LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1376 August 21 2015

Doom

Re: Feedback for Ogero

DG wrote:

@Doom, the abnormally high burst of FEC errors when interleaving was still enabled should have been a warning for you NOT to switch it off.
I could be wrong but I don't think it's the router. It's probably your line.
Try someone else's router. I think they should be an Ogero subscriber too for this to work.

But why the bursts are random?I called ogero 3 days ago for a test router.
I'm sure this is not normal for a line with the same stats:
Uptime:    0 days, 0:54:42

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    18,0 / 32,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    10,0 / 7,0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    17 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down):    3 / 19.552

HEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 1.733

Last edited by Doom (August 21 2015)

#1377 August 22 2015

DG

Anyone with Ogero lately experiencing some "request timed out" when continuously pinging a reliable address ?

Last edited by DG (August 22 2015)

#1378 August 22 2015

Doom

DG wrote:

Anyone with Ogero lately experiencing some "request timed out" when continuously pinging a reliable address ?

yes!

#1379 August 22 2015

Ramnesia

DG wrote:

Yup

#1380 August 22 2015

DG

@Doom sorry for not answering your last question. I hope you got the test router and some answers. If not, perhaps it would be wise to turn interleaving back on.

#1381 August 23 2015

Doom

DG wrote:

@Doom sorry for not answering your last question. I hope you got the test router and some answers. If not, perhaps it would be wise to turn interleaving back on.

It's fine!Didn't get the test router yet though.

#1382 August 23 2015

karimo

VFtgVYC.png

anyone with same problem? it was working fine yesterday (and probably earlier today, but didnt check it today), how do i fix it?

#1383 August 23 2015

vengeance666

karimo wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/VFtgVYC.png

anyone with same problem? it was working fine yesterday (and probably earlier today, but didnt check it today), how do i fix it?

Yea same thing here. Hoping it's a "secret surprise" and tomorrow we will all wake up with 10mbit connections

#1384 August 24 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

No it isn't  i had it 5 days ago and in 16 hours or so it came back to normal,and it's happening to me now also.

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (August 24 2015)

#1385 August 24 2015

DG

Same here. Detailed bandwidth usage is not available.

#1386 August 24 2015

Raficoo

Detailed bandwidth is back, but as expected nothing has changed.

#1387 August 25 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

as the minister said about 2 months ago ogero will announce vdsl2 soon so nothing will be changed until the end of the year in my opinion

#1388 August 26 2015

vengeance666

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

as the minister said about 2 months ago ogero will announce vdsl2 soon so nothing will be changed until the end of the year in my opinion

How about they give us our 2mbit upgrades that should have been here since July last year instead of announcing vdsl2 ?

#1389 August 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

I think you will have to wait until at least 4th month of 2016 for fttc(to cabinet) or ftth

#1390 August 26 2015

DG

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

I think you will have to wait until at least 4th month of 2016 for fttc(to cabinet) or ftth

Wasn't that supposed to be in 2020 ? Besides, what areas would be affected that soon ?

#1391 August 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

no they will begin with fttc for remote areas(areas without good dsl or dsl) and in same time ftth for Beirut and other major cities only then in 2018 or 2017 ftth(only in all Beirut and some major cities) and fttc for rest of the country

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (August 26 2015)

#1392 August 26 2015

Doom

what's the ministry waiting for deploying adsl+2?They already connected the centrals with fiber years ago...Anyways,don't expect vdsl to be available widely in 2016,from the presentation you can see that the FTTC's phase 1 project needs 24 months and phase 2 22 months.I think we will be getting adsl+2 on 2016.

#1393 August 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Minister said that ogero will announce vdsl2 services very soon so i think they're jumping straight to vdsl(if the line is good enough to afford it), and skipping adsl2+,honestly lines that are very close to co will get vdsl speeds imo so it'll be a rare commodity before installing fibre which will be installed gradually in beginning of 2016

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (August 26 2015)

#1394 August 27 2015

andrew55

TheStunMan wrote:

Guys how do you rate mine ?

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2nu4zll.jpg

How do you have 16 M?

#1395 September 2 2015

DG

Did anyone with Ogero ever face this problem. Your connection can be working nicely for months (a few CRC/HEC errors only when the electrical current goes off or back on and a few hundred FEC errors per hour) and then suddenly out of nowhere you start witnessing continuously increasing HEC/CRC and FEC errors (talking about bursts of 100 HEC/CRC errors every minute).

When this happens, the SNR doesn't seem to drop below the usual value (sometimes it's even a bit higher than the normal value). Sometimes restarting the modem causes the errors to stop. If the line was bad, wouldn't there be errors all the time ? wouldn't a restart change nothing at all ?

Can these errors be due to packet collision at the ISP level or something defective at the DSLAM level (port) and not something always related to a bad line ?

According to this link a high number of CRC errors can usually be the result of collisions or a station transmitting bad data or even a faulty port:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discuss … -fix-these

*Edit: I tried a different modem but the same thing happened so it's not the modem. Also just noticed Doom has a good line and is experiencing these problems (post at the beginning of this page). Anyone else ?

Last edited by DG (September 2 2015)

#1396 September 3 2015

Doom

DG wrote:

Did anyone with Ogero ever face this problem. Your connection can be working nicely for months (a few CRC/HEC errors only when the electrical current goes off or back on and a few hundred FEC errors per hour) and then suddenly out of nowhere you start witnessing continuously increasing HEC/CRC and FEC errors (talking about bursts of 100 HEC/CRC errors every minute).

When this happens, the SNR doesn't seem to drop below the usual value (sometimes it's even a bit higher than the normal value). Sometimes restarting the modem causes the errors to stop. If the line was bad, wouldn't there be errors all the time ? wouldn't a restart change nothing at all ?

Can these errors be due to packet collision at the ISP level or something defective at the DSLAM level (port) and not something always related to a bad line ?

According to this link a high number of CRC errors can usually be the result of collisions or a station transmitting bad data or even a faulty port:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discuss … -fix-these

*Edit: I tried a different modem but the same thing happened so it's not the modem. Also just noticed Doom has a good line and is experiencing these problems (post at the beginning of this page). Anyone else ?

Hmm,try to contact Ogero.

#1397 September 12 2015

DG

Ok, reference is made to my previous post. Today I was lucky to discover something that might be the explanation to my problem. However, I am not sure what the solution is.

I was working on my PC and my modem stats after 2 hours uptime were FEC: 447; CRC: 0; HEC; 0

Anyway today I heard the UPS beep as it normally does when the electrical power comes back on and there's a switch from generator current to EDL current.
So I refreshed my page and my FEC errors were going crazy (around 150 per minute).
I got up, went to the kitchen to drink some water and as soon as I got there, I heard the electrical inverter on the wall (the one that automatically switches from generator to EDL and vice versa) making a really loud and annoying buzzing noise.

I checked my neighbours' modem stats (I have 2 neighbours right below me. Don't ask me how I got the wi-fi pass... it's WEP so you know the rest) and both modems were also having a lot of incremental FEC errors.

Now my question. This isn't the first time this happens (it happened a few times lately since the weather got really hot 2 months ago) but this is the first time I can make the correlation between the FEC errors and the loud buzzing inverter sound.

- What can that loud buzzing noise from the inverter mean ? I was replaced by an electrician about 6 months ago.
- Why did the FEC errors start going crazy when the inverter was making a noise.
- Why are the neighbours having the same problem at the exact same time I am facing it (problem at the building electrical setting level or even at the street level) ?

Last edited by DG (September 12 2015)

#1398 September 12 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

maybe the electricity isn't stable ... just guessing, also did you try turning the modem on and off after 2-5 minutes from switching electricity

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (September 12 2015)

#1399 September 12 2015

DG

Ahmad,

Apparently the generator owner is keeping it running even after the electricity is back (apparently he doesn't want to keep turning it on and off every 15 mins)
My inverter is set to give priority to the generator. So if both are on (as is the case) it will stay on the generator.

A few hours before I had this FEC problem, the generator stopped randomly 4 times and the owner said it was overheating.
Also, my neighbour (he is subscribed to the same generator) knocked on my door and said he had a very faint/low voltage and nothing was working at his house.

I don't know if I am just imagining things but there has to be some electrical interference that's causing my FEC errors (and the neighbours' as well) to randomly start increasing fast (and sometimes but rarely this happens with CRC and HEC as well).

I haven't tried to switch off the modem for a few minutes when this happens. I'll try it next time.

#1400 September 15 2015

DG

Getting "Request timed out" to pings anyone ?

Board footer