LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

LED TVs clouding, is that a problem?

Hi!
I brought back my Samsung LED from CTC because of burned lower panel, they changed the whole panel though I noticed a clouding on the left of the screen near the border, is it a faulty panel or it's normal to have clouder panels than others depending on luck?
It's only visible on white and extremely light colors, like a very slight grey cloud like the 4 borders which are slightly darker than the rest of the screen.
It's not visible or bothering when watching TV or gaming though.
Could it be a bad install by CTC technicians?
My warranty will finish in end June so if it's a problem to be fixed just tell me

#2 March 30 2015

NAM

Re: LED TVs clouding, is that a problem?

Best thing to contact them .. i read your post and i know that City center policies are strict "customer comes first" .. call them or preferably return it with a smile asking to fix it .. they will help you with it

#3 March 30 2015

vegetaleb
Banned

I bought it from Abed Tahan :)
The slight clouding is seen from a low angle, if you face the TV it will vanish, apart web browsing on the TV wish I do once per month this thingy is not visible at all in other colors meaning movies and games.
If it get worse right before my warranty finish then of course I will take it back, the thing is that we tried the TV in their workshop and it was perfect there.
Here a photo of the screen with good white background

IMAG15781_zpsjxnuo9f8.jpg

And now the same photo but in negative (inverted white and black)

cloud_zps9prgxqri.jpg

Last edited by vegetaleb (March 30 2015)

#4 March 31 2015

BashLogic

Labor fault. Demand replacement

Board footer