LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 18 2014

Ramii

media server and battery drain

Hello guys,

2 days ago my Note 3 (Kitkat 4.4.2) requested an update.after installation of the update i notice that the battery is draining really fast and the phone is over heating. i checked the battery status and what apps are draining the battery. i found "Mediaserver" is taking about 60% of the battery. This issue is so annoying... before the update the battery worked perfectly and i charge it only at night.

Suggestion anyone ?

#2 November 19 2014

LifeEngineer

Re: media server and battery drain

I have a note 3 on kitkat and my battery life sucks! There's always something!

As far as I know media server launches when you connect your phone to a PC and you copy something etc... It fires when you unplug it to scan the memory card/internal for these changes in order for you to be able to see it directly without a reboot.
It also fires on a reboot.

So a usual reboot and leaving the phone for some minutes unused should fix this.

#3 November 19 2014

AvoK95

Clear your caches. If all else fails, I guess you need a factory reset. If that fails too, you need to re-flash your firmware from a better region.

#4 March 15 2015

BacharKaram

I had the same issue till i rooted my phone and using a terminal emulator i got rid of it, ps: if this drain occured after updating it must be the video player on facebook

Board footer