LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#76 July 30 2014

nosense

Re: Feedback for Cyberia

geekevo wrote:

Anytging I can do about it ali?The  internet unusable in this  state. Is anything like this happening to you vegtelab or john?

I had my sn margin drop alot when they changed me to adsl2+ and the internet was unusable but my modem was faulty , when I tried a new modem the sn margin increased alot , this may not be the case for you

Try to troubleshoot by disconnecting the phones and trying another phone socket , then call cyberia and tell them about your case ( tell them that you got switched to adsl2+ , the support guys are stupid and will not know why your sn margin dropped)

#77 July 30 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

geekevo wrote:

Anytging I can do about it ali?The  internet unusable in this  state. Is anything like this happening to you vegtelab or john?

I am passing summer in the mountain , I dunno if adsl is droping in achrafieh but last month I had to restart my modem 3 times and got no internet for an hour twice
I am nearly convinced cyberia sales doesnt want to say 6mb will not work with our lines before the 1st august so we dont switch to ogero or other isp before another month.
Damn when you know they have 100mbs in Europe we still dont have 6mb lines in the capital

#78 July 31 2014

hussam

I think the issue is that there probably isn't enough bandwidth going into Lebanon to give many people speeds above 2Mbit. A large portion of Lebanon's capacity probably already goes to large corporations and universities.

#79 July 31 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

All the previous ministers of comms should have think long term and invest more in central capacities instead of buying their 3rd villa and 5th Mercedes

#80 July 31 2014

nosense

Just called the sales and he said (ma mishe 7ala)
he told me to stay on 2M and they will inform me when my line can handle more (yeah sure)

#81 July 31 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

As usual (like back on unlimited at night plans begun) only 5% of the users will have better plans, did you ask for 4mbs?

#82 July 31 2014

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:

As usual (like back on unlimited at night plans begun) only 5% of the users will have better plans, did you ask for 4mbs?

no , should I ?

#83 July 31 2014

aboulfouf

I asked for 4 MB and till now I didn't receive any confirmation from them, just called the sales guy and he told me to renew my account as 2 MB now and I will know if my line can handle 4 MB during August.

#84 July 31 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Called them and with no surprises it cant handle 6mbs, I then asked about 4mbs and I will have to wait another month!
I will take 2mbs 50gb as I wont download that much in august,its half the price of unlimited

#85 July 31 2014

nosense

vegetaleb wrote:

Called them and with no surprises it cant handle 6mbs, I then asked about 4mbs and I will have to wait another month!
I will take 2mbs 50gb as I wont download that much in august,its half the price of unlimited

Take the 2m 40gb , if you need more you can buy them for less than the price of the plan , this plan is a scam , do the math

#86 July 31 2014

wollyka

I posted the below in the IDM thread but since Cyberia and IDM are owned by the same company i will re-post it here:
I got this reply from IDM about upgrading my plan from 4 to 8:
Kindly be informed that your account will remain 4M 50 until we get the confirmation from the Ministry to proceed with the upgrade to 8M-100.
Yours Truly,
However, I was checking my modem stats and I got this
------ DSL Information --------
DSL Driver Version: A2pD035m.d24c
DSL VPI/VCI:  8/35
DSL Status:  Up
DSL Mode: ADSL_2plus
DSL UpStream Rate:   894Kbps
DSL DownStream Rate:  8798Kbps
        Down      Up
DSL Noise Margin:     27.5       21.9
DSL Attenuation:       13.0         8.7
DSL Transmit Power:     19.1         12.1

My account at idm still shows 4mbps and my download speed is still at 490 KB/s (same what i was getting before). So yeah, no speed upgrade this month or the beginning of next month until they get the ok from the ministry.

Last edited by wollyka (July 31 2014)

#87 July 31 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

If your line is already 4mbs then you are already a golden lucky guy to get 6 or 8

#88 July 31 2014

aboulfouf

Dear Client, your change plan request for xxxxxx was successfully processed. Your plan will be DSL 4M-25G ($24.99 + VAT) as of 1 Aug 2014. That's the sms I received now from Cyberia.

#89 July 31 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

Damn I wonder if its safe to buy a 2mb right now and get this sms a couple of minutes later :/

#90 August 6 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

I have a problem with torrents for years using Cyberia Adsl, when I download a torrent file I can't use anything else, nor browsing nor phone apps! I tried different torrent clients but all are doing the same, its weird as with my office's Hdsl from Idm I can download a file without affecting the rest. Any way to fix it? Is it a problem with Cyberia adsl or something else?

#91 August 6 2014

wollyka

Most probably a problem with QOS in your router settings or you are setting a high upload rate. BTW I had Cyberia before and the torrents were working fine, I can browse and download at the same time.

Last edited by wollyka (August 6 2014)

#92 August 6 2014

Johnaudi

vegetaleb wrote:

I have a problem with torrents for years using Cyberia Adsl, when I download a torrent file I can't use anything else, nor browsing nor phone apps! I tried different torrent clients but all are doing the same, its weird as with my office's Hdsl from Idm I can download a file without affecting the rest. Any way to fix it? Is it a problem with Cyberia adsl or something else?

Never had that issue... What plan do you have?

#93 August 6 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

2mbs, same problem on the old thomson speedtouch and the actual tplink and on 2 different PCs,  I already tried decreasing upload bandwidth to 5k in Tixati torrent client but no difference, should I decrease the download bandwidth too?

#94 August 6 2014

geekevo

Used to have that problem vegetaleb but it was resolved after i upgraded to 50GB. The problem only existed on torrents that connected me to lots of peers try not so popular torrents.

#95 August 6 2014

GreenM

so everyone gave up waiting for the speed upgrade??

Last edited by GreenM (August 6 2014)

#96 August 6 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

GreenM wrote:

so everyone gave up waiting for the speed upgrade??

It was a lotery, they chose 10% of applicants randomly

#97 August 8 2014

vegetaleb
Banned

I can't get more than 100k/s speed after 11pm on my 2mbs plan, I always had 200k/s before :(
Are they doing this to push us into 4 and 6mb plans? If yes its completely stupid because the can't (want) to give us these speed yet

#98 August 11 2014

Abed-d

Hey guys,
I've been having intermittent connection in all devices while browsing at home from Cyberia and after trying everything including changing filters, connecting my laptop by wire to the modem.... etc. and with the abscence of any help from Cyberia's support people who, after I emailed them link test results and ping tests, actually suggested that i format my laptop for viruses....

Anyway we, at home, figured it was a DNS problem (given also that torrents which don't need DNS still work even when I can't browse). By trial and error, I got hold of a cyberia DNS server that works, because the modem was set to automically  acquire the DNS from the ISP. (When I asked Cyberia, about IPs of other similar servers, they insisted that the DNS I have is not one of their servers, even though a quick googling of the IP shows that it is owned by Cyberia, anyyywayyy...) (the DNS that were not working are 195.112.195.136,195.112.195.34, 195.112.195.35, working DNS was 195.112.197.180)

However, the strange thing is that when I put the secondary DNS to be one of Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4), a connectivity test on the modem shows no connectivity to that server.

Any Cyberia users here, have had the same problem with DNS? Any suggestions to solve this problem (I've tried many other public DNS servers to no avail, and I'm hesitant to try just any server, for security purposes)?

Last edited by Abed-d (August 11 2014)

#99 August 11 2014

nosense

What's your modem stats and which plan

#100 August 11 2014

Abed-d

Its a Speedtouch ST516
Plan is 2  Mbps, 40GB
Modem stats for the DSL connection are as follows:
Link Information