LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#126 February 2 2014

AVOlio

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

rtwo2008 wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

@MrClass
Anyway.
I have this item that has never Left China.
http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af309/avoakrabian/12_zps2abe9bff.png

I got a full refund for it.

You will eventually receive it.

I received my item exactly 2 months after the date of the "Departure from outward office of exchange", but I also had opened a dispute and got a full refund. (And during all this time, tracking the package through Libanpost website always resulted in NO DATA, even in the day before I received it).

Therefore, I then transferred the money to the guy in China using OMT/Western Union. The items were worth 140$, the transfer fee cost me 22$.

Hmmm Why did you do that?
I would not have paid them.
You think they will know if the items come after months after a dispute and a refund??
How did you end up paying for them,was it because of your good intention towards the seller, or he contacted you to pay back?

Plus my items are like 23$ worth, not that big.

#127 February 3 2014

rtwo2008

AVOlio wrote:

Hmmm Why did you do that?
I would not have paid them.
You think they will know if the items come after months after a dispute and a refund??
How did you end up paying for them,was it because of your good intention towards the seller, or he contacted you to pay back?

Plus my items are like 23$ worth, not that big.

Yes good intentions, it was not his fault, China Post broke down for everyone during November-December 2013.

#128 February 4 2014

AVOlio

Im finally going to receive my Items guys.
2 orders!
Guy from LibanPost called me today,that he came by our house and no one was home. Hes gonna come again tomorrow.
Funny thing, he started talking Armenian to me, when he saw my name. I just love it when that happens haha

#129 February 5 2014

solo220

AVOlio I think your going to receive one of them only.

#130 February 5 2014

AVOlio

solo220 wrote:

AVOlio I think your going to receive one of them only.

Why do you think that? :/
I asked him how many orders you have for me, he said two.

Bah,update:
Either they didnt come at my house today also. or they came so early!
I will just go to the Sin el Fil branch tomorrow to grab my stuff.

#131 February 5 2014

solo220

Well you posted earlier a tracking number rb830883845cn which arrived yesterday and today had been sent to baalbeck according to Liban Post website but maybe it's just a coincidence or you had been given a tracking number for another customer in baalbeck.

#132 February 6 2014

AVOlio

So Guys.
I Went At Liban Post Jdaideh and Finally got my orders.
The First two orders.
And even the guy told me,that just today, the items that i got refunded for,arrived today. So i got those too.

@rtwo2008  I dont think i will repay the seller though

#133 February 6 2014

xAzarian

AVOlio wrote:

So Guys.
The First two orders.
And even the guy told me,that just today, the items that i got refunded for,arrived today. So i got those too.

After 2 months you received the items?

#134 February 6 2014

AVOlio

Since November, and early December!

#135 February 6 2014

xAzarian

AVOlio wrote:

Wow! Well I'll have to wait more. Do you think I should extend the delivery expiry date if I don't receive the items within the initial deadline? I'm just wondering how other guys in other countries receive the items in 10 days via Chinese Post!

#136 February 6 2014

AVOlio

xAzarian wrote:
AVOlio wrote:

Wow! Well I'll have to wait more. Do you think I should extend the delivery expiry date if I don't receive the items within the initial deadline? I'm just wondering how other guys in other countries receive the items in 10 days via Chinese Post!

Yes, always extend the delivery expiry date.
Since it hits 5 days remaining. Request to extend the delivery date. Otherwise your money will be paid to the seller without you having the item.

Its just Lebanon, thats why!

#137 February 7 2014

Hajj

AVOlio wrote:

So Guys.
The First two orders.

I might be a bit too conservative, but I fail to understand why you wouldn't repay the seller.
You actually did receive your items, even though delayed.
And unless the delay caused you serious financial or health distress, one could easily call this theft... Especially that he had no control whatsoever over the delivery and that he stood by his product nonetheless...
Try to imagine the a situation where you are the seller and him the buyer and tell me if you still think it's fair not to repay him.

#138 February 7 2014

MrClass

Guys how do I track my items that are being shipped by singapore mail? I got a tracking number, but once I put it to track my items, I get a message saying I have to wait 24 hours for items to appear in list. I have been trying for the last 4 days.

#139 February 8 2014

nas93

Hey guys, did anyone ever experience FedEx/UPS/DHL? What is the best for low taxes?

#140 February 10 2014

MrClass

Hello everyone. How do I track my items that are being shipped by singapore post? I got a tracking number, but once I put it to track my items, I get a message saying I have to wait 24 hours for items to appear in list. I have been trying for the last 7 days.

#141 February 10 2014

AVOlio

MrClass wrote:

Hello everyone. How do I track my items that are being shipped by singapore post? I got a tracking number, but once I put it to track my items, I get a message saying I have to wait 24 hours for items to appear in list. I have been trying for the last 7 days.

Try this  Or  this.

#142 February 10 2014

MrClass

Both gave me not found. The code finishes with SG (not CN). What else can I try?

#143 February 10 2014

rtwo2008

China New Year vacation ended today, most people were on leave. You should try in the next 2 days.

#144 February 10 2014

solo220

@MrClass if you still can't find tracking information then it's time to contact the seller maybe the number had some errors or it's fake.
but i had such problem once and the solution in my case was to try more then once in a row and sometimes the service is unavailable but they still display the 24 hour message 8-( .
EDIT: just after this post i clicked the red Track Item button about 8 times before getting the info's.

Last edited by solo220 (February 10 2014)

#145 February 11 2014

MrClass

Thanks solo220. Another question, I made another order and this time the sender wants from me a zip code. Any idea what is the zip code for Lebanon-Beirut-Mazraa area?

#146 February 11 2014

chosen2k

@MrClass call libanpost and ask for the zicode

#147 February 11 2014

MrClass

Yes I just called them. They gave me the postal code of my building.

The number is 01629629 ext 1525. Call that to get your postal code (you will have to supply your whole address).

#148 February 22 2014

m_zeid

EDITED:
such tools are prohibited, just watch a video on youtube to know how dangerous they are and what a nightmare they are if imported to lebanon.
this is a hell no merchandise, sorry for posting this at first place

Last edited by m_zeid (March 3 2014)

#149 February 23 2014

xAzarian

Guys , I ordered an item exactly 2 months ago and I extended the purchase protection for 10 days , the tracking site is still showing transporting. Is this normal for Lebanon?

#150 February 23 2014

AVOlio

Yup just keep waiting xAzarian,
And continue extending the delivery date when its near to finish.

Board footer