LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 April 16 2015

Johnaudi

Best Gaming Laptop in Lebanon?

Hello,

What is the best gaming laptop that we can find in Lebanon?
Price Limit: 2000-2500$
Specs: Anything that can run GTA V on Medium-High. (I don't own GTA (only on PS4) and I'm not planning on getting it, but I've heard it's pretty GPU intensive)

I was thinking of the Lenovo Y50 because it's budget friendly. Any ideas?

The reason I am avoiding PC at the moment is because I need it for LAN parties, going to my friend's house... Plus I do not like to stay in the corner the whole time.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Johnaudi (April 16 2015)

#2 April 16 2015

Johnaudi

Re: Best Gaming Laptop in Lebanon?

What do you think about the HP Omen 15 (15", 16GB RAM, GTX860M 4GB, 256 M.2 SSD - 2100$)? Or the Y70 (17" Touch, 16GB RAM, GTX860M 4GB, 1TB + 8SSHD - 2200$)?

Design-wise, the Omen looks amazing, the keyboard is not my favorite layout though. (Especially they've remove the NUM keys)
The Y50/70 looks bulkier, but it's still pretty amazing compared to the current heat-bulldozer that I own.

Any other ideas? I'm looking for one as soon as possible.

Last edited by Johnaudi (April 16 2015)

#3 April 17 2015

MrClass

Do not get anything outside this list:

https://www.ple.com.au/FeatureCategory. … goryId=421

#4 April 17 2015

Johnaudi

MrClass wrote:

Do not get anything outside this list:

https://www.ple.com.au/FeatureCategory. … goryId=421

I cannot find any of those in here.

#5 April 17 2015

MrClass

How urgent do you need this laptop? I am currently in Dubai; might come back to Lebanon in July/August for a few days

#6 April 17 2015

Johnaudi

MrClass wrote:

How urgent do you need this laptop? I am currently in Dubai; might come back to Lebanon in July/August for a few days

By the couple next days sadly.

#7 April 17 2015

Die_Kapitan

Actually, you only need an HD 7870 to run GTA V at 1080P 60FPS, I wouldn't get the Y50, it's not that well built, screen is a little low-end and speakers are not that good. Get an Acer Aspire, basically anything with a 860M and up. I recommend you order from Newegg, you can get a laptop with 970M or maybe even a 980M for the price of the Omen.

#8 April 17 2015

MrClass

Razer and Alienware laptops are pathetic. Dont waste your money on HP and Lenovo laptops; they use cheap components and many things fail soon or perform badly. Asus and MSI are the only gaming laptops that are worth it. I have seen an MSI gaming laptop in action; that thing breaths quality.

For the budget you've set, you can easily get a nice MSI laptop with a GTX 970M GPU that will eat GTA V or any new releases.

Seriously if you're willing to wait, I'll bring one for you just for the sake of helping the community.

It is not fair to have a limited PC market in Lebanon; other countries have bigger market and the options you can find are limitless

#9 April 17 2015

Johnaudi

I appreciate the help guys but I'm looking for the laptops specifically in Lebanon, I'm having a bad time with customs plus kind-of in a hurry.

Last edited by Johnaudi (April 17 2015)

#10 April 17 2015

NAM

hit city center, abed tahhan, and many of these famous shops .. they are bound to have something of high value "not referbished" but it will come with a high price tag

#11 April 17 2015

haidcar

We have a member here  https://lebgeeks.com/forums/profile.php?id=3677 that you might to PM

Thats on of the items he has posted on his fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/UnderscoreIT/p … =3&theater

#12 April 18 2015

Johnaudi

According to research, I will be getting the GIGABYTE P35Xv3 CF8.
Any thoughts?

#13 April 18 2015

geekevo

You can also check ROG, he should have decent Asus laptops.

#14 April 19 2015

Johnaudi

geekevo wrote:

You can also check ROG, he should have decent Asus laptops.

I did, he wanted 3350$ for his JY laptop, whereas other places jn area wanted 2900$ +-, ROG seems to be a fake supplier?

#15 April 19 2015

haidcar

did you try AvoK95?

#16 April 19 2015

Johnaudi

haidcar wrote:

did you try AvoK95?

I did PM him, still awaiting his reply. The guy used to be very helpful to the community here as I remember.

Board footer