LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#651 May 4 2015

Dex

Re: Feedback for IDM

thephoenician wrote:

I subscribed to IDM 3 months ago but they sent me my L number and password 2 days ago... So I tried connecting the modem with all the possible ways (with and without a splitter, tried 2 different modems..) but it never synchronized so Icalled IDM support they told me that the problem might be on Ogero's end...
Anyone faced that before?

Are you sure your'e typing the username in the right pattern (L550203@idm.net.lb) ?

Last edited by Dex (May 4 2015)

#652 May 4 2015

thephoenician

Dex wrote:
thephoenician wrote:

I subscribed to IDM 3 months ago but they sent me my L number and password 2 days ago... So I tried connecting the modem with all the possible ways (with and without a splitter, tried 2 different modems..) but it never synchronized so Icalled IDM support they told me that the problem might be on Ogero's end...
Anyone faced that before?

Are you sure your'e typing the username in the right pattern (L550203@idm.net.lb) ?

Yes copy/paste

#653 May 4 2015

DNA

@thephoenician yes your problem is definitely on Ogero's side they still didn't connect you to Dsl but if you are with IDM then that's their problem and responsibility i am sure Ogero forgot about you someone must give them a call from IDM lol.
you are right the DSL should sync regardless if you even configure a connection. no sync is definitely either a bad modem, weak line,CO issue

#654 May 11 2015

Dex

Finally after 7 months of torture ... my internet speed is now 2 Mbps :)

#655 May 11 2015

Kazouza

Dex wrote:

Did you ask for it or did you get it automatically?

#656 May 18 2015

Dex

Kazouza wrote:
Dex wrote:

Actually I tried calling the support but they weren't answering !!
so i sent them an email complaining about my internet speed and their shitty support ... and all of a sudden after a week or so , I got my 2 Mbps speed :)

I don't know if it's a coincidence or not.

#657 May 18 2015

nosense

Dex wrote:
Kazouza wrote:
Dex wrote:

so i sent them an email complaining about my internet speed and their shitty support ... and all of a sudden after a week or so , I got my 2 Mbps speed :)

coincidence, my friend is with idm and got the upgrade, most people did

#658 May 18 2015

kfc

Dex wrote:
Kazouza wrote:
Dex wrote:

which centrale?

#659 May 18 2015

kfc

aliessayli2 wrote:
Dex wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

which centrales were upgraded? i got nothing although my line can handle 2 mbps

#660 May 18 2015

nosense

kfc wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
Dex wrote:

Chayah

#661 May 18 2015

NAM

aliessayli2 wrote:
kfc wrote:

Chayah

Although i live near you "moawad" i have the 4mb plan and it is giving great speeds (up to 420kbps download speed) how can i know which central i am connected to ? if i am connected to chiah central then the problem was IDM if i am connected to another central then ogero is to blame.

#662 May 19 2015

nosense

NAM wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
kfc wrote:

Chayah

Although i live near you "moawad" i have the 4mb plan and it is giving great speeds (up to 420kbps download speed) how can i know which central i am connected to ? if i am connected to chiah central then the problem was IDM if i am connected to another central then ogero is to blame.

Chayah central doesn't only cover the chayah area it covers most of dahye area.
anw go here to cyberia's page,  or the top right you can enter your number and it tells you to which central are you connected

http://www.thisiscyberia.com/services/c … asp?menu=2

#663 May 20 2015

NAM

aliessayli2 wrote:
NAM wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

Chayah

anw go here to cyberia's page,  or the top right you can enter your number and it tells you to which central are you connected

I am with chiah central .. and i had the 4mb plan for 10 months now .. i guess it is at least a bit of IDM's fault that your line was upgraded now

#664 May 20 2015

nosense

NAM wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:
NAM wrote:

I am with chiah central .. and i had the 4mb plan for 10 months now .. i guess it is at least a bit of IDM's fault that your line was upgraded now

yeah it isn't my line it's a friend of mine with idm, im on 2mb with cyberia since more than a year

#665 May 22 2015

raichu

How much time does IDM take between giving you the router and turning your DSL on?
They called today and will give me my router on monday.
It's been around a month since I sent them my papers.

Last edited by raichu (May 22 2015)

#666 May 23 2015

NAM

after the router was delivered to me it took them about a month to give me my username and pass .. and i configured my router

#667 May 25 2015

Super Official

Hello, I contacted IDM about 2 months ago and complained about bad gaming performance. They then put me in the gaming pool or real IP as they call it. I was impressed about the results. Ping went down significantly and all the jitter got removed. Also they gave me a new dynamic IP address which starts with 37.209.255.XXX . I also got the feature to port forward, which I wasn't able to before. All that free. I want to know if it made any difference for you.

NB: This only works if you are subscribed to a limited plan. Unlimited plans do not benefit of it.

#668 May 25 2015

NAM

Super Official wrote:

Hello, I contacted IDM about 2 months ago and complained about bad gaming performance. They then put me in the gaming pool or real IP as they call it. I was impressed about the results. Ping went down significantly and all the jitter got removed. Also they gave me a new dynamic IP address which starts with 37.209.255.XXX . I also got the feature to port forward, which I wasn't able to before. All that free. I want to know if it made any difference for you.
NB: This only works if you are subscribed to a limited plan. Unlimited plans do not benefit of it.

I didn't know that this was a thing .. i need to start complaining .. can you please add your previous ping to games and your current one

#669 May 25 2015

Super Official

NAM wrote:
Super Official wrote:

I didn't know that this was a thing .. i need to start complaining .. can you please add your previous ping to games and your current one

Ok, pings:
Battlefield 4: before: ~300ms after: ~90ms (same server)
Minecraft: before: ~200ms after: ~60ms (same server)
Counter strike source: before ~150ms after: ~80ms (same servet

Jitter:
Before: 40ms
After: 1ms

#670 May 26 2015

NAM

Super Official wrote:

Ok, pings:
Battlefield 4: before: ~300ms after: ~90ms (same server)
Minecraft: before: ~200ms after: ~60ms (same server)
Counter strike source: before ~150ms after: ~80ms (same servet
Jitter:
Before: 40ms
After: 1ms

Bro this is a whole new connection .. this is like switching from a picanto to a ferrari :)

#671 May 27 2015

Abou7meed

I am linked to Ber-Hasan central, I want to register to a new phone line since our box in the apartment is still new,
Same original sample question ... which is better Ogero IDM ,,....etc
My main care is online gaming, then unlimited night traffic (new game, demo, beta, movies maybe, ...etc)

I noticed that all Ogero packages don't have more than 512 in upload (even in 6 Mbps download speed package)
and in IDM there is 4MB/1MB ... so mentally this package is better, (due to higher upload speed)

+as I heard that there is a service 3$/month...that enables your unlimited night traffic !
But Ogero completely cancelled its unlimited night traffic,

01. Does 4MB/1MB in IDM really exist? or it is 4MB/512 Kb ... marketing propaganda ?!
02. So IDM is better these days ?

Any thoughts or suggestions are really appreciated,

Thank you so much,

#672 May 27 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:

I am linked to Ber-Hasan central, I want to register to a new phone line since our box in the apartment is still new,
Same original sample question ... which is better Ogero IDM ,,....etc
My main care is online gaming, then unlimited night traffic (new game, demo, beta, movies maybe, ...etc)

I noticed that all Ogero packages don't have more than 512 in upload (even in 6 Mbps download speed package)
and in IDM there is 4MB/1MB ... so mentally this package is better, (due to higher upload speed)

+as I heard that there is a service 3$/month...that enables your unlimited night traffic !
But Ogero completely cancelled its unlimited night traffic,

01. Does 4MB/1MB in IDM really exist? or it is 4MB/512 Kb ... marketing propaganda ?!
02. So IDM is better these days ?

Any thoughts or suggestions are really appreciated,

Thank you so much,

Actually it exists and is pretty close. Depends on the central.
And for gaming, IDM has a gaming pool. It really makes a difference, you can check my previous post to see the results.

#673 May 27 2015

Abou7meed

What is your plan package ?!

#674 May 27 2015

Super Official

Abou7meed wrote:

Mine is 2mbps down 512kbps up with 50gb quota. I paid the 3$ for unlimited night and an in the gaming pool. Speeds are on point (1.98mbps down/500kbps up). My friend has the 4 Mbps plan and gets the speeds on point too. He lives in Beirut btw and i am in zouk(my line doesn't support 4mbps)

#675 May 29 2015

ali.ba

Super Official wrote:
Abou7meed wrote:

Mine is 2mbps down 512kbps up with 50gb quota. I paid the 3$ for unlimited night and an in the gaming pool. Speeds are on point (1.98mbps down/500kbps up). My friend has the 4 Mbps plan and gets the speeds on point too. He lives in Beirut btw and i am in zouk(my line doesn't support 4mbps)

What's a gaming pool?

Board footer