LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 18 2006

mahdoum

PS3 Out

If you haven't been keeping yourself updated about the PS3 it came out last night in America and almost all consoles have been sold (including preorder offcourse). Lots of problems occured in different places in the US where fights broke out between people waiting in line almost 2 weeks before the release of the PS3.

As you know the high end console is $600 so that should be about $1000 here in Lebanon, yippe  lol wtf are we buying here again?

#2 November 18 2006

battikh

Re: PS3 Out

600$ is for the premium edition, the standard one is "only" 500$
anyways, who cares about the ps3? it's just a PC in a a nice box which you will never use all its performances, unless if you have a HDTV in your house and that the game developers are getting advantage of all the PS3 power (which is far from being the case).
If you want a gaming console, just go for the wii. I'm really considering getting one, Nintendo did a great job, they inovated, just as they always did. XBox and PS are creating nothing new, they are just adding and adding performance, and for a gaming console, which the main purpouse is to play and have fun, it is not the most important thing to do.
I vote Nintendo and vote for inovation and gameplay against useless high performances and graphics.

#3 November 18 2006

mahdoum

I vote AiZone  sorry had to say it, yes the Wii is fine but not a next gen console its a console for the time being while the prices of the next gen consoles (xbox ps3) drop, and yes have to get a HiDef TV and new surrond sound  lol start saving

#4 November 18 2006

battikh

depends on what is a next generation console, why should it be huge power and not some new stuff, why not virtual reality? the wii is just a great console, not untill teh prices fall down, but untill we will actually be able to use this power, for now, we just don't need it and wont use it. a PS3 right now is just a big expensive wii without the fun of the wii.
and for tehsavings....well, when i'll have enough money, i'll directly buy the PS6

#5 November 19 2006

mezin

aY*e bel PS3... i'd prefer to buy a 600 dollar video card

Last edited by unforgiven (November 19 2006)

#6 December 10 2006

karim

600$ might buy you the best gpu around, but it won't get you a monitor as big as your TV (57" or so ;) ) and surround sound. and it won't get you games written specifically for the platform you are running them on.
Trust me, i used to be a PC gaming freak, until i got a PS2 (that was about 3-4 years ago). My ex-gaming PC has been running linux since then and used for the sole purpose of file/print server.. (oh and i also use it for large downloads  )

#7 December 25 2006

Halo

I got an X-Box 360, I would've got the PS3 but it's too late now, I bought my X-Box while I was gone for a pretty good price ( $400 ).

I can't get the PS now though lol, I'm stuck with the X-Box :)

Although, I like it, it's got those small features that really make you like it.

Board footer