LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 March 12 2014

nosense

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

geekevo wrote:

Question, you have to pay a monthly subscription AND buy the game. That is unbelievable and could be the downfall of the game, was thinking of  giving it a look but no way in hell now.

Same here I think this is a ripoff

#27 March 12 2014

Badieh

aliessayli2 wrote:

If I order the game online -> I download 20GB?

yes

If I pre-order the game from PCandPARTS -> I get a DVD(or more) or I download 20GB?

Pcandparts often doesn't have a hard copy so you have to download it

If I wait for it to reach Lebanon -> I get a DVD(or more) + I lose preorder privileges.

yes

Now about Master Cards, can I get one from a bank without having a bank account?

No, you can get a pre paid internet card that can be 50$ , 100$ or likewise

Pretty much he answered all of them.

Just to add on the prepaid internet card, you can also order an internet card from any bank, no account required, for example I have the Websurfer card, you can add any amount you want to it later on. Card renewal costs 12$ on a yearly basis.

#28 March 12 2014

ali.ba

Great then! I will ask PCandPARTS if I will get a hard copy, if yes then I'll buy it, if no then I'll wait for it.

Concerning the 15$ monthly fee, guys it's worth it, you will see, Swords, Axes, Bows, Magic, Dungeons, Caves, Crafting, Blacksmithing, Enchanting, Potions, Armor, Light Armor, Heavy Armor, Rare Armor, Rare Items, Rare Weapons, Stealing, Cooking, Food, Wine, Beer, Books, Scrolls, Dragon Shouts (?), Horses, Fighting on Horses, Marriage, Orphans, Houses, Lands, Guards, Stewards, Explore Together, Fight Together, Experience, Level up, Map as Big as Tamriel (Much Bigger than Skyrim!!!), all this will occupy me for the next 5 years minimum! (With Updates).

#29 March 12 2014

Raficoo

Can't wait for this week's test, will finally be able to play on EU this time(played on NA the last time cuz that was the only available server at the time), I also missed the last 3rd test since I couldn't download the 21GB client, but kept downloading it for the NA test, and now there's about a 3GB patch for this weekend's test, should be fun!

#30 March 13 2014

ali.ba

When I asked PCandPARTS about getting the hard copy for the 60$ that I will pay for them, this was their answer : " We can provide with the key only for the moment " <--- ? 60$ for a key?

#31 March 13 2014

ramy58

Anybody want a key ? I got another one. Just PM me.

#32 March 14 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:

When I asked PCandPARTS about getting the hard copy for the 60$ that I will pay for them, this was their answer : " We can provide with the key only for the moment " <--- ? 60$ for a key?

Ali, in most MMOs, the price you pay is for the account. The client is usually free to download. The Key you get is actually buying the digital copy of the game. Thus, no DVD. Surprisingly enough, the price doesn't vary much between the digital copy and the retail product. It all depends whether you want to have an early start + pre-order privileges, or not.

#33 March 14 2014

ali.ba

Badieh wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

Ali, in most MMOs, the price you pay is for the account. The client is usually free to download. The Key you get is actually buying the digital copy of the game. Thus, no DVD. Surprisingly enough, the price doesn't vary much between the digital copy and the retail product. It all depends whether you want to have an early start + pre-order privileges, or not.

Tayeb what about the download? I can only download from 11PM to 7AM (actually it's 6AM), 20GB would take like....4-5 days, but what I'm worried about is the ability of not being able to pause and continue the download, how is it downloaded? through a client software or normal?

#34 March 14 2014

ramy58

It's through a client software and you can pause the download. Although this laucher isbuggy and their servers are not really good. Maybe they'll fix it.

#35 March 15 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:
Badieh wrote:
ali.bassam wrote:

Tayeb what about the download? I can only download from 11PM to 7AM (actually it's 6AM), 20GB would take like....4-5 days, but what I'm worried about is the ability of not being able to pause and continue the download, how is it downloaded? through a client software or normal?

I actually don't know if they will open up the ability to start downloading before releasing the game. I know what you mean. The way most MMOs work is you download a small setup, which is the launcher. This launcher is responsible for downloading your files, checking whether you are missing any files, or the need to repair the client for any corrupted files. Some launchers are way better than others in the sense that you won't get any corrupted files if you pause, hopefully this one will be good.

#36 March 15 2014

gamingindex

i played the beta and honestly i think skyrim is much better

#37 March 16 2014

ramy58

gamingindex wrote:

Have you tried the pvp ? Some people say it's awesome.

#38 March 18 2014

Badieh

gamingindex wrote:

The first 10 levels are nothing like the rest, or so I read.

#39 March 24 2014

ali.ba

on AMAZON, if you check this page : http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Onl … lls+online

You will see that's there's 2 buttons: PC , and, PC Download.

And if you go to the details of PC, they put DVD-ROM. Is this the full game? 20 GB?

Anyone ordered from Amazon before? delivery costs?(off-topic)

#40 March 25 2014

AvoK95

ali.bassam wrote:

on AMAZON, if you check this page : http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Onl … lls+online

You will see that's there's 2 buttons: PC , and, PC Download.

And if you go to the details of PC, they put DVD-ROM. Is this the full game? 20 GB?

Anyone ordered from Amazon before? delivery costs?(off-topic)

I've tried buying games from Amazon before, turns out you can't because region locks.

#41 April 4 2014

Badieh

Anyone knows if Nino or Virgin getting the game soon?

#42 April 5 2014

gamingindex

hey guys i recommend buying games from kinguin.net using cashu(it is so easy in lebanon to get cashu),i ordered many games from that site and i will preorder   TES online from there

#43 April 11 2014

ali.ba

Guys I will get this game from any store I don't care, I just want a solution for to download the whole game :(

#44 April 12 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:

Guys I will get this game from any store I don't care, I just want a solution for to download the whole game :(

hehehehe I'm stuck as well. I don't want to buy a digital copy, and spend 6 days downloading the game, then to learn that one of the stores got the retail copy of the game. However, I've asked Nino and Virgin the past Monday, neither had a definitive answer.

#45 April 17 2014

Duath

any Ebonheart pack members here ?

#46 April 17 2014

Badieh

Duath wrote:

any Ebonheart pack members here ?

Still waiting on Virgin Megastore to get the retail version. Hopefully soon enough.

#47 April 21 2014

Badieh

Nino just told me he has the retail game product for 80$.

#48 April 21 2014

Duath

great, hope to see some lebanese in the game  i fell kinda lonely

Last edited by Duath (April 21 2014)

#49 April 21 2014

ali.ba

Badieh wrote:

Retail Game Product = The Full 20 GB Game on DVD(s)?

If yes, will you buy it, should I buy it?

#50 April 22 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:
Badieh wrote:

Retail Game Product = The Full 20 GB Game on DVD(s)?

If yes, will you buy it, should I buy it?

Basically that's it, I did even emphasize that it isn't a digital copy, he confirmed. I'm currently on a tight schedule because of real life responsibilities, but I'll try to pass today to check it and get it.

Board footer