LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 June 27 2014

xAzarian

Best way to Learn Obj-C?

Just finished installing Mac OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.5 and will install xCode tonight. So , does anybody know a good ebook or site to learn obj-c? Any suggestion is appreciated!

#2 June 27 2014

A.I.

Re: Best way to Learn Obj-C?

If you're planning to develop iOS applications, search for "The Complete iOS 7 Course - Learn by Building 14 Apps" on a website called Udemy(sorry I can't post links). This course is one of the best I've ever found, it's fun and doesn't bore you out. If you can't afford it you can find it free elsewhere.

#3 June 27 2014

NuclearVision

i heard apple is working on a new language called swift.
You might want to look into it. It has easier syntax than obj-C. And might be the future of apple programming.

#4 September 21 2014

hasseily

NuclearVision wrote:

i heard apple is working on a new language called swift.
You might want to look into it. It has easier syntax than obj-C. And might be the future of apple programming.

Yes the Swift syntax is easier, especially in complex code such as blocks/closures/lambdas. However, the fundamentals of programming in iOS remain: learning the Cocoa API is relevant whatever the language you use, so the book mentioned above is certainly very useful. One has to learn the standard iOS programming patterns as well as how to use the core libraries.

Also note that any app coded in Swift today will automatically include the Swift runtime as a static library, adding around 8.5MB of code to your app. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

#5 November 7 2014

WiCkEd

You Can Get iTunes, and Visit the iTunes U section and check Stanford iOS 7 Video Courses for FREE it's called "Developing iOS 7 Apps for iPhone and iPad".

Last edited by WiCkEd (November 7 2014)

Board footer