LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 1 2015

nosense

Help with packet tracer

Hello everyone and happy new year

I have a problem with a network I am simulating

imb.png

I am trying to ping the router of beirut network from the router of saida network for the purpose of configuring the webserver in beirut, but when the ping starts at PC-PT PC5 at saida network heading for beirut router , the ICMP cant even get outside the saida router.

the network is all working when using the dns server or the http server at the isp but the 2 networks cant access each other

any help ?

packet tracet file attached here

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h285io8d9iol2 … n.pkt?dl=0

#2 January 1 2015

Stygmata
Banned

Re: Help with packet tracer

Any icmp limitation?

#3 January 1 2015

nosense

Stygmata wrote:

Any icmp limitation?

by me ? no

#4 January 1 2015

rolf

Without looking at your trace; it's most probably a firewall somewhere. You can use HTTP ping instead.

#5 January 1 2015

nosense

rolf wrote:

Without looking at your trace; it's most probably a firewall somewhere. You can use HTTP ping instead.

I highly doubt there is any firewall by default , I have done the whole network successfully if I assume the cloud is a router and replace it by a router that manages the network , but for some reason that doesn't work with the cloud , and there's no more configuration to be done that I know of.
the routers doesn't know the existence of each other on the network

#6 January 1 2015

ILIA_93

The current problems that I found were:

1) Wrong subnet mask on beirut server (no nat translation for 0.0.255.255 "check access list entry")
2) beirut server connected to wrong port (Fa0/1 doesn't support VLANs)
3) rip on a stick doesn't advertise private lans: Basically this is how RIP protocol works: the router will advertise the network it has to the neighbor routers. Those neighbor routers will advertise their networks and "the networks they learned through all ports except the one they received the learned network on", so although router0 receives 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.0.0/24 on fa0/0, it won't rebroadcast these network out of this interface, hence beirut and saida routers won't learn about each other. A simple hack is to use a switch between the internet cloud and the router, and install one more ethernet port on the cloud. connect each port on the cloud to a port on the switch and configure DSL. Now when beirut broadcast its networks, it will reach both router0 and saida router and vice versa.
4) beirut and saida routers wouldn't translate the 71.0.0.0/8 to internal IPs :@ These motherf***ing routers won't translate the outside IP to internal IP although I can clearly see the entry in the nat translate table. Packet tracer just says that it doesn't have a translation entry for 71.0.0.x:xx in the nat table, but it's right there :@ I QUIT!

RAGE QUIT TROUBLESHOOTING! THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME PROCRASTINATE ALI :@ NOW I HAVE TO STAY UP UNTIL 5AM TO FINISH MY WORK

#7 January 1 2015

nosense

ILIA_93 wrote:

The current problems that I found were:

1) Wrong subnet mask on beirut server (no nat translation for 0.0.255.255 "check access list entry")
2) beirut server connected to wrong port (Fa0/1 doesn't support VLANs)
3) rip on a stick doesn't advertise private lans: Basically this is how RIP protocol works: the router will advertise the network it has to the neighbor routers. Those neighbor routers will advertise their networks and "the networks they learned through all ports except the one they received the learned network on", so although router0 receives 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.0.0/24 on fa0/0, it won't rebroadcast these network out of this interface, hence beirut and saida routers won't learn about each other. A simple hack is to use a switch between the internet cloud and the router, and install one more ethernet port on the cloud. connect each port on the cloud to a port on the switch and configure DSL. Now when beirut broadcast its networks, it will reach both router0 and saida router and vice versa.
4) beirut and saida routers wouldn't translate the 71.0.0.0/8 to internal IPs :@ These motherf***ing routers won't translate the outside IP to internal IP although I can clearly see the entry in the nat translate table. Packet tracer just says that it doesn't have a translation entry for 71.0.0.x:xx in the nat table, but it's right there :@ I QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAGE QUIT TROUBLESHOOTING! THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME PROCRASTINATE ALI :@ NOW I HAVE TO STAY UP UNTIL 5AM TO FINISH MY WORK

Thank you @ILIA_93 for taking the time to look at my network this was my first try and searching online has been a pain in the ass since there's nothing what so ever about troubleshooting packet tracer or even decent tutorials.

I will look into it more with your hints hope it works out.

#8 January 1 2015

ILIA_93

aliessayli2 wrote:

Thank you @ILIA_93 for taking the time to look at my network this was my first try and searching online has been a pain in the ass since there's nothing what so ever about troubleshooting packet tracer or even decent tutorials.

I will look into it more with your hints hope it works out.

You're welcome! Post if you ever got NATing to work. By the way, as a good practice, use the passive interface command for the internal ports in the RIP process.

#9 January 13 2015

longbit

been waiting for such questions :'( came late

#10 January 13 2015

nosense

longbit wrote:

been waiting for such questions :'( came late

actually you didn't , still didn't solve it and gave up on it

Board footer