LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 16 2015

A.L

raspberry pi video looper

Hello everyone,
I'm using a raspberry pi to loop a video on a display. I'm trying a new solution that starts the video when the pi boots,
http://curioustechnologist.com/post/104 … looper-for
I've downloaded the image found in the link above, i burn it to my sd card and boot my pi with my usb stick plugged, the boot gets stuck at
the following message:
[ ok] starting openbsd secure shell server: sshd.
i've looked into some solution online and i figured that i should change something in the .img file.
the problem is that when i try to extract the file it gives me that the image is corrupted, while i'm able to burn it with no problem on my sdcard.
anyone have any idea how to access the data stored in the .img file, or how to fix the problem of the boot.
Thank you.

#2 November 16 2015

Joe

Re: raspberry pi video looper

Maybe there was an issue when you burnt the image on your SD card. It happens sometimes, SD cards are poor memory sticks.
I would compare md5sum on your PC and your card just to be sure.

Also I would include more info from the boot sequence if you want us to help you more. From the disk image you can find all the boot sequence log in /var/log/boot.log

#3 November 17 2015

A.L

Re: raspberry pi video looper

hey Joe, thanks for your reply i solved this problem,
it turned out that the way the video looper works is it waits for an input video of the correct format ( .h264), else it'll not boot, it'll just wait for the correct video to be inserted.
Thanks again.

Board footer