LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 July 1 2014

Hybrid

Re: Feedback for IDM

This should be sticky, alongside the other ISPs ;)

#52 July 1 2014

kfc

i just called idm and they told me that the speed on my line will be upgraded within 1 or 2 days.

#53 July 1 2014

rtp

kfc wrote:
rtp wrote:

i just called them they informed me that we will be able to change plans from the website after the 7th.
The funny part is that he asked me about my plans and name and what not and then informed me that i should upgrade from the website lol

did you ask them why speeds were NOT upgraded?

nop, since am 1 mbps unlimited, it technically stays the same, i guess...

#54 July 1 2014

andrew55

My best download speed at this minute is 140 KB/s (4096/512). Anyone have the same problem?

#55 July 1 2014

cysto

m0ei wrote:

I sent them an email twice, they didn't bother to reply, and I even tried calling them but the line was busy...crap support.

They automatically upgraded my account to 2mb unlimited, even though I wanted the 6mb 60gb plan.

Same case! I even emailed them twice, they didn't reply!
I had 2Mbps 20GB; it was upgraded to 2Mbps Unlimited, even though I wanted to upgrade to 6Mbps 60GB.
I also had like 6-7 GB remaining, so I consumed them today (resuming my Watch_Dogs download); I got fucking FUP'd!
Fucking assholes! I rightfully own the remaining quota (given that I paid $50 for 20GB at the beginning of the monthly cycle), yet I was FUP'd by their crappy systems.
Speed is now at 256 kbps :)
If this continues on tomorrow, they're gonna get a call from a really angry customer.

Oh and when I called earlier to ask about upgrading, the support agent said I need to wait another month... Another freaking month of being fucking FUP'd. IDM should really get its crap together. I don't see how they're competing with Ogero in the first place (I've read they don't have FUP).

Last edited by cysto (July 1 2014)

#56 July 1 2014

gamer4life

andrew55 wrote:

My best download speed at this minute is 140 KB/s (4096/512). Anyone have the same problem?

My 2M increased gradually to become stable above 210KB/s. (Downloading torrents)

#57 July 1 2014

gamer4life

cysto wrote:
m0ei wrote:

I sent them an email twice, they didn't bother to reply, and I even tried calling them but the line was busy...crap support.

They automatically upgraded my account to 2mb unlimited, even though I wanted the 6mb 60gb plan.

I had 2Mbps 20GB; it was upgraded to 2Mbps Unlimited, even though I wanted to upgrade to 6Mbps 60GB.
I also had like 6-7 GB remaining, so I consumed them today (resuming my Watch_Dogs download); I got fucking FUP'd!
Fucking assholes! I rightfully own the remaining quota (given that I paid $50 for 20GB at the beginning of the monthly cycle), yet I was FUP'd by their crappy systems.
If this continues on tomorrow, they're gonna get a call from a really angry customer.

Oh and when I called earlier to ask about upgrading, the support agent said I need to wait another month... Another freaking month of being fucking FUP'd. IDM should really get its crap together. I don't becomes they're competing with Ogero in the first place (I've read they don't have FUP).

I don't think your FUP'd. Just try and wait till tomorrow so that the upgrade reaches everyone and becomes more stable.
When I got upgraded to the 2M, it was really crappy the max I got was 1.1, and it was always below 0.5M, but it's now more stable.
As for the 6M you wanted, I think IDM doesn't have this speed upgrade yet that's why they gave you something similar to what you where paying.

#58 July 1 2014

andrew55

I don't know why my download speed goes to hell between 10 pm and 1 am...

#59 July 1 2014

cysto

gamer4life wrote:
cysto wrote:
m0ei wrote:

Oh and when I called earlier to ask about upgrading, the support agent said I need to wait another month... Another freaking month of being fucking FUP'd. IDM should really get its crap together. I don't becomes they're competing with Ogero in the first place (I've read they don't have FUP).

I don't think your FUP'd. Just try and wait till tomorrow so that the upgrade reaches everyone and becomes more stable.
When I got upgraded to the 2M, it was really crappy the max I got was 1.1, and it was always below 0.5M, but it's now more stable.
As for the 6M you wanted, I think IDM doesn't have this speed upgrade yet that's why they gave you something similar to what you where paying.

I'm pretty sure it was FUP. I watched as my bandwidth was reduced gradually by factors of 2. At first it became 1 Mbps, then 512 Kbps, and finally 256 Kbps.
Regarding the 6Mbps upgrade, they didn't even bother asking their customers beforehand what packages they want to upgrade to; they kinda just forced them upon us. Don't mistake my fury for being a novice; I've been an IDM customer since February 2009, but the recent upgrades really messed up my connection. Never have I seen such an immature product being released to the public with such lack of preparation.

#60 July 1 2014

eliosassine

I live in jounieh had a  2mb 20gb plan got upgraded to unlimited but with speed now between 30 - 80 KB/s  (downloading battlefield 4 from origin ) . I hope they fix this soon.

#61 July 1 2014

gamer4life

cysto wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was FUP. I watched as my bandwidth was reduced gradually by factors of 2. At first it became 1 Mbps, then 512 Kbps, and finally 256 Kbps.
Regarding the 6Mbps upgrade, they didn't even bother asking their customers beforehand what packages they want to upgrade to; they kinda just forced them upon us. Don't mistake my fury for being a novice; I've been an IDM customer since February 2009, but the recent upgrades really messed up my connection. Never have I seen such an immature product being released to the public with such lack of preparation.

Dude be a little optimistic. NO ONE is satisfied with what is happening, from ogero users that their unlimited night was canceled to the sodetel users who still didn't get their upgrade, and God knows when they'll get it.
Just be patient and ask for your 6M to be upgraded next month, and then decide what to do next, I mean if you'll be satisfied or not.

#62 July 1 2014

gamer4life

eliosassine wrote:

I live in jounieh had a  2mb 20gb plan got upgraded to unlimited but with speed now between 30 - 80 KB/s  (downloading battlefield 4 from origin ) . I hope they fix this soon.

So it seems there's a problem with the unlimited plan from IDM.
Anyone having issues with the normal plans??

Last edited by gamer4life (July 1 2014)

#63 July 2 2014

sailor

gamer4life wrote:
eliosassine wrote:

normal plan is just fine like before
i had 2mb 10gb now its 2mb 40gb
my download 240-260kps on internet download manager
my ping to google 90ms 93ms
still same like before

#64 July 2 2014

kfc

so anyone got a SPEED upgrade with IDM?

#65 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

Good news guys. FUP will NOT be applied from 11pm to 7am on any plan even the unlimited ones. IDM called me just now confirming that. Next week we get to pick our new plans.

#66 July 2 2014

kfc

NickTheQuick wrote:

Good news guys. FUP will NOT be applied from 11pm to 7am on any plan even the unlimited ones. IDM called me just now confirming that. Next week we get to pick our new plans.

how come? it is mentioned in red on their site!!!!

#67 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

The unlimited plans will have FUP only during day time.

#68 July 2 2014

kfc

NickTheQuick wrote:

what about the limited plans? is it possible that they apply FUP during day time? because on their site, they say that  "ALL above plans are subject to Fair Use Policy".

#69 July 2 2014

NickTheQuick

Limited plans won't have FUP whatsoever. You will pay for each extra GB you spend. So I assume the statement on their website is inaccurate and they should change it (i will point it out next week when i call them to pick my new plan)

#70 July 2 2014

kfc

I just did a speed test and got the following horrible results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3599190027

On testmy.net , speed was 32 kb/s
I tried to download a file without internet download manager and speed was around 30 kb/s
I tried to download a 49 MB file with internet download manager and speed was around 90 kb/s (download finish in less than 9 minutes)
Last, my account on IDM website showed that when my internet download manager queue was running non- stop 15 mintes ago, i downloaded 252 MB in 32 min (average speed: 131 kb/s)

Any explanation?

Last edited by kfc (July 2 2014)

#71 July 2 2014

gamer4life

kfc wrote:
NickTheQuick wrote:

what about the limited plans? is it possible that they apply FUP during day time? because on their site, they say that  "ALL above plans are subject to Fair Use Policy".

I was just rereading the policy they stated on their website. I noticed if you read the first paragraph you'll know what NickTheQuick means.
The statement says that you can use the internet as often as you want, for as long as you want during the publicized UNLIMITED period. So that means the UNLIMITED period is truly unlimited. Of course it's normal to counter speed loss between 11 P.M and 1 A.M because almost everyone will be downloading at that time, and we are using shared bandwidth.
The FUP as stated applies during given periods, which are like between 3-5 P.M and after 9 P.M. Because when I used to call them at like 9 P.M to complain about a noticeable speed reduction, they would tell me it's normal because it's peak time.
I know this doesn't seem logic given that we pay for the 40GB or whatever we take and we have the right to consume it like we want, but this is what they see as being fair to all users who like wants to open Facebook at 10 P.M but the pictures aren't loading because another person is heavily downloading a file.
So I don't think the statement on the website is inaccurate. It is stated just like they want it.
That's why I think the unlimited plans are easily FUP'd, seeing the FUP applies daytime not between 11 -7.

#72 July 2 2014

gamer4life

kfc wrote:

I just did a speed test and got the following horrible results:
http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3599190027

On testmy.net , speed was 32 kb/s
I tried to download a file without internet download manager and speed was around 30 kb/s
I tried to download a 49 MB file without internet download manager and speed was around 90 kb/s (download finish in less than 9 minutes)
Last, my account on IDM website showed that when my internet download manager queue was running non- stop 15 mintes ago, i downloaded 252 MB in 32 min (average speed: 131 kb/s)

Any explanation?

The MBs downloaded at the time you see are not accurate because sometimes a 100mb file downloaded at 1P.M can be added to the 3 P.M files rather than 1. It's normal, always happens with me.
As for the speedtest, my speed is as yours I don't know why, I'll be calling them after a while to see what's the problem.

#73 July 2 2014

kfc

gamer4life wrote:
kfc wrote:
NickTheQuick wrote:

I was just rereading the policy they stated on their website. I noticed if you read the first paragraph you'll know what NickTheQuick means.
The statement says that you can use the internet as often as you want, for as long as you want during the publicized UNLIMITED period. So that means the UNLIMITED period is truly unlimited. Of course it's normal to counter speed loss between 11 P.M and 1 A.M because almost everyone will be downloading at that time, and we are using shared bandwidth.
The FUP as stated applies during given periods, which are like between 3-5 P.M and after 9 P.M. Because when I used to call them at like 9 P.M to complain about a noticeable speed reduction, they would tell me it's normal because it's peak time.
I know this doesn't seem logic given that we pay for the 40GB or whatever we take and we have the right to consume it like we want, but this is what they see as being fair to all users who like wants to open Facebook at 10 P.M but the pictures aren't loading because another person is heavily downloading a file.
So I don't think the statement on the website is inaccurate. It is stated just like they want it.
That's why I think the unlimited plans are easily FUP'd, seeing the FUP applies daytime not between 11 -7.

i dont think so because they start their fair use policy by defining UNLIMITED ACCESS / UNLIMITED TRAFFIC!!!

Last edited by kfc (July 2 2014)

#74 July 2 2014

gamer4life

sailor wrote:
gamer4life wrote:
eliosassine wrote:

normal plan is just fine like before
i had 2mb 10gb now its 2mb 40gb
my download 240-260kps on internet download manager
my ping to google 90ms 93ms
still same like before

Can you please tell us your speed now?

#75 July 2 2014

gamer4life

kfc wrote:

i dont think so because they start their fair use policy by defining UNLIMITED ACCESS / UNLIMITED TRAFFIC!!!

And....? Please explain more what you mean.

Board footer