LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 February 4 2014

Badieh

Elder Scrolls Online

How many of you will be playing this game? :)

I personally can't wait for it to be released!

#2 February 4 2014

ballad

Re: Elder Scrolls Online

I don't think online games with monthly subscriptions will have a share in the current f2p market.
And considering the huge budget of this game, I think it will fail

#3 February 4 2014

Badieh

I'm currently paying a subscription fee to play SWTOR, mind you, I have a GW2 account. Buy 2 play and Free 2 play games simply suck. I'd rather pay 15$ a month, and get everything, rather than paying 10$ for a freaking unlimited mine-pick or axe.

I personally am optimistic, especially if the devs were up to the challenge and kept it as much bug-free as possible.

#4 February 4 2014

riqmarmes

f2p games are more successful in terms of economy, check out Loadout, new f2p game. Not pay to win, same concept as mobas.
They don't suck, probably the ones you know suck. Most pay to play games get boring.

Last edited by riqmarmes (February 4 2014)

#5 February 4 2014

geekevo

I'n with ballad, why not play any of the other F2P mmos or maybe even WoW instead of this? It really doesn't seem to offer much more the 1st person mediocre at best and they really haven't shown anything to break the mold. Even though i like the universe it still isn't enough to make me buy or even like it. I thought GW2 would have been a huge success turns out I was wrong.

#6 February 4 2014

rtp

i highly recommend Tera for gameplay, the story sucks tho

#7 February 5 2014

Badieh

riqmarmes wrote:

f2p games are more successful in terms of economy, check out Loadout, new f2p game. Not pay to win, same concept as mobas.
They don't suck, probably the ones you know suck. Most pay to play games get boring.

Just think that there is nothing free in life, if those F2P games got subscription in them, then those subscribers would get a HUGE advantage over you, such as SWTOR/LOTRO/Age of Wulin/RIFT. Otherwise why would people bother to subscribe? On the other hand, if the F2P got no subscription, but instead an item shop, you might end up with a pay to win system, such as Metin2. I know there are a lot of "small" F2P MMOs that might not have a P2W system, but they offer very limited content:
1- Good PvP, Bad PvE
2- Good PvE bad PvP
3- Small Maps
4- Bad Achievement System.
etc...

geekevo wrote:

I'n with ballad, why not play any of the other F2P mmos or maybe even WoW instead of this? It really doesn't seem to offer much more the 1st person mediocre at best and they really haven't shown anything to break the mold. Even though i like the universe it still isn't enough to make me buy or even like it. I thought GW2 would have been a huge success turns out I was wrong.

I've played WoW, RIFT, LOTRO, SWTOR, Age of Wulin, GW2 and even Metin2. I hate the concept of free 2 play because you end up paying for cosmetic stuff that would cost you more than a monthly subscription. From the way you are talking, I would say you are not a big fan of Elder Scrolls series. Just the idea of experiencing a new content from Elder Scrolls is good enough for me. Guild Wars 2 is a huge failure in my opinion. Why?
1- New stupid event every two weeks, so if you are an achievement geek like myself, you would feel burnt out soon enough. But that's not all, new contents means new bugs, and with new bugs it makes having some achievements even tougher, however, they wont extent the duration of the event to compensate for their lack of testing.
2- Achievement system that extremely lacks any motivation. If you grind for months to get a legendary weapon, you gain 5 Achievement points, where as if you do your dailies that takes an hour to finish, you get 15 Achievement points.
3- No world pvp other than WvW, and this is basically considered a zergfest.
4- Instanced PvP is just a grind with the same flavor battlegrounds, with little to no gain other than cosmetic crap.
5- No Raids
6- Bad decisions that led to economical inflation.
7- Wasting time on temporary content instead of building new good content.

So yeah, I basically play a game well enough before I judge it.

#8 February 5 2014

Badieh

rtp wrote:

i highly recommend Tera for gameplay, the story sucks tho

No way I'd play a game with bad story.

#9 February 6 2014

geekevo

I never really played GW2 waited for it to get off the ground and build a strong player base. Never really happened, my point is I am not buying the game just because it has elder scrolls in its name. I feel they are killing the elder scrolls series with an MMO do you really want an ESMMO? Wouldn't you just rather have a cool coop or 4 man team Elder scrolls 6? The story of ES online is also iffy portals opening to another dimension isn't that oblivion?

#10 February 7 2014

mohammadk97

I just got my beta invitation, but sadly I won't be able to play it, since its a 22 gb download and this beta test will end on monday :( Did any one else get an invitation, I heard Bethesda sent out a huge batch of keys.

#11 February 9 2014

Badieh

geekevo wrote:

I never really played GW2 waited for it to get off the ground and build a strong player base. Never really happened, my point is I am not buying the game just because it has elder scrolls in its name. I feel they are killing the elder scrolls series with an MMO do you really want an ESMMO? Wouldn't you just rather have a cool coop or 4 man team Elder scrolls 6? The story of ES online is also iffy portals opening to another dimension isn't that oblivion?

I don't know about you, but I'd love nothing more than to try that game once it is released. In case I don't like it, so be it, I'll leave it, but we can't judge it before trying it. I know for certain it won't have a lore worse than RIFT, and it won't have a pvp worse than GW2. Yet, I've played those two games for more than 6 months nonstop each. I'm still playing SWTOR because of the theme, loving a title means more than you think :). People are being skeptical because they don't want to place high hopes when the game comes live.

I just know as soon as Virgin (or any other store) gets the game, I'll be the first to buy it

#12 February 9 2014

hackable?

mohammadk97 wrote:

I just got my beta invitation, but sadly I won't be able to play it, since its a 22 gb download and this beta test will end on monday :( Did any one else get an invitation, I heard Bethesda sent out a huge batch of keys.

I did, on 2 emails. Though i didn't use any for the same reason as yours

#13 February 14 2014

bermudapineapple

I watched some beta gameplay. If its PVP isn't insanely unique and immersive, this game is going to flop. The PVE is just a watered down version of TES 5.

#14 February 14 2014

gamingindex

i am downloading the beta, 4gb left

#15 February 15 2014

shant

i was downloading mine as well when it suddenly stopped saying it can't connect to the server, anyone else having this problem? is it because the 3 day beta ended ?

#16 February 17 2014

Badieh

I think it is the case Shant. You can only play during the beta sessions, after that you can't connect.

This is to all the doomsayers:
1- A lot of people have confirmed that once you overcome the first 10 levels, the game will hook you up immensely.Many of the reports done were just as a first impression with a prejudiced mentality.
2- This isn't a MMO that would bring a lot of new features onto the table. This is basically to let all the Elder Scrolls Fans play together in one big world. I mean how many of you wouldn't love going back to visit old areas?
3- PVE: No one really saw any real end game action. So we can't judge so soon.
4- PVP: Having one huge open area for pvp is quite interesting. This of course is way better than GW2 3 world pvp maps, and you won't have people nagging they are being ganked where they level up. Of course unless they decide to level up in Cyrodiil which is an option as well.

Last edited by Badieh (February 17 2014)

#17 February 26 2014

squad81

I got an invite to the last test but couldn't download, now I got one to the next and can't download either. The PvP looks really interesting though and I'm pretty hyped.

#18 March 9 2014

Opeth

Currently downloading the beta, my internet is horrible so it may take a while.

#19 March 11 2014

ali.ba

Hey guys, I played Skyrim and I fell in love with it, and when I heard there will be a "Skyrim Online Version" I got even more excited, anyway, I know both games have been developed at the same time by 2 different teams, but I wanna buy ESO, I contacted PCandPARTS yesterday, they told me that I can preorder it for 60$.

This will be my first online (original) game, so actually I know nothing about this world, how to pay for monthly fee, how to how to how to, I know nothing.

So any tips from someone who will get this game will be much appreciated! plus if there's another way to get this game other than PCandPARTS, please inform me.

Last edited by ali.ba (March 11 2014)

#20 March 11 2014

ramy58

I was lucky enough to get a beta key for the beta from 14-17 march, from jeuxvideo.com (if you're french you should know what this website is ^^), but guess what :  do you remember the beta for titanfall that weighed 12 GB ? Well this beta is 22 GB.

#21 March 12 2014

Badieh

ali.bassam wrote:

Hey guys, I played Skyrim and I fell in love with it, and when I heard there will be a "Skyrim Online Version" I got even more excited, anyway, I know both games have been developed at the same time by 2 different teams, but I wanna buy ESO, I contacted PCandPARTS yesterday, they told me that I can preorder it for 60$.

This will be my first online (original) game, so actually I know nothing about this world, how to pay for monthly fee, how to how to how to, I know nothing.

So any tips from someone who will get this game will be much appreciated! plus if there's another way to get this game other than PCandPARTS, please inform me.

Hello Ali, good to hear you've taken interest in the game.

There are usually two ways to pay the monthly fee:
1 - Prepaid cards (Sometimes hard to come by in our Country).
2 - Master Card. Safest is to get an internet card, where you place money in it only for internet use. This way in case it gets stolen, you won't lose much. You can also get a credit card and order a low limit, 100 or 200$, but make sure you pay the amount back before the end of the month or you will be charged with interest.

As for ordering the game, you can order it directly from the site http://elderscrollsonline.com/en-uk/ if you have a master card. Otherwise PCandParts offers payment upon delivery.

EDIT TO ADD: You can also wait for the retail product to reach Lebanon, this way you won't need to download the whole 20+ GB, you would only be required to download the patch. However, you would lose any pre-order privileges, plus takes sometime to get here.

Last edited by Badieh (March 12 2014)

#22 March 12 2014

ali.ba

Thanks Badieh for your reply, let me correct my information:

If I order the game online -> I download 20GB?
If I pre-order the game from PCandPARTS -> I get a DVD(or more) or I download 20GB?
If I wait for it to reach Lebanon -> I get a DVD(or more) + I lose preorder privileges.

Now about Master Cards, can I get one from a bank without having a bank account?

THANKS.

#23 March 12 2014

geekevo

Question, you have to pay a monthly subscription AND buy the game. That is unbelievable and could be the downfall of the game, was thinking of  giving it a look but no way in hell now.

#24 March 12 2014

ali.ba

geekevo wrote:

Question, you have to pay a monthly subscription AND buy the game. That is unbelievable and could be the downfall of the game, was thinking of  giving it a look but no way in hell now.

This subject has been discussed a lot online, most convincing answer that I got, is that F2P games MAKE YOU PAY to get new updates, etc... So why not pay 15$ a month.. sounds better, plus the developers want their salaries when they provide these new updates, haram.

Last edited by ali.ba (March 12 2014)

#25 March 12 2014

nosense

If I order the game online -> I download 20GB?

yes

If I pre-order the game from PCandPARTS -> I get a DVD(or more) or I download 20GB?

Pcandparts often doesn't have a hard copy so you have to download it

If I wait for it to reach Lebanon -> I get a DVD(or more) + I lose preorder privileges.

yes

Now about Master Cards, can I get one from a bank without having a bank account?

No, you can get a pre paid internet card that can be 50$ , 100$ or likewise

Board footer