LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 8 2015

Fadl

Modded graphics drivers problem

Hey guys i have  hp laptop with switchable graphics card. intel HD + Amd Radeon.Hp doesn't support my card anymore so i have only modded drivers to do the job to keep up with update for new games etc..
I used to uninstall old drivers using DDU ( driver display uninstaller ) It worked well in the past .But it's not working now , every time i uninstall  driver ( intel or amd ) the computer installs old ones directly.I tried to disable automatic driver installation from settings but it didn't work , also there is a way to use gpedit.msc to disable the drivers but unfortunately my win7 is home basic and it doesn't come with gpedit.msc ( though there is a workaround to download it , tried everything to make it work but couldn't because of "mmc could not create the snap in error" ) . Also tried to end task driver installation but couldn't .The computer always faster installing factory gpu drivers lol .

Did it happen to anyone or anyone know a fix ? Is there a way to remove these old drivers from computer permanently .The annoying this is that i used to install modded drivers before without any problem but i cant now :( Sorry for the long post !

#2 August 9 2015

Brownies

Re: Modded graphics drivers problem

Try this:

Open CMD (as administrator) and type the following:

SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1

Press start and open "Device Manager". After doing so, just press "View" and press "Show hidden devices" (or "H" on the keyboard).
Then expand your driver group, right click the group and press "Uninstall".

Let me know if that works for you!

Last edited by Brownies (August 9 2015)

#3 August 9 2015

Fadl

Brownies wrote:

Try this:

Open CMD (as administrator) and type the following:

SET DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES=1

Press start and open "Device Manager". After doing so, just press "View" and press "Show hidden devices" (or "H" on the keyboard).
Then expand your driver group, right click the group and press "Uninstall".

Let me know if that works for you!

I didn't understand what's this supposed to do ? You mean right click on display driver  i want to uninstall< uninstall amd  driver . And it won't automatically install same driver after reboot ?
I usually uninstall amd driver through DDU to leave no traces of the driver.
thank you

Last edited by Fadl (August 9 2015)

#4 August 10 2015

Brownies

Fadl wrote:

I didn't understand what's this supposed to do ? You mean right click on display driver  i want to uninstall< uninstall amd  driver . And it won't automatically install same driver after reboot ?
I usually uninstall amd driver through DDU to leave no traces of the driver.
thank you

Yes right click the display driver and press "Uninstall". I've done it before and the driver doesn't seen to re-install itself after rebooting. So I'm not sure why you'd ask that... ? That should do the job permanently.
Isn't that what you want? To completely remove the driver?

Board footer