LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1401 November 27 2015

silo_m8

Re: What are you playing these days ?

https://youtu.be/1d0rsT0hauo

Joker has some interesting observations concerning i5 vs i7

#1402 December 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Finished Fallout 4, not amazed by this game as others were, personally I still prefer Farcry 4 much more.
I am gonna play seriously at Assassin Creed Syndicate tomorrow with hopefully my new TV.
I can't wait for Tomb Raider (2) on PC, I played the 2013 one perhaps 4x and still like to play it again.
BTW I have the Xbox360 and I can download the ISO torrent, what are the steps to burn an xbox360 disc? You still need a Verbatim DVD 9?

#1403 December 8 2015

Satfoun
Banned

How do u finish all those games. I havent finished MGSV not Fallout 4 nor Witcher 3 AC Syndicate and not even Dragon Age. The last game i finished was Gtav....after like7months since i started playin lol
Even NFS rivals i only finished the Cops part

#1404 December 8 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I didn't play side missions in Fallout 4, just stick to the main quests, MGS 5 took me a month give or take.
And hey I am without work that's why I have some free time

#1405 December 9 2015

silo_m8

I hope you pirated fallout 4, because if you didn't play the side missions, you are missing the point of any Bethesda sandbox game. They are very mediocre at creating a good narrative. What they are good at is creating I big interesting playground where you create your own adventure. Same goes to the elder scroll series. Nobody plays skyrim just to go kill alduin, you play it so you can sneak past a giant, lure it into the nearest town and watch the chaos unfold. Far cry 4 was far cry 3.5 to me, only willing to do the ubitower and ubifetch quests so many times. While fallout isn't a good shooter or a good rpg or a good sim (settlements) but the sum of all its parts is a very fun game.  If you are more story driven, you should only play games similar to witcher and Mgs

#1406 December 9 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Once you finish the main quest you loose 80% of the side quest anyway as you loose 2 of 3 main groups (from Railroad,Institute and Brotherhood) I tried the small other side missions but they are boring.
I also like games that have great graphics, Fallout 4 didn't wowed me, it has good graphics but it's ''deja vu''
What I liked is the post apocalyptic ambiance like if you were walking in Pripyat after the Tchernobyl explosion

#1407 December 9 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

What I liked is the post apocalyptic ambiance like if you were walking in Pripyat after the Tchernobyl explosion

So the Fallout 4 looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R?

By the way, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series are excellent games if you like post-apocalyptic games.

#1408 December 11 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

So I bought Rise of Tomb Raider for Xbox 360, it said LT3 on the picture and I didn't play on my xbox 360 for 2 years so perhaps lt2.0 or older, inserted the disc, it asked to update the FW, I said ok bro! Once the update was done the game worked like a charm :)
Lara is prettier than ever, graphics of course looks old compared to PC games included Tomb Raider 2013 with everything to the max.
But for an xbox 360 game the graphics are the best I saw.
BTW the 1st real mission is in...Syria (actual syrian war)
I will play it now and replay it later on PC with all the graphics goodies

#1409 December 14 2015

Silentcontrol

Rainbow 6 siege and its awsome

#1410 December 14 2015

Tech Guru

Rainbow Six Siege , Enjoying it to the maximum = Bought it cracked of blue ray for 6000LL and using
Tunngle Servers to Playing it Online :)

Note: The Game is Graphically Demand able to enjoy its graphic fidelity and a >30 Fps Experience.   

Fallout 4 and Black OPS3 at my premises for playing during the holiday vacation.

#1411 December 14 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Black ops 3 is very buggy even with the latest patch. You begin with 60fps with everything on Ultra then 10mns later you have fps going down to 15fps every 3 secs like a yoyo, making the game unplayable. The game wasn't ready for PC. That's without mentioning the saving game bug and xbox360 controller bug

#1412 December 14 2015

MAD

back to CSgo

#1413 December 14 2015

Tech Guru

@vegetaleb

You have a 970 right what are your core clock and memory clock , did you OC it or not yet.

#1414 December 14 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@vegetaleb

You have a 970 right what are your core clock and memory clock , did you OC it or not yet.

Nop! no custom OC, still using the stock speeds:
Boost Clock / Base Clock
1279 MHz / 1140 MHz (OC Mode)
1253 MHz / 1114 MHz (Gaming Mode)
4096 MB GDDR5 / 7010 MHz Memory

If you are asking for Black Ops 3, I red lot of GTX 980 users having the same stutter bug, Activision just wanted to make money on the game for Christmas period without finishing completely the PC's port, BF 6 will not be out before 3 months as well as FC Primal because they learned the lesson and are perfecting the port for PC

#1415 December 14 2015

Tech Guru

@vegetable

Yt0NIMD.png

Try some custom overclocking , the 970 has a lot of potential and may tip a 980 reference performance.

#1416 December 14 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Tech Guru wrote:

@vegetable

http://i.imgur.com/Yt0NIMD.png

Try some custom overclocking , the 970 has a lot of potential and may tip a 980 reference performance.

Last time I tried a high custom OC I gained +7fps in FC 4 and 1440p DSR which is very nice with this game, but I got some gfx artifacts after half an hour, meaning I pushed the OC too far. I want to play stable that's why I use stock OC

Last edited by vegetaleb (December 14 2015)

#1417 December 14 2015

Die_Kapitan

vegetaleb wrote:

4096 MB GDDR5

We all know that's not true ;)

#1418 December 15 2015

AVOlio

Tech Guru wrote:

Rainbow Six Siege , Enjoying it to the maximum = Bought it cracked of blue ray for 6000LL and using
Tunngle Servers to Playing it Online :)

Note: The Game is Graphically Demand able to enjoy its graphic fidelity and a >30 Fps Experience.   

Fallout 4 and Black OPS3 at my premises for playing during the holiday vacation.

Could you point out a tutorial on how to make the game work via tungle to play online?

Also i've never used tungle, does it effect ping?

#1419 December 16 2015

RockmasteR

Online: Rocket League, CS GO,
Single Player games: witcher 3 (new game+, BEST GAME EVER MADE), Fallout 4, MGSV, AC Syndicate
and got more games to finish, new games are coming fast!!

#1420 December 16 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Fina Fantasy Lightning Returns PC incoming

#1421 December 16 2015

ragdoll

Been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Can't explain why, but I just love playing this game.

Also pulled the trigger on The Mean Greens: Plastic Warfare. Was on sale for ~$10 and I had some left over money in my wallet. I do not regret buying this one bit. It rivals my favorite shooters because of how fun it is. Definitely needs more attention.

There's Tomb Raider (2013), too. Great game. Got it during the Black Friday sales.

Finally, doing my third Fallout 4 campaign. Changing the decisions I took in the first two times, along with my character's stats and playstyle.

Apparently the Steam Winter Sale starts on the 22nd. Ready your wallets, people.

#1422 December 16 2015

Die_Kapitan

ragdoll wrote:

Been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. Can't explain why, but I just love playing this game.

Euro Truck Simulator has a kind of magic that attracts everyone to it. It's not a game, it's a drug, just like Football Manager.

Just a piece of advice, if anyone wants to get Euro Truck Simulator 2 during the Winter sale, quit your job, divorce your wife/dump your girlfriend and lock yourself from the outside world, better do it now while you have some time left.

#1423 December 16 2015

ragdoll

Die_Kapitan wrote:
ragdoll wrote:

Euro Truck Simulator has a kind of magic that attracts everyone to it. It's not a game, it's a drug, just like Football Manager.

Just a piece of advice, if anyone wants to get Euro Truck Simulator 2 during the Winter sale, quit your job, divorce your wife/dump your girlfriend and lock yourself from the outside world, better do it now while you have some time left.

There's just something so satisfying about grinding to get the money to buy your own truck, and work your way to the top.

Best $4 I've ever spent. Was also during Black Friday. Should go down to the same value during Christmas, especially now that they're trying to advertise their upcoming American Truck Simulator game (here) along with the World of Trucks updates.

#1424 December 22 2015

ragdoll

Probably one of the worst Steam sales so far, for me.

#1425 December 25 2015

TheStunMan

enjoying black ops 3 awesome game!!

Board footer