LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 April 23 2014

Badieh

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

ESO Launcher is giving me a hard time. Whenever I launch it, it gets stuck at loading forever...I've tried everything on the net and still can't seem to find a fix for it. :(

Yesterday It was working normally, I was patching 13gb, downloaded 3gb and then had to go work, so I paused the launcher and closed everything. When I came back, it won't let me continue, just sits there at Loading...

#52 April 24 2014

Badieh

I have tried almost everything to get the launcher to work. It never did. Gets stuck on "Loading" screen forever. After a day and a half of trying almost everything there is on the internet, I finally gave up ... :'( *sigh*

#53 April 26 2014

Badieh

If anyone got a clean patched game client, and got the time to meet up for me to copy them to my external. I'll be grateful.

#54 April 26 2014

Duath

Badieh wrote:

If anyone got a clean patched game client, and got the time to meet up for me to copy them to my external. I'll be grateful.

I can do that

#55 April 26 2014

Badieh

Duath wrote:
Badieh wrote:

I can do that

Thanks a lot!  Sent you a PM.

#56 April 27 2014

ali.ba

Badieh wrote:
Duath wrote:
Badieh wrote:

I can do that

Thanks a lot!  Sent you a PM.

Did it work?

#57 April 30 2014

Badieh

We finally found a workaround for the stupid stuck Launcher at "Loading". It was a routing problem. The solution is simple, download Ultrasurf and run it before the launcher. Problem solved :). However, close it before running eso.exe.

#58 May 2 2014

Danzy

Hi,

1- Has anyone tried to buy the imperial (pre paid) version from kinguin.net ?
2- Is there any possible to get the pre paid version in Lebanon ? If yes, then where ?
3- Where is it possible to purchase the regular version ?
4- Sorry if I missed a reply that might contain an answer to one of these following questions. Sue me for being tired to read >.>

Danke.

#59 May 2 2014

Badieh

Danzy wrote:

Hi,

1- Has anyone tried to buy the imperial (pre paid) version from kinguin.net ?
2- Is there any possible to get the pre paid version in Lebanon ? If yes, then where ?
3- Where is it possible to purchase the regular version ?
4- Sorry if I missed a reply that might contain an answer to one of these following questions. Sue me for being tired to read >.>

Danke.

1-2- I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "pre paid version". You mean Digital edition? If that's the case then it doesn't matter from which website you buy it from (eso main website, pcandparts, etc...), as long as you don't mind downloading 30gb for the client. I never tried kinguin.net, so can't help you there.

3- If by regular version you mean the standard edition retail box (DVDs), then Nino has one for 80$. Phone: 01739999. Not sure about Virgin Megastore, you can check.

I don't know anyone in Lebanon that sells the Imperial edition retail box, but I believe it would be quite expensive. Unlike the digital copies, you end up paying extra for the shipment of the hard copies.

Hope that answered your questions to some extent.

#60 May 2 2014

Danzy

Sadly Nino has no more copies, and virgin said till summer :( 
Does anyone have a patched version of the game ? So that i'll be only missing the key (which i'll eventually buy online)

#61 May 3 2014

Badieh

I currently have a patched game if you are willing to pass by downtown beirut, monday to friday at 2 pm. However it is a US client, tried to switch it to EU but screwed things up. So I'm stuck with US for now.

PM me before hand if you decide to meet up!

Last edited by Badieh (May 3 2014)

#62 May 3 2014

ali.ba

Badieh where can we meet you at 2 PM?

If I get the game from you, all that's left is the Serial Number (CD Key) right? Which I can get for 60$ from PCandPARTS, right? So how is the game? It's fast on Lebanese Internet?

#63 May 5 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:

Badieh where can we meet you at 2 PM?

If I get the game from you, all that's left is the Serial Number (CD Key) right? Which I can get for 60$ from PCandPARTS, right? So how is the game? It's fast on Lebanese Internet?

Hey Ali!

I'll PM you my phone number, we can talk on whatsapp.

Yes, once you have the client, all you need is the serial number to activate your account, however you need to make sure you have a payment method for the account to be fully activated. Be it Credit Card, Debit Card, or pre-paid card. The game is fine, sometimes I encounter some lag or lag spikes, considering the server is in the US. Just remember the client is US as well.

#64 May 6 2014

bermudapineapple

I watched Joe's Angry review and he said the game is completely not worth it and very average. Any truth to that?

#65 May 7 2014

Badieh

tt400 wrote:

I watched Joe's Angry review and he said the game is completely not worth it and very average. Any truth to that?

Well, not worth it in what sense? So far I'm level 19 and I'm having a blast! I'll tell you the ups and downs that I found so far.

Pros:
1- Questing: Quite enjoyable. Just like elder scrolls series. Your questing affects the area around you. Unlike the usual MMOs where they ask you to kill x number or bring y number of items. ESO questing got nice interesting stories behind them.
2- Crafting: For the first time ever, I feel like crafting is quite useful while leveling, and you can craft the best items in game.
3- Achievements: Just the way I love it, lots of small stuff to do. Some are large, like 200 types of enemy or so, but most of them are like exploring areas, finding lorebooks, doing dungeons, pvping, and such. Very fun if you were an achievement whore like myself.
4- Class: You can be whatever you want. A sorcerer tank, or a dragon knight healer. You do need to work for it though. Love the diversity.
5- Updates: The team is working hard to fix all the bugs and make the game smoother, not only that, they are delivering new contents soon! Such as Dyes, adventure areas, and raids.
6- Exploring: This is where the fun comes, lots of stuff to explore, world bosses to defeat, and opened gates to close.

Cons:
1- Combat Animation: Feels a bit heavy and cloggy. Should be addressed in the next upcoming patch.
2- Death is punishing: When you die, the repair cost is a bit much, plus you either need a soul gem to resurrect or you are bound to resurrect at the nearest wayshrine.
3- Resources nodes and chests are not instanced: This means first come first served. I didn't like this at first, but then they become abundant. So it is fine.

This is a summary of what I found so far, didn't do pvp yet, so I can't judge that.

#66 May 7 2014

ali.ba

Badieh after your review I assure you that I'll be contacting you soon, 2 jobs + a project + exams are preventing me from even sleeping! Nshallah by the end of this month I'll join the game.

#67 May 9 2014

ramy58

If anyone is interested, Nino games is selling the collector's edition : https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nino-Gam … 6432845439

#68 May 9 2014

ali.ba

ramy58 does this contain the full game or digital download? I will be near Nino games tomorrow so I'll pass by.

#69 May 9 2014

ramy58

It must be the full game because a collector's edition always has the game disc in it. I mean why would you pay 100+$ if there is no game disc in it anyway.

#70 May 10 2014

gamingindex

i bought this game and finished downloading today , for those who need the game files  pm me your number to arrange a meeting in order to give you the game files

#71 May 12 2014

ali.ba

I walked 1 hour today to find Nino Games, and guess what? no more standard edition available, only Imperial.

#72 June 27 2014

Badieh

Just in case anyone experienced this before. I found a workaround if your launcher is stalling once ~2MB files are being downloaded, and giving a "webgetrequest failed" message. In the same folder where the launcher is found, there is a log file. You need to open the one with no number next to it (Means the current one). Scroll to the bottom. You will read a message saying timeout reached, and next to it is a link. Copy that link and paste it into your browser. This will invoke the download of the file. Once downloaded, copy it and move it to the patch folder inside the vo_en folder.

PS: I'm not home, so I don't remember the exact names of the folders/files. But hope it gave you a hint.

#73 July 12 2014

alyhijazi

Hi guys, i recently bought the key from kinguin but this slow connection is killing me, i need like a week to download the game and only between 11pm and 7am.. Does someone who has the full updated game help? I really need the game and my subscription days are being spent.. If someone who has it can meet up with me ill be more than grateful.

#74 July 29 2014

Pride - The Gamer

You guys are still playing? I am trying to get it.

I PMed Badieh, Hopefully I can join up.

#75 July 31 2014

alyhijazi

Still wanna play and can't get it.. i can't find the digital copy of the game to buy it. I went to virgin megastore, nino, contacted pcandparts and they all don't have it. If anyone can help in any way ill be grateful.

Board footer