LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 16 2014

Silentcontrol

Google Wallet in Lebanon

Hey guys ,
anyone has an idea about when will google wallet be available in lebanon ?

#2 January 16 2014

Nabs

Re: Google Wallet in Lebanon

What do you mean by available?

#3 January 17 2014

jsaade

you are unable to sign up as a merchant yet if that is what you mean

#4 January 17 2014

Nabs

Ah, not going to happen any time soon then. Sorry,

#5 January 17 2014

AnTo

#6 September 6 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

I want to sell a camera item to France, as we don't have paypal I think Google wallet is the best safe and secure system no?
Is it working in Lebanon now?

#7 September 7 2016

Mero55

vegetaleb wrote:

I want to sell a camera item to France, as we don't have paypal I think Google wallet is the best safe and secure system no?

Hey!
All semi-virtual wallets are banned in Lebanon, hence you cant use PayPal, Apple Pay or any other similar service such as Google wallet, and that has to do with the regulations in this country. So no, it isn't working and won't work anytime soon.

BTW I say semi-virtual because you can still use completely virtual wallets like BitCoin because these aren't within reach of the authorities.

#8 September 7 2016

jazzzar

Guys, i made an android game, it didn't work out well but still made like ~25$, i've put my bank account details in merchant account more than 20 days ago and still received nothing, what can i do?

#9 September 7 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

Mero55 wrote:
vegetaleb wrote:

Hey!
All semi-virtual wallets are banned in Lebanon, hence you cant use PayPal, Apple Pay or any other similar service such as Google wallet, and that has to do with the regulations in this country. So no, it isn't working and won't work anytime soon.

BTW I say semi-virtual because you can still use completely virtual wallets like BitCoin because these aren't within reach of the authorities.

So Lebanese banks are afraid of these virtual competitors so they decided to block us in the past?

#10 September 7 2016

xazbrat

Try skrill or neteller.  You should be able to repatriate the funds without an issue unless you specify gambling, which may lead to a delay.

#11 September 8 2016

Mero55

vegetaleb wrote:

So Lebanese banks are afraid of these virtual competitors so they decided to block us in the past?

Pretty much. Though it is to some extent justifiable because Lebanon's economy is very fragile and losing control over cash flow would be disastrous. Allowing virtual wallets has a huge impact on our economy and how it works - its not an ON/OFF switch (though I wish it was).

#12 September 8 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

So I have to convince the buyer to pay via neteller or skrill, can you use an esurf card to get the money?

#13 September 9 2016

Mero55

vegetaleb wrote:

So I have to convince the buyer to pay via neteller or skrill, can you use an esurf card to get the money?

Yup. Or try bitcoin if its a considerable amount of money - ONLY IF ITS *CONSIDERABLE* AMOUNT OF MONEY cause exchanging is costy and painful  - from what i heard atleast.
OR you could transfer the money through OMT or similar services, but other than that there's not much you can do ( for what I know atleast).
Good Luck!!

#14 September 9 2016

vegetaleb
Banned

It's 200 euros
And yes Lebanese are not fans of photography, that's why I can't find a single buyer for my mirrorless Fujifilm lens.
I am obliged to sell it abroad

#15 September 9 2016

xazbrat

vegetaleb wrote:

You need to get the money either wired into your account or sent to a credit card you can use to withdraw money.  Neteller has a credit card option like esurf (also a virtual one) and skrill is sort of like google wallet and paypal in that it can be used to facilitate a payment.  All your buyer needs is the email account you are using and once paid, you can have it in your account within a few days or on your credit cards almost instantly.

You need to a medium to process your payment and get it to you over here.  I guess you could ask for a cashier's check (bankers acceptance, whatever), but then you incur other risks.  On a side note, see if you can get a friend not in this country to post it on ebay or another site?  At least you will have a larger audience to look at your camera and get a better price.  Of course, there is also a risk in that.

In any case, gl.

Board footer