LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1001 March 26 2015

Kazouza

Re: Feedback for Ogero

Did anyone get the speed upgrade from 1mb to 2mb yet?

#1002 March 26 2015

Salah

Is it happening again? Same as yesterday?

#1003 March 26 2015

Raficoo

Salah wrote:

Is it happening again? Same as yesterday?

Haha yep, was just about to post that... here we go again! =Þ

Last edited by Raficoo (March 26 2015)

#1004 March 26 2015

Salah

This is becoming decently sad! =P

FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by Salah (March 26 2015)

#1005 March 26 2015

Raficoo

Salah wrote:

This is becoming decently sad! =P

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4243453706.png

Hmm I wonder if this problem is nation wide or just in a particular region? where you live? I'm from Saida.

#1006 March 26 2015

Salah

Same here, Saida. I'm not sure about nation, but pretty much all of my friends in the area are having the same issue.

Last edited by Salah (March 26 2015)

#1007 March 26 2015

Raficoo

Appears to be fixed again

#1008 March 26 2015

Salah

yes indeed

#1009 March 26 2015

vengeance666

Kazouza wrote:

Not yet, hoping I get that upgrade before my grandchildren are born.. I just don't want to die before I see it.

#1010 March 26 2015

Kazouza

vengeance666 wrote:
Kazouza wrote:

Not yet, hoping I get that upgrade before my grandchildren are born.. I just don't want to die before I see it.

I feel you. Last time I checked with ogero was around september I think, and it was supposed to be done by october.. lol

#1011 March 26 2015

karimo

i got the 2 mb this month, just talk to them at the central

#1012 March 27 2015

Kazouza

karimo wrote:

i got the 2 mb this month, just talk to them at the central

What central are you connected to?

#1013 March 27 2015

djunited

happens to me too in achrafieh.

#1014 March 27 2015

user

Do you have to have the line registered to your name to talk to them? My dad owns the house and he's very stubborn, if he does go I'm going to just ask for a 4 mb upgrade, and be a little future proof.

#1015 March 28 2015

eido

ive searched everywhere. whats the upload speed of 8MB ogero connection? I called ogero and they said that it is 512Kb . is that correct?

#1016 March 29 2015

NAM

the maximum upload I've seen in lebanon is 1mb .. i don't think the differnece of 512/1mb matters anymore

#1017 March 29 2015

random-username

NAM wrote:

the maximum upload I've seen in lebanon is 1mb .. i don't think the differnece of 512/1mb matters anymore

I'm subscribed to terranet's 8 Mbps plan and I receive 2 Mbps upload. All ISP's in Lebanon follow the same rule; the upload speed is 25% of the download speed.

#1018 March 29 2015

DNA

random-username wrote:
NAM wrote:

I'm subscribed to terranet's 8 Mbps plan and I receive 2 Mbps upload. All ISP's in Lebanon follow the same rule; the upload speed is 25% of the download speed.

ADSL isn't capable of more than 1Mbps upstream, unless you enable annex M on ADSL2+ which moves the numeber to 3Mbps but i dunno if it is supported.

but in general the max upload speed is 1Mbps in Lebanon, which is really shameful.

#1019 March 30 2015

djunited

may i ask what difference a faster upload speed would translate to in terms of browsing the web, watching videos ect...

the way i see it faster upload is only for ,well, uploading pictures and videos faster or does it also affect browsing and gaming?

#1020 March 30 2015

DG

Upload speed, unless it's painfully slow, should not affect gaming, browsing, watching videos,etc... as all these things rely on your download speed.

#1021 March 30 2015

DNA

Basically if you are doing anything productive on the internet upload speed comes into play, sadly productivity has a limit here.

Last edited by DNA (March 30 2015)

#1022 March 30 2015

djunited

i see, thanks.

#1023 March 30 2015

TPR0

Hey all,

My setup: TPlink 1043nd router running my own custom built openwrt image + TD8841 (fw updated from tplink.sg - legacy devices website)

svSNwq5.png

Ogero said that I cant go over 1mbps, but last year I had 4mbps in my grandparents house which is next to my house with some crappy wiring. The stats shows the attainable rate which is well beyond 8mbps and gmt.992 with snr margin of 30+ db, grandparents: around 6mbps and 11 snr (with thomson tg585 v7 though), is this some kind of bandwidth policy set in my area? I will try to contact the technician section of ogero if possible since no one has any idea of such details on the hotline section.

Would appreciate suggestions,
Thanks!

#1024 March 30 2015

TPR0

Hey all,

My setup: TPlink 1043nd router running my own custom built openwrt image + TD8841 (fw updated from tplink.sg - legacy devices website)

svSNwq5.png

Ogero said that I cant go over 1mbps, but last year I had 4mbps in my grandparents house which is next to my house with some crappy wiring. The stats shows the attainable rate which is well beyond 8mbps and gmt.992 with snr margin of 30+ db, grandparents: around 6mbps and 11 snr (with thomson tg585 v7 though), is this some kind of bandwidth policy set in my area? I will try to contact the technician section of ogero if possible since no one has any idea of such details on the hotline section.

Would appreciate suggestions,
Thanks!

#1025 March 30 2015

DNA

@TPR0 i am afraid that broadcom chipset might be defected, the upload is wayy too lower than it should be the BCM6338 have this issue where for no reason the upstream will get damaged and you get terrible upload performance, this is how my 2640u went to the garbage, it might be something else but looking at the stats the 6338 problem has got you, ogero will not give you more than 1mpbs with this upload figure Try another router, cause i might be wrong

Board footer