LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 13 2015

LifeEngineer

Oneplus one Oxygen OS team

Hey!

I was reading this (https://oneplus.net/blog/2015/02/introd … eplus-rom/) since I own a oneplus one. To my sruprising I found that in OPO's android development team is someone called Karim from Lebanon:
{Karim (Lebanon): Karim is an entrepreneur and former software development intern at Google. He is the resident app developer on the OxygenOS team.}

For some reason I'm supposing he's a member in this forum?! Does anyone know him?!

Asking just out of curiosity because it's nice to find a fellow lebanese in the list there!

Last edited by LifeEngineer (February 13 2015)

#2 February 13 2015

Ra8

Re: Oneplus one Oxygen OS team

Yes. He graduated last year from AUB with an ECE degree. I don't know if he's in this forum.

#3 February 14 2015

A.L

I didn't want to open a new topic for this but I received an invite for the Oneplus one and I have bought it already. so anyone is interested in buying it and wants an invite ( i know people sell those and i'm against that so if you're asking it's free)?
PS the invite expires between today and tomorrow and you have 24 hours to buy it once you've claimed the invite.

#4 February 14 2015

Cpt.Majed

A.L is it available from lebanon or should we order it from abroad ? and how much does it cost ?

#5 February 14 2015

A.L

It's not available in Lebanon, you have to order it via paypal, and ship it to someone in the following countries:
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, United Kingdom, and United States.
this is an invite for the 64 gb version so it would cost around 349 $ with about 16 $ shipment to these countries.
(if you're wondering how i managed to order mine I have a cousin who lives in france and have a paypal account so i transferred money to him and he bought it for me, and when he comes to lebanon he'll bring it with him, so in total with the money transfer it cost me around 400 $ still a very good price for such specs)

#6 March 2 2015

samer
Admin

Does anyone know him?!
Asking just out of curiosity because it's nice to find a fellow lebanese in the list there!

Yes, I've met him at AUB a few years ago. Here's his twitter account.

#7 March 23 2015

paladin77

Hi Name is Kareem Frenn (I was supposed to interview him for T3 Middle East before I quit). Irony of fate, he quit OnePlus at the same time. We might be working on a project together soon, though!

#8 March 24 2015

kfrenn

LifeEngineer wrote:

Hey!

I was reading this (https://oneplus.net/blog/2015/02/introducing-the-oxygenos-team-a-first-look-at-the-oneplus-rom/ since I own a oneplus one. To my sruprising I found that in OPO's android development team is someone called Karim from Lebanon:
{Karim (Lebanon): Karim is an entrepreneur and former software development intern at Google. He is the resident app developer on the OxygenOS team.}

For some reason I'm supposing he's a member in this forum?! Does anyone know him?!

Hey guys, I'm Karim.

As paladin77 said, I left OnePlus last week. Let me know if there's something you want to know :-)

#9 March 25 2015

LifeEngineer

kfrenn wrote:

Hey guys, I'm Karim.

As paladin77 said, I left OnePlus last week. Let me know if there's something you want to know :-)

Hey man nice knowing you and seeing you're one of our friends in here!

So what was your exact work at oneplus? And what is exactly oxygen rom! Is it really a paranoid android work? Why all the delays in the update (both cm12s and oxygen) in case you know about it!? Most importantly why did you leave oneplus? And what's your next endeavor is about if i may ask?

#10 March 28 2015

kfrenn

LifeEngineer wrote:
kfrenn wrote:

Hey guys, I'm Karim.

Hey man nice knowing you and seeing you're one of our friends in here!

So what was your exact work at oneplus? And what is exactly oxygen rom! Is it really a paranoid android work? Why all the delays in the update (both cm12s and oxygen) in case you know about it!? Most importantly why did you leave oneplus? And what's your next endeavor is about if i may ask?

Hey! A lot of interesting questions but some that I don't feel comfortable answering publicly

What I exactly did at OnePlus is work on OxygenOS, basically adding new ROM features. (I can't say more)

OxygenOS has nothing to do with Paranoid Android as a ROM, except that OnePlus hired part of the PA team to work on the ROM, but feature-wise, I can't think of any feature that is shared by both PA and OxygenOS.

Why all the delays? I can send you a huge private message with dozens of reasons why and also what's next for me. This is also related to why I left OnePlus. It is basically a very unprofessional company where managers are all <30yo and think they know everything (age is not the problem, thinking that they know everything is the problem), and also literally don't give a fuck about employees. The announcements made publicly about release dates are made without consulting with the OxygenOS team, crazy eh? In more diplomatic words, I didn't feel appreciated enough there to stay there ;-)

That being said, even though I stayed 2 months there only, I learned a LOT, and I am very happy that I got the opportunity to try all of that, because of everything I learned.

Last edited by kfrenn (March 28 2015)

#11 March 29 2015

LifeEngineer

Woww and a lot of interesting answers too :)

I would be glad if you can give me more feedback in private message if you can.

I always knew they weren't professional but what you're saying is really crazy and dangerous! These guys might be dictating their end at their very beginning!

Based on your feedback I can feel the OPO will be my first and last phone from this company!

#12 March 30 2015

kfrenn

LifeEngineer wrote:

Woww and a lot of interesting answers too :)

I would be glad if you can give me more feedback in private message if you can.

I always knew they weren't professional but what you're saying is really crazy and dangerous! These guys might be dictating their end at their very beginning!

Based on your feedback I can feel the OPO will be my first and last phone from this company!

Send me a DM on Twitter. I'd be glad to tell you more!

And I know for a fact, that the OPO will be my last phone from OnePlus too, especially given how many other choices we have.

#13 March 31 2015

LifeEngineer

Well I tried man but you're not following me so I can't send you a DM! :)

Board footer