LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1301 July 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Re: Feedback for Ogero

That's because it's in the decree that the prices went down and speed got up,they said in the decree that the free unlimited night isn't gonna be operational,it's not from ogero it's from the ministry.

#1302 July 26 2015

Tech Guru

@Ahmad Toutounji how much are you getting  on Peak Times as Download/Upload Speeds on Your 2Mbps Plan from Ogero + what is your Ping Time

#1303 July 26 2015

hkbazzi

guys im with the 2mbps unlimited plan from ogero, my max download speed is 210 kbps, im suppose to be at 240 kbps at least. any suggestions?

#1304 July 26 2015

DG

@hkbazzi, your download speed is just about right when taking into consideration Ogero's rule that reduces the speed on all accounts by around 19%. It has always been like this, at least as far as I know/remember.

Following this principle you get these results (kbps = kilo bits per second and KBps = kilo bytes per second. Each byte = 8 bits):

Account speed                   Effective Speed
256kbps (0.25mbps)          approx. 207kbps    or 25.9KBps
512kbps (0.5mbps)            approx. 415kbps    or 51.9KBps
1024kpbs (1mbps)             approx. 830kbps    or 104KBps
2048kbps (2mbps)             approx. 1660kbps  or 207.5KBps

etc...

Last edited by DG (July 26 2015)

#1305 July 26 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

i am getting 239kb/s at best then it is 230kb/s in other times no noticeable difference at all and ping is stable all the time (31 ms to Beirut connect server,and 102 ms to orange paris server and averaging 100 ms to nearly all Europe , ping to bbc.co.uk is somewhere between 97 and 102ms) hope I helped you.

#1306 July 27 2015

andrew55

I don't think that is an intentional reduction in speed. I believe there is a nominal 10-20 % speed loss over the copper wires. It's like horsepower generated by an engine that has a percentage lost when delivered to the wheels of a car. Please correct me if i am wrong.

#1307 July 27 2015

Kazouza

andrew55 wrote:

I don't think that is an intentional reduction in speed. I believe there is a nominal 10-20 % speed loss over the copper wires. It's like horsepower generated by an engine that has a percentage lost when delivered to the wheels of a car. Please correct me if i am wrong.

I believe you're right

#1308 July 28 2015

DNA

Kazouza wrote:
andrew55 wrote:

I believe you're right

you are right it is not intentional, but it's not because of loss in copper wires but rather simply packet overhead and the way TCP/IP works. in dsl you have 3 types of encapsulation running simultaneously,Ethernet which includes Tcp/ip, PPPoe and ATM link each adds its own overhead tcp/ip 40bytes,PPPoe 8bytes and ATM 5 bytes the latter is worse because its frames are small 53byte in total and some can't be filled so you end up with around 15% overhead/loss.

#1309 July 28 2015

andrew55

Thanks for the info. That makes more sense.

#1310 July 28 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Doom, looks like our little request,very little one, is not gonna be until a month with this kind of customer 'support',i mean come on at least three posted that they got their interleaving off in just a day,i've been waiting for 3 weeks now,that's not fair,that's discrimination,i live in a good internet city(ras beirut) with a very good line....

#1311 July 28 2015

Doom

Ahmad Toutounji wrote:

Doom, looks like our little request,very little one, is not gonna be until a month with this kind of customer 'support',i mean come on at least three posted that they got their interleaving off in just a day,i've been waiting for 3 weeks now,that's not fair,that's discrimination,i live in a good internet city(ras beirut) with a very good line....

I know right!!I bet Ogero only got one customer service employee(Nader rifai).

#1312 July 28 2015

nas93

Can I turn interleaving off if I'm in Dekwaneh?

#1313 July 28 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

of course request it but be sure that you have a good stable line

#1314 July 28 2015

AVOlio

nas93 wrote:

I am from dekwaneh also, and i have mine turned off already, with 60-70ms pings to european servers.
Where are you from in dekwaneh?  Pm me if you dont want to post it in public. :)

#1315 July 28 2015

Raficoo

Hope my 1.7mbit/s Ogero line is doing well while I'm away, Europe is pretty damn fine this time of year
4527152640.png

#1316 July 28 2015

nas93

AVOlio wrote:
nas93 wrote:

I am from dekwaneh also, and i have mine turned off already, with 60-70ms pings to european servers.
Where are you from in dekwaneh?  Pm me if you dont want to post it in public. :)

Thanks, gonna drop you a pm.

#1317 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

I sent nrifai an email today and he replied(received 9:30am):Dear Mr. Toutounji,
I would like to inform you that maximum between today or tomorrow, the problem will be solved, and I will give you my feedback as soon as possible.
Regards,
Nader Refai

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 8:53 AM
To: Nader Rifai
Subject: RE: Turn Interleaving Off

Sorry for the numbers of emails so far, i know it's not your fault,but why it took 1 day for most people i know for them to turn the intearleaving off and it's been 3 weeks for me and it's still on,thanks for the reply and sorry for any inconvenience just demanding my rights.

Last edited by Ahmad Toutounji (July 29 2015)

#1318 July 29 2015

hkbazzi

i think the Mr. Nader hates my guts after i told everyone about turning interleaving off

#1319 July 29 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

Well i waited a week for the ogero support to reply but they didn't that's why l sended him an email

#1320 July 29 2015

Tech Guru

Been using Ogero DSL services for 1 year -  Plan: 6 to 8 Mbps Download 2 Mbps Upload / 60 GB Capacity Cap - Getting a download speed 690-720Kb/s. Plus I put a small 25cm Fan directed directly above the Ogero DSL Router - spend a lot of time to get a small AC Fan yet convent to be place on a desk , but it worth especially Ogero Routers 24/24 on will get very hot which may jeopardize the connection with repetitive on/off    scenarios.

#1321 July 30 2015

Doom

Thnanks.Just restarted my router,my line attenuation increased by +20db(down and up each),ping increased by 10ms in general,download and upload speeds decreased by half,4mins uptime and there's already 7k FECs!I'm only 1.5km from the central, is that normal?Did interleaving caused that or is it my line?Shouldn't the FECs convert to HECs/CECs?There's digging in the street by the way.

Please reply soon,
Thanks.

--- Original Message ---

Sent: July 30, 2015 9:23 AM
To: "Ali Kawtharani" <ali.kawtharany@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE:

Dear Mr. Kawtharani,
It's done, you can try it.
Regards,
Nader Refai
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2015 2:59 PM
To: Nader Rifai
Subject:

It's been quite a while from since I requested to turn off interleaving, any updates?(L311051)

Thanks.

New stats:

Link Information

Uptime:    0 days, 0:32:52

DSL Type:    G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    242 / 1.003

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:    0,00 / 0,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    11,5 / 17,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    31,5 / 56,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    14,0 / 10,0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / BDCM

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    1 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):    0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    1 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 105.655

CRC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 36

HEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 28

Soo that's weird.Any updates Ahmad?And guys are blue pipes related to fiber optics or are they normal water pipes?There's digging in my street.

Last edited by Doom (July 30 2015)

#1322 July 30 2015

DNA

if your line was switched to fast path(interleaving off) then you shouldn't see FECs anymore they will stay at 0
this jump in attenuation is certainly abnormal and is due to some fault in the wiring (higher resistance)

#1323 July 30 2015

Doom

Woo!everything back to normal+ping decreased by 35-40ms!!

uptime:    0 days, 0:44:47

DSL Type:    G.992.1 annex A

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]:    484 / 2.042

Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]:    0,00 / 0,00

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]:    11,5 / 17,5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]:    18,0 / 32,0

SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]:    27,0 / 20,0

Vendor ID (Local/Remote):    TMMB / BDCM

Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):    22 / 0

Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):    3 / 0

Loss of Power (Local/Remote):    0 / 0

Loss of Link (Remote):    0

Error Seconds (Local/Remote):    3 / 0

FEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 0

CRC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 11

HEC Errors (Up/Down):    0 / 7

#1324 July 30 2015

Ahmad Toutounji

doom what is your ping to moscanet wise server(Beirut)?Mine is 7ms :) and orange paris is 73ms(100-103ms before) and bbc.co.uk is 66ms!(96-102ms before) and only my snr margin went down from 35db to 31.6 db which is good(not too much difference right?)

#1325 July 30 2015

Doom

Can't test ping now(siblings using the internet)but to Beirut my ping is about 12ms and my snr margin went up :3 Anything above 30db is excellent.

Last edited by Doom (July 30 2015)

Board footer