LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#326 August 29 2014

ILIA_93

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

m_zeid wrote:

do you guys really ship parcels from china all the way to lebanon that are only few dollars??
I'm shocked that the stores are okay with it, even more that Liban post are okay?!

Sometimes what costs 1$ on AliExpress costs 15$ in a local store and even more. But I second your concern about LibanPost, how are they okay with delivering a few dollars parcel to our doorsteps :/

#327 September 2 2014

edwed

When items arrive to customs, you will receive it after a week.
Status isn't updated after that. So last status: Item on hold in customs for clearance, even after delivery they aren't updating it.

#328 September 2 2014

Louis40

All was functioning well. Why such manoeuvrings from those parties, is it just to give us hard time and complicate things more than it is complicated?

When this country will be on the right track in all its sectors..? When?

#329 September 2 2014

chosen2k

@ILIA

"Umm they do do it for free, that's how international postage works. All countries have agreements to deliver for free for the other country to reciprocate that when they get the full postage if you send it there."

Source: a dude on a forum: http://whrl.pl/RdbFeH
Best source ever :)

Last edited by chosen2k (September 2 2014)

#330 September 2 2014

maroun

edwed wrote:

Status isn't updated after that. So last status: Item on hold in customs for clearance, even after delivery they aren't updating it.

Not too accurate I have a parcel handed over to customs since 11/8/2014, checked my P.O.Box last Friday and found nothing inside.
Even worse i have parcels received by sorting center since 22/08/2014 and the status is still the same as at now.

#331 September 2 2014

ILIA_93

chosen2k wrote:

@ILIA
"Umm they do do it for free, that's how international postage works. All countries have agreements to deliver for free for the other country to reciprocate that when they get the full postage if you send it there."

Thank you! I hope things stay like this, and the customs stay away from our parcels...

#332 September 2 2014

edwed

maroun wrote:
edwed wrote:

Not too accurate I have a parcel handed over to customs since 11/8/2014, checked my P.O.Box last Friday and found nothing inside.
Even worse i have parcels received by sorting center since 22/08/2014 and the status is still the same as at now.

I was talking about parcels entering customs lately.
I also have items in customs since 5 weeks, but the ones that entered 10 days ago I got them Monday.
It seems they are applying a LIFO not a FIFO

#333 September 2 2014

Sup3r

From what i did grasp through posts, any ordered item priced less than 200.00 L.L will be subject for a 24,900 L.L charge?
even if the item's price like $2?

Last edited by Sup3r (September 2 2014)

#334 September 2 2014

m.sabra

Sup3r wrote:

From what i did grasp through posts, any ordered item priced less than 200.00 L.L will be subject for a 24,900 L.L charge?

No,any order under 200,000 L.L you will get it without paying any additional fees at all,any item over 200,000 L.L you will have to pay customs and taxes which depends on the value of the item and its type.
so for a 2$ item you will not pay taxes.

#335 September 2 2014

Sup3r

m.sabra wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

No,any order under 200,000 L.L you will get it without paying any additional fees at all,any item over 200,000 L.L you will have to pay customs and taxes which depends on the value of the item and its type.

That's a relief, thanks for clarifying!

I'm sure we can workaround some glitch for high-priced items, i.e: hardware parts
maybe if the seller marked the item as gift? i am sure out there someone
is working around this successfully but keeping it 0-day.

Speaking of which, i once ordered some #### wrapped in a book, the parcel was marked as a gift,
i received my item through a FedEx branch without paying any customs or taxes, if i recall the
shipping went through USPS using the 40$ Express Mail International option.

Last edited by Sup3r (February 5 2015)

#336 September 2 2014

port80

Sup3r wrote:
m.sabra wrote:
Sup3r wrote:

That's a relief, thanks for clarifying!

I'm sure we can workaround some glitch for high-priced items, i.e: hardware parts
maybe if the seller marked the item as gift? i am sure out there someone
is working around this successfully but keeping it 0-day.

Speaking of which, i once ordered some dr#gs wrapped in a book, the parcel was marked as a gift,
i received my item through a FedEx branch without paying any customs or taxes, if i recall the
shipping went through USPS using the 40$ Express Mail International option.

This mark as a gift thing or putting a lower price on an item works outside not in Lebanon. Our custom are "bnadi2" they won't let a 1000 L.L slip by if they can tax it.

#337 September 3 2014

ali.ba

I payed 6000L.L. taxes for a 5$ Mouse.

#338 September 3 2014

ILIA_93

ali.bassam wrote:

Are you sure it is tax? If you have a P.O box, they'll deliver the parcel to you but they charge 6000L.L. It has already been discussed: Check this out...

#339 September 3 2014

NuclearVision

Guys just a thought, don't order stuff for 2 $ every week, it really gets them busy, maybe order them together so all of us get their parcels at time :)

#340 September 4 2014

ali.ba

ILIA_93 wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

Are you sure it is tax? If you have a P.O box, they'll deliver the parcel to you but they charge 6000L.L. It has already been discussed: Check this out...

Thanks I just checked that thread, but I really don't understand what a P.O Box is, and how do I get one?

#341 September 4 2014

Louis40

ali.bassam wrote:
ILIA_93 wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

Thanks I just checked that thread, but I really don't understand what a P.O Box is, and how do I get one?

I have a P.O Box myself. The advantage of the P.O.Box is , if Liban Post is next to your house or on your way to your house/work and you have a complicated home address for mail delivery or assuming you are never at home, then a P.O.box is your solution. You pay 100,000LBP (maybe less now) for the whole year, the second year is cheaper, and they will give you the keys and a number of your box which you can use it as your mailing address.
For example:
- Name,
- Libanpost address
- P.Obox number and of course you mention Beirut Lebanon.

That's it. There is an option with them which is you pay more and they will call you as soon as you receive a package. You pass by and open your box, you see a notification then show them and they will give you ur parcel. Of course bring ur ID with you.

#342 September 4 2014

Duath

A friend of mine payed 6000 L. L for each item he received,  and no he doesn't have a P.O box.

#343 September 5 2014

ironman

@Duath,

i don't have a pobox too, BUT my address (my work address) has one, this is why, instead of delivering directly to my work address, they are delivering to the PObox of my work, this is why i have to pay 6000 per item, or go get the items myself.
don't know if this is your case.

#344 September 6 2014

maroun

Hi all,

Just picked up 4 items from my P.O.BOX. yesterday some facts below
1- I did not pay any tax
2- Even after I received  the items, Today the tracking system at libanpost still shows received at sorting center
3- Items at customs since over a month ago still hanging at customs

#345 September 6 2014

ali.ba

I ordered 10 pieces of Samsung Chargers = 11.70$, are these considered 10 items or 1 item?

Because I don't wanna pay 6000L.L. for each charger...

Last edited by ali.ba (September 6 2014)

#346 September 6 2014

maroun

They charge by parcel value and not by item.
Your parcel might contain as many items as you want (ordered).
One more thing to add, the tax exemption law is for personal use, ordering large quantities of same item might look suspecious to customs.

#347 September 12 2014

Louis40

Received my item while it is still states "received at sorting center.." on their web site.. but hey without extra payment..

#348 September 12 2014

MAS

Today I called LibanPost and asked them about my parcel,
they told me that the parcel is at their office in Jdeideh, noting that the item on the system is still at "LEBANON-BEIRUT SORTING CENTRE" since 25/08/14.
I passed by LibanPost and asked about my item, and after around 20 minutes of searching they found it..
I asked the guy there what if i didn't pass by, when do you think i would've received it? he answered by look around, all these items are from AliExpress.. he told me that there's more than 100,000 items!! than he said we have other things to deliver here! we don't work for AliExpress..(and i think he's right)
So bottom line, LibanPost aren't updating their tracking system and they are not planning to deliver AliExpress parcels on time, my suggestion is to call 1577 and ask about your parcel than pick it up from their office.

Last edited by MAS (September 12 2014)

#349 September 12 2014

NuclearVision

well libanpost should stop nagging, that's the minimum they could do. we have the worst post system in the world.

#350 September 16 2014

ali.ba

I ordered an item like 4 months ago, 1 month ago I canceled it with a dispute and got my money back, well because it wasn't showing anywhere in tracking and yeah 3 months is too much, but today LibanPost called me and said that I have a parcel, and I checked their website and yes, it is this item, and now my conscience is killing me, I am getting an item for free since I got my money back, what should I do?

Board footer