LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

Is cablevision worth it?

so from what i see cablevision offers nearly the same channels as the (dich te3 el 7ay) one but for a slightly higher price

#2 October 26 2014

NuclearVision

Re: Is cablevision worth it?

I guess it's got a much better signal.
The local seller's signal is very bad.

#3 October 26 2014

bermudapineapple

I've got it. It definitely has many more channels than normal dish and many of the channels are in full HD. But my family uses it more than me. I just use it for Bein Sports.

#4 October 26 2014

nosense

tt400 wrote:

I've got it. It definitely has many more channels than normal dish and many of the channels are in full HD. But my family uses it more than me. I just use it for Bein Sports.

is bein sport in HD ? how much do you pay for installation and per month

#5 October 26 2014

AvoK95

How much is cable vision?

#6 October 26 2014

Ahmad Toutounji

is beinsports hd? does the sports package have everything without the majestic package?

#7 October 26 2014

bermudapineapple

You can check the prices on their website. I think you pay annually, not monthly.

There are a few times when Bein Sports is in HD and other times when it's not. I've called and asked why sometimes the channels suddenly aren't in HD anymore and from what I understand it isn't their fault (something to do with what resolutions they receive). The channel is usually in HD but I don't receive the HD resolution all the time (e.g. watching Being Sports 11HD but with normal ~500 resolution).

To get 11 and 12 you have to pay for the most expensive package, which is standard practice across all carriers, honestly. It's because the best content is on 11 and 12.

#8 October 28 2014

ramy58

Cablevision is great. Why? Because OSN. I don't really have anything else to say, OSN is simply amazing.

#9 June 2 2015

amkahal

Hi,
Please i need feedback from cablevision subscribers about the quality of channels,uptime especially for BeIN channels, and do you get family + sports when you subscribe to sports Package ??

#10 June 2 2015

AVOlio

@amkahal
BeIn sports on cablevision is SD, on Digitek, its HD.
Now i dont have official subscription from cablevision, so i dont know about the packages.
What i have is a dish on the roof, capturing landline signals and satellites, like cablevision/Digitek/Econet (currently i have cablevision and digitek installed) and how i watch the channels is with cccaam.
I have both Bein packages from Cablevision and Digitek (and obbiously i watch digitek cause its HD).
And i have a bunch of OSN channels, like OSN movies action HD, OSN movies HD, OSN first, OSN first comedy,OSN movies kids,OSN movies premier etc etc... Discovery HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Outdoor HD , AMC, Boomerang, Cartoon network, Disney etc etc.
Digitek has some great channels also like Comedy Central, Nickelodeon etc.

If you have a dish installed and a receiver with cccam support, i suggest you do the same.
And forget about all BS as subscription and stuff like that.

#11 June 2 2015

dsoftware.king

AVOlio wrote:

@amkahal
BeIn sports on cablevision is SD, on Digitek, its HD.
Now i dont have official subscription from cablevision, so i dont know about the packages.
What i have is a dish on the roof, capturing landline signals and satellites, like cablevision/Digitek/Econet (currently i have cablevision and digitek installed) and how i watch the channels is with cccaam.
I have both Bein packages from Cablevision and Digitek (and obbiously i watch digitek cause its HD).
And i have a bunch of OSN channels, like OSN movies action HD, OSN movies HD, OSN first, OSN first comedy,OSN movies kids,OSN movies premier etc etc... Discovery HD, Nat Geo Wild HD, Outdoor HD , AMC, Boomerang, Cartoon network, Disney etc etc.
Digitek has some great channels also like Comedy Central, Nickelodeon etc.

If you have a dish installed and a receiver with cccam support, i suggest you do the same.
And forget about all BS as subscription and stuff like that.

You mean you buy subscriptions or you buy a card (cracked)  that enables you to watch those channels?

Last edited by dsoftware.king (June 2 2015)

#12 June 2 2015

AVOlio

No you open the channels through cccam servers, so obviously Internet is needed.
Although its not streaming, you just need an internet connection to connect to the servers only.

So firstly you need a receiver that supports cccam (which most receivers you see for sale nowadays do), and then you need to buy a proper cccam subscription (which will last one year) .

#13 June 2 2015

dsoftware.king

AVOlio wrote:

No you open the channels through cccam servers, so obviously Internet is needed.
Although its not streaming, you just need an internet connection to connect to the servers only.

So firstly you need a receiver that supports cccam (which most receivers you see for sale nowadays do), and then you need to buy a proper cccam subscription (which will last one year) .

will you get all bein channels (11 & 12)? how much is the yearly CCCAM subscription fee? does it happen that the subscription expires before the 1 year?

#14 June 2 2015

AVOlio

Yea, you will get Bein Sports from 1 to 13. (HD on Digitek and SD on cablevision).
but firstly of course, you need your dish on the roof to capture these satellites first (Cablevision and Digitek).

For the cccam subscription, it will last you one year, no more no less.
I have my subscription from a reliable supplier, you will watch the channels silky smooth with no cuts.
Please check your PM for further info.

#15 June 3 2015

amkahal

Please Provide us with contact info for a good cccam subscription supplier.

#16 June 9 2015

xAzarian

AVOlio wrote:

Yea, you will get Bein Sports from 1 to 13. (HD on Digitek and SD on cablevision).
but firstly of course, you need your dish on the roof to capture these satellites first (Cablevision and Digitek).

I have my subscription from a reliable supplier, you will watch the channels silky smooth with no cuts.

Can you please pm me the contact info too?

#17 June 16 2015

Louis40

AVOlio wrote:

Hi, Thx for sending a PM..

#18 June 24 2015

Salloum

I think it really depends on how good/bad the "dish" in your neighborhood is. Personally mine is great, so I never felt the need to deal with Cablevision. My sister has it though and she tells me it's not all great, there's outages sometimes.

#19 July 20 2015

njm

AVOlio wrote:

hi AVOlio, can you please send me the contact info? My current cccam subscription is bad. Keeps disconnecting from the server.
Thank you

#20 August 31 2015

xerxes

I have a brand new Full HD receiver with 1 year subscription (osn,  cablevison,  digitek) for sale.

#21 September 2 2015

amkahal

any confirmation that BeIN still work on ECONET with cccam server, since it stopped on cablevision few days ago.

#22 September 2 2015

AVOlio

Working fine on Digitek.

#23 September 2 2015

bermudapineapple

Everyone got screwed over about 2 weeks ago. I had to upgrade my receiver to be able to watch BEIN Sports.

#24 September 2 2015

ballad

tt400 wrote:

Everyone got screwed over about 2 weeks ago. I had to upgrade my receiver to be able to watch BEIN Sports.

so now bein sports requires a 200$ subscription and a 120$ bein receiver?

#25 September 2 2015

xerxes

Its working fine here,  on cablevision and digitek

Board footer