LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 September 15 2015

eliminator

Re: Games Development

@rtwo2008
I sent you 9 developers ( companies and indie studios ) I can think off on top of my head, there are others but they aren't specialized in games.

rtwo2008 wrote:

almost no one had heard of Unity3d...

"Almost all developers" in Lebanon work, to pay bills and put food on the table. So not so many developers have time ( especially that dev companies usually exploit their employees' time )  to code side projects or have fun learning Unity and gamedev especially that game dev is not thought in universities, not even as an optional course.
We need to be flexible (Passe-partout) in order to stay fit for the job, because it is the client who defines out technological needs, not only the employer. That's why I told you previously, if your goal it to make a AAA hit game to make revenues out of it, I would talk marketing and target user, before I talk technically, unity3d, game genre, platforms etc...
On the other hand if your goal is to make a piece of art, then I would proceed with whatever the artistic taste urges me to do.

#27 September 16 2015

chosen2k

Naming the companies is against the forum rules ?

#28 September 16 2015

samer
Admin

eliminator, in this particular context it would be fine for you to list the name of the four companies.

#29 September 18 2015

eliminator

Sure:
- Wixel
- Gamecooks
- Falafel games: http://www.falafel-games.com/ ( I think DEV is outsourced, far east)
- Mercurial (Creators ofthe lebanese funny games 2-3 years ago)

#30 September 18 2015

chosen2k

To all excited about games development check this week's humble bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

There's GameMaker studio Pro that was used to create games like Hotline Miami in addition to games and their source code.

You need to pay $12 to unlock all the bundle and get an additional module that allows you to export your game to android.

Good luck :)

#31 September 20 2015

jsaade

eliminator wrote:

Sure:
- Wixel
- Gamecooks
- Falafel games: http://www.falafel-games.com/ ( I think DEV is outsourced, far east)
- Mercurial (Creators ofthe lebanese funny games 2-3 years ago)

We are Mercury and not Mercurial :) we are not only game dev. We do all types of interactive development. Released LAF Hero a few months ago btw

#32 September 20 2015

Satfoun
Banned

Thats a game about the Lebanese army forces....i never tried it tho...busy playin metal gear hehe

#33 October 23 2016

rtwo2008

Just a quick update on this.
We formed a team (5) around April 2016 and we have been working on the project ever since.
We are still lacking a 2D artist (interface, buttons, etc...)
And a 2nd developer (Unity 3D).

Last edited by rtwo2008 (October 23 2016)

#34 October 23 2016

Anthony2000

rtwo2008 wrote:

We formed a team (5) around April 2016 and we have been working on the project ever since.

feel free to contact me, i have some experience with unity 3d

#35 October 23 2016

Cpt.Majed

rtwo2008 wrote:

I have some experience in both Unity and being a 2d artist in case you still need someone

Board footer