LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#101 July 2 2014

maulader

Re: Feedback for IDM

no FUP during night time? IDM here I come..

And he also mentioned that if I was FUP'd the speed will affect the whole day, even at night.

does that mean FUP lasts 1 day or what? I'm interested in knowing how to avoid it from happening if i plan to switch.

#102 July 2 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:

As for the FUP, it applies at daytime .

even for plans with a pre-defined quota?

Last edited by kfc (July 2 2014)

#103 July 2 2014

gamer4life

maulader wrote:

no FUP during night time? IDM here I come..

And he also mentioned that if I was FUP'd the speed will affect the whole day, even at night.

does that mean FUP lasts 1 day or what? I'm interested in knowing how to avoid it from happening if i plan to switch.

At their website the FUP could be daily or monthly. It depends an average they calculate.

#104 July 2 2014

gamer4life

kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

I really forgot to ask, but we were talking about my plan and then I asked about FUP. If it was for just the unlimited plans he would've directly told me it only applies on it.

#105 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

gamer4life wrote:

I tried them always busy...

Edit: They finally answered, he told me that IDM didn't start with the upgrade yet, only quota was added, that's why I'm downloading at 2M speed
As for the FUP, it applies at daytime not between 11-7, he told me 11-7 is totally unlimited. He doesn't know the average of GBs that shouldn't be exceeded. And he also mentioned that if I was FUP'd the speed will affect the whole day, even at night.

what about the new plans? did you get to choose any ?

#106 July 2 2014

maulader

thanks for clarification, so it depends on many unknown factors, best to be safe and download at nights is what i'm deducing thus far.

Did anyone here experience IDM's FUP? how bad is it? what happens to latency and online gaming while you're under FUP?

#107 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

maulader wrote:

thanks for clarification, so it depends on many unknown factors, best to be safe and download at nights is what i'm deducing thus far.

Did anyone here experience IDM's FUP? how bad is it? what happens to latency and online gaming while you're under FUP?

well i downloaded 5gb yesterday and i think i got FUPed. my speed went down from 2mb to 1mb since yesterday afternoon until now. ping is bit higher than usual (10 to 20 ms) but i dunno if it is because the FUP or because i have an unlimited plan.

Last edited by NickTheQuick (July 2 2014)

#108 July 2 2014

gamer4life

NickTheQuick wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

I tried them always busy...

Edit: They finally answered, he told me that IDM didn't start with the upgrade yet, only quota was added, that's why I'm downloading at 2M speed
As for the FUP, it applies at daytime not between 11-7, he told me 11-7 is totally unlimited. He doesn't know the average of GBs that shouldn't be exceeded. And he also mentioned that if I was FUP'd the speed will affect the whole day, even at night.

what about the new plans? did you get to choose any ?

He told me to try after a week because they are currently busy with the upgrades.

#109 July 2 2014

maulader

NickTheQuick wrote:
maulader wrote:

well i downloaded 5gb yesterday and i think i got FUPed. my speed went down from 2mb to 1mb since yesterday afternoon until now. ping is bit higher than usual (10 to 20 ms) but i dunno if it is because the FUP or because i have an unlimited plan.

Did you do these downloads in the middle of the day or after midnight?
How are you finding online games with the unlimited plan? is the ping stable[10-20ms higher isn't much if stability is of no issue]? that is if you game.

#110 July 2 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:
kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

I really forgot to ask, but we were talking about my plan and then I asked about FUP. If it was for just the unlimited plans he would've directly told me it only applies on it.

it isn't in in their interest to apply a day-FUP on plans with a pre-defined quota. on the contrary, they want you to consume ur whole quota and then pay for extra GBs no?

#111 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:
kfc wrote:

it isn't in in their interest to apply a day-FUP on plans with a pre-defined quota. on the contrary, they want you to consume ur whole quota and then pay for extra GBs no?

that is true. no FUP for limited plans that's for sure

#112 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

maulader wrote:
NickTheQuick wrote:
maulader wrote:

Did you do these downloads in the middle of the day or after midnight?
How are you finding online games with the unlimited plan? is the ping stable[10-20ms higher isn't much if stability is of no issue]? that is if you game.

i did it in the morning, my speed dropped in the afternoon, got back to normal from 11pm to 7 am and then dropped again from today morning until now.I haven't play online since yesterday so i can't tell !

#113 July 2 2014

gamer4life

NickTheQuick wrote:
kfc wrote:
gamer4life wrote:

that is true. no FUP for limited plans that's for sure

Yea that's totally logic, but we shouldn't forget that the 2M is shared sometimes between 3 users.
This is an important reason for applying it on the given quota. That's why it's called FAIR!! usage policy between users.
I'll illustrate more by an example: When I start downloading torrents I reach my full speed, but when my brother comes home to download any file, he doesn't even reach 0.2M out of the 1M. It's like first come first serve. I even read on the internet about softwares that let you connect faster to your ISP to secure fast internet if your bandwidth is shared.
For that I find it reasonable applying FUP at daytime with regular packages.

#114 July 2 2014

wollyka

I will repost here for idm users (was in general section)

I was at first informed that I can upgrade speed after the first of July, however it is not. (idm, Mazraa CO)

Dear Mr. ,
We would like to thank you for your email, and inform you that upgrading your account to 8M, cannot be processed for the time being, due to technical limitations where all upgrades from the side of the Ministry have not been completed yet. We will inform you whenever the change speed can be processed.

#115 July 2 2014

gamer4life

Mmmmm I don't think this includes lower speeds, the 8M and above are still not upgraded by the centrals that's why they told you that.
I asked them today and they told me to choose my plan next week.

#116 July 3 2014

kfc

I am noticing weird changes today compared to yesterday:
- "Maximum bandwith" suddenly increased to 5000kbps mnstead of 4000.
- Bandwith stayed at 2100 kbps
- SN increased from 8 to 21.
- Attenuation stayed at 51.
- DL speed using "Internet download manager" dropped from a constant 220-230 kb/s yesterday to 150-170 today (with great fluctuations between 100 and 200). On speedtest, it is 1.1 Mbps. On testmy.net, it is 26kb/s!!!!!

Why did my speed drop today?

Last edited by kfc (July 3 2014)

#117 July 3 2014

gamer4life

The same thing happened to me after the upgrade, seems everyones account was opened to have 2M rather than 1M, and ogero still didn't complete its implementation to IDM. That's why our speeds are dropping below 1M and sometimes above. I really don't have any other explanation for what's happening.

#118 July 3 2014

andrew55

They probably increased the voltage at the CO which might explain the increased SNR. Keep monitoring your line.. As for the connection i think everyone is having instability...

#119 July 4 2014

rtp

am prepaid IDM, anybody know how to switch to the new plan?
I called IDM and they told me i should wait till the 7th and then i will be able to upgrade
anybody prepaid and was able to upgrade using another method?

#120 July 4 2014

kfc

my "maximum bandwith" dropped today from 5000 to 2000 kbps and bandwith dropped from 2200 to 1900 kbps. Speed is 120kb/s using internet download manager.

What is happenning??

Last edited by kfc (July 4 2014)

#121 July 4 2014

---()--()---

Oii.

IDM user here. 2MBPS Unlimited bandwidth according to the new package.

Internet seems to fluctuate during the day regardless of FUP.

2:00 am ----> 8:00 am  : 180 kb/s download speed

8:00 am -----> 3:00 - 4:00 pm : 50 kb/s

4:00 pm ----> 11:00 pm  : 10 - 20 kb/s

11:00 pm ---> 2:00 am : 50 kb/s

This is a rough estimate. And it doesn't seem to change according to bandwidth downloaded by day. Been testing it for four days. First two days with heavy downloading, second two days with practically no consumption.

Cheers

#122 July 4 2014

wollyka

KFC, they may be "upgrading" your CO.. I have a very unstable connection since the first of July and the stats are changing.

#123 July 4 2014

kfc

---()--()--- wrote:

Oii.

IDM user here. 2MBPS Unlimited bandwidth according to the new package.

Internet seems to fluctuate during the day regardless of FUP.

2:00 am ----> 8:00 am  : 180 kb/s download speed

8:00 am -----> 3:00 - 4:00 pm : 50 kb/s

4:00 pm ----> 11:00 pm  : 10 - 20 kb/s

11:00 pm ---> 2:00 am : 50 kb/s

This is a rough estimate. And it doesn't seem to change according to bandwidth downloaded by day. Been testing it for four days. First two days with heavy downloading, second two days with practically no consumption.

Cheers

my speed is always very low like 30 kb/s when i dont use internet download manager. with internet download manager it is much much better but sometimes it fluctuates alot between 100 and 220kb/s. yesterday i downloaded at 6pm 2.5 GB at a constant speed of 200-220 kb/s using internet download manager.

#124 July 5 2014

eliosassine

I called the lousy company and after an hour of holding and trying to reach someone they tell me I m FUP d for the whole month with no way of changing my plan till the end of the month . I ve been wanting to leave IDM for a while now because of the stupid support and unreliability . Now they made my decision clearer

#125 July 5 2014

kfc

eliosassine wrote:

I called the lousy company and after an hour of holding and trying to reach someone they tell me I m FUP d for the whole month with no way of changing my plan till the end of the month . I ve been wanting to leave IDM for a while now because of the stupid support and unreliability . Now they made my decision clearer

Are you on an unlimited plan?

Board footer