LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 8 2015

kamalkh

Laravel vs Asp.net MVC?

Hi Everyone!
If any of you has the time, would you kindly give me your opinion and experience on the following comparison?
Asp.net mvc5 hosted on Azure VS Laravel4 or 5 (PHP) hosted on an amazon instance for Medium applications.
I need to know which one is better in terms of performance and why, in terms of Data reading, cost of hosting, scalling up, and any other detail that could help make a good comparison.
Thanks

#2 February 8 2015

Joe

Re: Laravel vs Asp.net MVC?

This is a very weird question to answer. Cost, performance, scalability and such depend completely on implementation details and cannot be compared in a vacuum. The best answer I can give you is to choose whichever your programmer are already comfortable with. A tool is only as good as the craftsman wielding it, and it's up to your programmers to care about cost and performance.

Now if you're wondering which tool you want to learn, I'd say both are pretty solid and used in serious production environments. There's no wrong choice here. I'd recommend choosing the one your friends and/or acquaintances are already familiar with. It'll be a bit easier getting help and answers.

#3 February 9 2015

rolf

Re: Laravel vs Asp.net MVC?

I'd say Laravel.

Board footer