LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 29 2015

Tech Guru

Re: LG G4 in Lebanon

@vegetable

"Btw note 5 looks pretty deceiving with the fragile glass back and no sdcard" 100% I agree  , the shift of Samsung with S6 and now Note 5 with no SD and none removable back is not smart. May the trend will change with the S7. I like the G4 more than the S6 Frequently - but the S6 has a lot of power beneath. In both cases, time to move a new batteries technology. I guess Samsung get a patent with a new battery technology , with more juice , compact , and very fast to charge. Hopefully they will introduce in the S7. However, the wireless charging from the S6 goes along with a GPS usage, but "literally" it is not wireless , the machine need to be set on a wireless adaptor.

#27 July 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Yep the S6 wireless charging is bs, people are not so lazy to not plug the micro usb + it's slow charging.
Quick charging 2.0 though is a superb tech and it's on all flagships like M9 and G4.
I usually have difficulties to switch from HTC phones to other brands because of the perfect Sense 7, but now that Xpirt from xda ported it to all other Android phones with lolipop,   I can finally consider a G4 or even note 4.
The problem now is that amhaz who is the prices mover didn't update his pricelist for 10 days now!!
Looks like I will have to wait till Note 5 unveiling after all to see things crumble.
Too bad htc doesn't want to play in the phablet ground, the Aero that will come out in october will be 5.2" at best

#28 July 30 2015

LifeEngineer

One question: i have a chance to trade my like new note 4 4g to a like new lg g4!
Should i do it?

#29 July 30 2015

Tech Guru

Yes Go For It

#30 July 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

LifeEngineer wrote:

One question: i have a chance to trade my like new note 4 4g to a like new lg g4!
Should i do it?

Hey! I want a used G4!!
New it's overpriced
But anyway check the touchscreen to see if it has issues.
Why you want to get rid of your Note 4? It has some good roms now like Glamour

#31 July 31 2015

LifeEngineer

vegetaleb wrote:

Hey! I want a used G4!!
New it's overpriced

Well it's a good phone definitely and a great camera but it's far from perfect!

What gets on my nerve mostly is that recent button that takes nearly 3 seconds to load! Sometimes 5sec!
I tried every custom rom, I debloated the rom, stopped s voice, s health, talk,...
I followed every tip online but it still take a lot of time for a 600$ phone!

Also, even with all those debloated rom, I never  have a free gig of ram! Multitasking is bad with that touchwiz eating everything and closing apps in the background! Of course not as bad as a S6, but still not as good as a G4 or an xperia Z3!

Also on lollipop, pretty much like every other phone, battery sucks on data! It's a known bug in lollipop pre-5.1.1 and apps keep sucking battery and connecting all the time! I barely get 3hrs of SOT in a normal day! On wifi, I can get 8hrs SOT! The issue isn't there on wifi!

Also, the fingerprint is garbage with that swipe system and frustrating!

Finally, I have had many hangups and reboots! Not a critical issue! Maybe once a day but it still bothers me!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (July 31 2015)

#32 July 31 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

LifeEngineer wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Hey! I want a used G4!!
New it's overpriced

Well it's a good phone definitely and a great camera but it's far from perfect!

What gets on my nerve mostly is that recent button that takes nearly 3 seconds to load! Sometimes 5sec!
I tried every custom rom, I debloated the rom, stopped s voice, s health, talk,...
I followed every tip online but it still take a lot of time for a 600$ phone!

Also, even with all those debloated rom, I never  have a free gig of ram! Multitasking is bad with that touchwiz eating everything and closing apps in the background! Of course not as bad as a S6, but still not as good as a G4 or an xperia Z3!

Also on lollipop, pretty much like every other phone, battery sucks on data! It's a known bug in lollipop pre-5.1.1 and apps keep sucking battery and connecting all the time! I barely get 3hrs of SOT in a normal day! On wifi, I can get 8hrs SOT! The issue isn't there on wifi!

Also, the fingerprint is garbage with that swipe system and frustrating!

Finally, I have had many hangups and reboots! Not a critical issue! Maybe once a day but it still bothers me!

Yep I understand you, I passed by samsung showroom today just for curiosity, the Note 4 there was laggy!
Opening the app drawer took 2 secs, the whole phone looked slowed, it's weird but it's like their was an expiry date on this phone.
Now I am convinced it will be G4.
My M9 is wonderful but I need a bigger screen.
Waiting for mr Amhaz to drop the price as the LG company in Lebanon won't do it if Amhaz maintain the same price LOL
I don't want to pay too much for the M9 to G4 passage.
Btw did you tried Sense 7 launcher port + Sense apps ports from xpirt?

#33 July 31 2015

LifeEngineer

vegetaleb wrote:

Yep I understand you, I passed by samsung showroom today just for curiosity, the Note 4 there was laggy!
Opening the app drawer took 2 secs, the whole phone looked slowed, it's weird but it's like their was an expiry date on this phone.
Now I am convinced it will be G4.
My M9 is wonderful but I need a bigger screen.
Waiting for mr Amhaz to drop the price as the LG company in Lebanon won't do it if Amhaz maintain the same price LOL
I don't want to pay too much for the M9 to G4 passage.
Btw did you tried Sense 7 launcher port + Sense apps ports from xpirt?

Well unfortunately it's the case for every samsung! I just really can't understand how do they do it?!! How do they fuck up each phone!
I have had lg, htc, oneplus one, etc... And although android by itself is a mess and collects garbage with time, not a single one showed issues like the one samsungs exhibit! Really amazing! They're good at it!
I always say that's my last samsung but always get one bcz i get tempted by the hardware, specs and features hoping that software should be much better! And I'm always wrong!

No I didn't try those ports! I like htc but unlike samsung they didn't realease till now a flagship with true good specs! Always something to still wish for!
I always said it and will say it "htc is one of the best smartphones maker in the world but they committed suicide with the htc sensation and still are committing suicide with each phone they released!" Pitty...

#34 July 31 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

LG official pack price decreased 50$ this week, it's now 560$ full with 18months warranty!!
Amhaz price manager is really in holidays, for 40$ I will definitely take the official version.
Let's see amhaz reaction :)

Last edited by vegetaleb (July 31 2015)

#35 August 3 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Damn I am good!
Stars dropped the G4 price to 465$!
If it has their 12months warranty I may take it

#36 August 3 2015

Satfoun
Banned

In 400$?! Waow
Here they were sellin it for 560 like 2 weeks ago

#37 August 17 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Not impressed by the note 5 and its lack of sdcard!
Rumours are saying note 4 price will drop to 450$ and note edge to 550$ this week!
Tried the G4 in the showroom of LG with my earphones as my smartphones are my audio player in car and sports, sound quality was pretty nice but volume was not even close to my M9.
I heard the SOT of G4 is not great, how much are you getting?
Anyone bought the "gold" plastic model?
Looks like they are not selling leather back cover alone.

#38 August 17 2015

chosen2k

I would wait for the G4 pro

#39 August 17 2015

Tech Guru

@vegetaleb

I have been using the G4 now for approximately 2 Months - It is a great all around phone , go grab one mate you have been interested in it for a while and I am surprised until now you did not get one.

#40 August 17 2015

Houssam

my brother has a G4 >>> my S6 can take better photos (especially in darker situations) just for the record

#41 August 17 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Hehe I know Tech Guru, but because my m9 hasn't a year of mileage swapping it with another phone requires more conviction. The screen,camera and thermals are surely better than m9 even though the m9 got enhancements. I was waiting for the dev scene to evolve on G4, they got xposed today and one custom rom, probably in september more roms will come. As for the earphones volume I still didn't get a clear answer if viper4android db boost is enough to bring it close to m9.
Called LG Lebanon and they sell leather back covers alone.

#42 August 20 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Damn!
I couldn't find someone to buy my M9!
it looks like everyone is traveling or at the mountains.
I received a call from Aramex today telling me that Samsung sent me a  gift box, tomorrow I will receive it.
Could it be an S6 so I sell it? :)

#43 August 24 2015

TrollFatGuy

So what was the gift box about Vegetaleb? You got me hyped up and then left the topic; I am genuinely interested.

#44 August 25 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Hihihihi, I thought it was a Note 5 but it was a small chocolate box!
If Samsung calls me I will tell them I was expecting a phone from them, at least this is what they do in the US when they want to apology

#45 August 27 2015

LifeEngineer

vegetaleb wrote:

Hihihihi, I thought it was a Note 5 but it was a small chocolate box!
If Samsung calls me I will tell them I was expecting a phone from them, at least this is what they do in the US when they want to apology

Thank God it wasn't a note 5!

See how that compares to a G4 (3gb ram vs 4gb ram)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm2DP3o8cYw

Typical garbage samsung... I'm hating my note 4 multitasking...

#46 August 27 2015

LifeEngineer

Guys!

I'm thinking about moving from my note 4 to the g4!
Did anyone of you do that jump!? Is it wise?! Any feedback?!

#47 August 27 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

Got the G4 since yesterday, I had the 2 covers box (one leather and one plastic gold)
This phone is amazing!
Screen is the best I saw this year, even iphone 6+ users were astonished
Camera is blazing fast and so superior to any other phone.
No lags
Speaker is very loud.
Audio quality is very loud and very good quality on BT, on wired earphones it has a very good quality but need a little boost (V4A or Neutron).
The whole UI is way better than samsung.
I am gonna root it to recover all my apps and games from Titanium backup and use V4A.
It's way better than M9 (which was already very good), the G4 NEVER gets hot.
I will install Sense 7 (port from xpirt)
Well yes I recommend this phone

#48 August 28 2015

Tech Guru

@Vegetable

Congratulation Bro . As I have told you way back . Enjoy using it

#49 August 28 2015

Doom

vegetaleb wrote:

Got the G4 since yesterday, I had the 2 covers box (one leather and one plastic gold)
This phone is amazing!
Screen is the best I saw this year, even iphone 6+ users were astonished
Camera is blazing fast and so superior to any other phone.
No lags
Speaker is very loud.
Audio quality is very loud and very good quality on BT, on wired earphones it has a very good quality but need a little boost (V4A or Neutron).
The whole UI is way better than samsung.
I am gonna root it to recover all my apps and games from Titanium backup and use V4A.
It's way better than M9 (which was already very good), the G4 NEVER gets hot.
I will install Sense 7 (port from xpirt)
Well yes I recommend this phone

Do you think it's better than the s6?if yes,in which sides?And about the UI,you can change the theme in the s6 to change some of it,right?

#50 August 28 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I had the s6 for 2 weeks so:
Screen: both are superb for pic quality but the s6 had traces under sunlight(motherboard) and you risk screen burnin as it's amoled.
Audio: speaker of G4 is louder and clearer, earphones quality are equal.
UI: the subtil sound and animations on G4 are cooler than the iphonish s6.
Build quality: the back leather or plastic of G4 are better than the fragile glass back of s6.
Design: the leather back of g4 for me looks better than the glass, also the front of the s6 is like any other samsung like the 100$ Ace.
Camera: Both are very good but I feel the G4 snappier and the color reproduction is better. It also has a huge advantage: RAW

Board footer