LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 17 2015

paco

Cyanogen

Are you a fan of CyanogenMod? Did you install it on your phone?
Do you know where can we find a OnepluOne in Lebanon?

Since I install CyanogenMod on my note2 it gaves him a second life. I have a brand new phone with a lot of new features. Can't wait for a stable CM12,

:)

#2 March 17 2015

bermudapineapple

Re: Cyanogen

It's a good custom ROM for getting rid of Google's snoopware and it incorporates the latest releases of Android, bypassing the capitalistic greed of the various carries. Kudos. But I don't like Android too much anyway.

#3 March 17 2015

paco

Me neither about Android but what other mobile OS do we have. We should wait for ubuntu touch to be more mature. And for me ios is not an option.

#4 March 18 2015

bermudapineapple

paco wrote:

Me neither about Android but what other mobile OS do we have. We should wait for ubuntu touch to be more mature. And for me ios is not an option.

Windows? It's my favorite OS.

#5 March 18 2015

LifeEngineer

I have installed Cyanogenmod on nearly all my previous and current phone! (htc HD2, S2, S3, desire HD, galaxy nexus, Sensation XE, nexus 4, G2, note 3, etc...)
(that is from cm6 on froyo to cm12 lollipop).

I currently have a oneplus one 64gb running unofficial cm12 lollipop rom.

I think, although it has bugs, it's one of the best!

I may get a oneplus one in the near future so make sure to drop me a PM in case you care about it. In case my wife didn't want it I am willing to sell it.

Last edited by LifeEngineer (March 18 2015)

#6 March 18 2015

alk

I have never liked cyanogen, never felt like it is a huge departure from the vanilla android version, it certainly has some extra options, but that is all, prefer paranoid, they are more creative and less buggy. And after the incident in India between oneplus and micromax, the not liking turned more into hate, this is the second time cyanogen plays company games, first time being when the co-founder join samsung and cyanogen support was biased towards a company - the remnants are still felt till now, and now they promised, no more, signed deals with 2 companies to provide official and sole support for both companies on same grounds...
while many custom roms are based on cyanogen, it is not the only one there, there is the AOKP, paranoid and Liquid smooth, all based on AOSP - as opposed to cyanogen base, and all have teams.

#7 March 18 2015

LifeEngineer

alk wrote:

I have never liked cyanogen, never felt like it is a huge departure from the vanilla android version, it certainly has some extra options, but that is all, prefer paranoid, they are more creative and less buggy. And after the incident in India between oneplus and micromax, the not liking turned more into hate, this is the second time cyanogen plays company games, first time being when the co-founder join samsung and cyanogen support was biased towards a company - the remnants are still felt till now, and now they promised, no more, signed deals with 2 companies to provide official and sole support for both companies on same grounds...
while many custom roms are based on cyanogen, it is not the only one there, there is the AOKP, paranoid and Liquid smooth, all based on AOSP - as opposed to cyanogen base, and all have teams.

I completely agree!
I was answering the question of the OP!
But yes, I mostly ended up keeping paranoidandroid instead of cyanogenmod!
And I will most probably use OxygenOS rom (mainly paranoid android work) instead of CM12S unless cyanogen do something magical with their rom!
PA are far more creative and invented some amazing stuff like hover, pie controls, halo and floating windows, etc...
Even google took pages from their book!

#8 March 18 2015

paco

Humm I will give a try to Paranoid Android. why not. Always looking for something new.

#9 March 19 2015

LifeEngineer

paco wrote:

Humm I will give a try to Paranoid Android. why not. Always looking for something new.

paco see this in case you care, i just saw it:
http://elmazad.com/item/oneplus-one--wh … rad/329440

Board footer