LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 13 2015

DG

IDM scheduling feature

Guys how come Internet Download Manager's schedule feature is not working for me ?

I want something that allows me to specify which time exactly the download starts and stops.

If I can also switch the computer to "sleep" once downloads are done it would be great.

#2 July 13 2015

Anthony2000

Re: IDM scheduling feature

just tackled this problem a week ago but with my steam downloads, and there is no feature like that on steam, so i went and used a third party software called Final Countdown v1.0.4.0, basically its a very simple timer that allows you to set a specific amount of hours and it shuts down or makes your PC sleep after the countdown is done. just make sure you turn off economy mode once you download it and run it:
http://imgur.com/hiC7mH1,qROs7xu
make sure to check the second image

Last edited by Anthony2000 (July 13 2015)

#3 July 13 2015

DG

Yeah this software also does this http://www.guidingtech.com/653/winmend- … n-log-off/
So you are suggesting I just manually start the downloads with a FTP or Download Manager and make the software turn off my PC after a certain number of hours ?
That would not help because of two things.
1) I might be away or asleep at the time I want my downloads to start.
3) The downloaded files might get corrupted if the PC shuts down / switches to sleep while the download is in progress. I know the software rolls back a certain amount of bytes once you resume the download to prevent that... but still.

Last edited by DG (July 13 2015)

#4 July 13 2015

Anthony2000

well you have a point with the first reason , but you shouldn't have to worry about the second because the software shuts down your PC as if you shut it down yourself, so all open processes (applications) will be closed properly, and no corruption whatsoever should happen. let's say you are downloading a file on idm , and the you open the system tray and exited idm, your download isn't going to be corrupted

#5 July 13 2015

DG

Alright, I'll give this method a try. But I am still puzzled as to why the built-in scheduler in IDM does not work as advertised.

#6 July 13 2015

Anthony2000

Mmm, what's the problem exactly? i use idm myself and i just checked out this scheduler feature for the first time. seems pretty straight forward.

#7 July 13 2015

DG

I tried adding a download to Main and/or Synchronized queue.
I set the download to start at a certain time and stop later. It didn't do any of those things.

Last edited by DG (July 13 2015)

Board footer