LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 7 2014

nosense

virus claiming it's Lebanese Police

So I was surprised yesterday when I turned on the laptop and after couple minutes this screen shows and you can't do anything but look at it.

lq5guxd.jpg

This is wrong on so many levels. this virus existed for abu dhabi police and now this is a clone for Lebanese police.
Anyway obviously can't open task manager, so I tried safe mode and the surprise was it doesn't let you get in with safe mode !!
when the pc boots up in safe mode and reaches the login screen it just restarts !
what can I do beside formating because it's a pain installing all the software again because of a stupid virus.
PS. you only have 1 minute when the windows boots then the virus screen loads

Last edited by nosense (November 7 2014)

#2 November 7 2014

Aly

Re: virus claiming it's Lebanese Police

This exists since a  long time,  a friend had it and I fixed it for him months ago, if I still remember correctly I had to download HitmanPro something software iso, burned it on a cd and booted it, and it removed the virus, easys steps, you can find tons of tutorials on google.
Good luck.

#3 November 7 2014

nosense

Aly wrote:

This exists since a  long time,  a friend had it and I fixed it for him months ago, if I still remember correctly I had to download HitmanPro something software iso, burned it on a cd and booted it, and it removed the virus, easys steps, you can find tons of tutorials on google.
Good luck.

this is exactly what I am doing now hope it works

#4 November 7 2014

nosense

worked like a charm

#5 November 7 2014

NuclearVision

it's funny actually just to think this is true, for a moment, one would wonder, why me among everyone?

#6 November 7 2014

rolf

NuclearVision wrote:

it's funny actually just to think this is true, for a moment, one would wonder, why me among everyone?

I don't know, you should know.
Do you sell drugs, maybe?

#7 November 8 2014

bermudapineapple

rolf wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What are drugs?

#8 November 8 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

The Lebanese police is never where it should be anyway ;)

#9 November 8 2014

m_zeid

AFAIK microsoft recommends reinstalling windows

#10 November 8 2014

nosense

Update:
It came back so I installed malwarebytes and it removed it completely but then when the windows starts it gives a rundll error since the virus is no longer found but it is still in registery so I installed a tool to repair registery and it fucked up everything and windows ended up corrupted.

Reinstalling windows now

#11 November 8 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

aliessayli2 wrote:

Update:
It came back so I installed malwarebytes and it removed it completely but then when the windows starts it gives a rundll error since the virus is no longer found but it is still in registery so I installed a tool to repair registery and it fucked up everything and windows ended up corrupted.

Reinstalling windows now

Disable any suspicious program or kernel using msconfig

#12 November 8 2014

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

Update:

Reinstalling windows now

Disable any suspicious program or kernel using msconfig

Already did , diabled everything and still didn't stop it untill it got removed with malwarebytes.
I gotta say it this virus is genius.

#13 November 8 2014

rolf

tt400 wrote:
rolf wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What are drugs?

"Illegal drugs" are substances that can be bought from people or produced, but by doing so you will be breaking the law, and often is harsh punishments.

Why the governments of the world got together in that (and not other things) and seem to hate drugs, I don't know. Some will mess you up in the head (or other parts of your body) but many will not harm you when taken in reasonable quantities, yet some people seem to (eagerly) fall into an irrational, fanatic, hateful and desperate struggle to uphold this demonic view of drugs and taking drugs, a view which they do not extend to "legal" (medical or other) drugs. These people seem to hang on tight to the notion that institutions composed of human beings with all their imperfections can somehow transcend the imperfections of human mind and dictate what is right or wrong.

I don't know, if you have 100 tomatoes and arrange them in a particular way, you still have tomatoes, and 100 tomatoes are not any smarter than one tomato. In fact if you have 100 tomatoes and they start to rot you will have a 100 times the smell and mess of one rotting tomato.

It's as if people are getting together in groups, with a confomist wolfpack mentality, giving up their power to institutions, thinking that these institutions make them better and smarter when in fact these institution compound and amplify their stupidity.

As far as I'm concerned drug users can fry their brain if they want, and they are already doing it and endangering or taking the lives of many others in the process, with "legal" substances such as alcohol. And if they can't then they will still kill theirselves if they want, no need for any substance for that. Maybe what the UAE did is the way to go, that is making suicide illegal and imprisoning anyone who survives a suicide attempt? That makes a lot of sense.

This whole topic is one of these things that symbolize all what is wrong with goverments and Law, and maybe that partially explains reactions around it. Maybe it's just of desperation and denial, not wanting to realize the pointlessness of it all.

Anyway, here you go :) I hope that doesn't qualify as a rant, but if it does then I will hardly ever be able to give my opinon about drugs and the Law here, because I will always have such an opinion. Can you blame me? It's not like I created this whole farce.

But hey, if this is a rant, please feel free to delete it, mods. There is little way for me to water down my rhetoric on that topic, in the name of all the (thousands and thousands) of people who were imprisoned, died, or just wasted their life in this pointless and crazy struggle. They are very real, but so is the story of humanity, which is strewn with wars and other tragedies of epic proportions.

This is off topic anyway.

One day it will be legal again to grow or consume any plant or substance if you like to, and making your life better (crazy idea, no? I think it's called freedom and progress, it seems to be a brand new thing), but I wonder if what happened will ever be understood. Is it fully understood why, for example, suspected "witches" were burnt in the middle ages? Or do we just put it on ignorance?

Maybe society needs a scapegoat for these difficult economic times, which do not show many signs of improving. Must be those lazy potheads who are briging the economy down. If it wasn't for them man would be walking on Mars now. Them and those long-haired debauched hippies. They are the bane of humanity.

#14 November 13 2014

NuclearVision

rolf wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What man?
I meant the first sentence in the picture, the one about copyright laws.

#15 November 14 2014

rolf

NuclearVision wrote:
rolf wrote:
NuclearVision wrote:

What man?
I meant the first sentence in the picture, the one about copyright laws.

Oh sorry, I a bit weak in Arabic so I didn't bother reading the text in the photo.
I guess they figured that most people in Lebanon do piracy so it might work. Good luck for them trying to get money from people who buy their software for 2000LL.

Anyway, can't anyone trace them down? Isn't there a link to a payment gateway on this page?

#16 November 14 2014

nosense

rolf wrote:

Oh sorry, I a bit weak in Arabic so I didn't bother reading the text in the photo.
I guess they figured that most people in Lebanon do piracy so it might work. Good luck for them trying to get money from people who buy their software for 2000LL.

Anyway, can't anyone trace them down? Isn't there a link to a payment gateway on this page?

They demand pre-paid cards so no there is no payment gateway

#17 November 14 2014

rolf

aliessayli2 wrote:
rolf wrote:

They demand pre-paid cards so no there is no payment gateway

But there must be a way to trace and see where the money goes.

Board footer