LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 21 2013

chassis

AliExpress in Lebanon

hello, i have recently come upon this website http://www.aliexpress.com/ , apparently they ship to Lebanon via DHL, some of my friends have tried it. its cheap and shipping fees are ok, what do you think fellow geeks has anyone heard of it ?

PS: they sell PC hardware, phones, watches ... its like the Chinese amazon.

#2 October 21 2013

Nabs

Re: AliExpress in Lebanon

You can ship via regular shipping as well, takes like a month or so, but you have to do a lot of digging to get a deal that is worth it.

#3 October 21 2013

Kareem

I ordered a DAC from this website. All depends on the seller but it was premium one. Price was around $900. Delivery was fast and product was excellent.

They declared $50 invoice to avoid high custom fees.

Last edited by Kareem (October 21 2013)

#4 October 22 2013

rtp

I shipped over 10 items till now.  Quite satisfied with the service. Shipping takes around 2 - 4 weeks to arrive (free shipping)

#5 October 22 2013

Kareem

rtp wrote:

I shipped over 10 items till now.  Quite satisfied with the service. Shipping takes around 2 - 4 weeks to arrive (free shipping)

I got my item within 5 days( DHL ) with no extra charge.

#6 October 22 2013

khanem

i ordered accessories for my xperia ZR from them. Hope it get here without a problem. I know someone who got his order in 2 weeks.

Last edited by khanem (October 22 2013)

#7 October 29 2013

khanem

rtp wrote:

Did you had to deal with customs in Lebanon or it depend on the value of shipped items?

#8 October 29 2013

rtp

I never payed customs i brought: mouse, knife, tea, raspberrypi, pochet, sd card...

#9 October 29 2013

chosen2k

I bought many items through aliexpress.

You need to be careful though and check the feedback/comments left for the item and the seller.

Always communicate with the seller before buying, check their response time and if they are helpful.

Learn when to open disputes and the correct way to handle them. (especially if the tracking number is fake)

Do not ship with DHL, you can always communicate with the seller and ask him to ship through china airmail. (usually free or a super low fee if item weight less than 2kg)

Additionally with DHL you will pay customs no matter what the item is.

I do not recommend buying electronics since sometimes you will pay customs. (3al helleh)

#10 November 1 2013

ali.ba

Those who already bought something through AliExpress, I have some questions, I never bought something online, is there a 100% guarantee that you'll get the thing? The China Air Mail Free Shipping is totally free? 100% free? you don't pay any extra little thing? Do they deliver it right to your house?

#11 November 2 2013

rtp

as chosen2k mentioned, you should try to avoid items that don't have feedback.

China Air Mail is totally free, nothing extra. Yes they deliver it to your house. I never had a problem with an item.

#12 November 3 2013

ironman

i ordered 5 things from ali express via china air mail, will post feedback whenever i receive them.

#13 November 3 2013

Houssam

well I like this watch

I think i'll order it but i'm not sure if they will make me pay customs and taxes and how much i'll have to pay?
I have a bad experience with DHL (ordered computer parts from amazon.com) they made me pay 10% vat + customs ... so the items final price was ~ 160%

#14 November 3 2013

nosense

Houssam wrote:

well I like this watch

I think i'll order it but i'm not sure if they will make me pay customs and taxes and how much i'll have to pay?
I have a bad experience with DHL (ordered computer parts from amazon.com) they made me pay 10% vat + customs ... so the items final price was ~ 160%

if you choose an item that's priced over 150$ you will get the option to ship with DHL with shipping customs of 55$ which is insane
but with china post air mail or Singapore post they state that it's free shipping

my question is will it really take up to 60 days ? !

#15 November 3 2013

Houssam

aliessayli2 wrote:

if you choose an item that's priced over 150$ you will get the option to ship with DHL with shipping customs of 55$ which is insane
but with china post air mail or Singapore post they state that it's free shipping

true, free shipping (so they wont charge me for the shipping cost) but what about "gemrok" ? and VAT ... that's my question i dont wanna order it then i find myself obliged to pay additional fees

#16 November 3 2013

nosense

Houssam wrote:
aliessayli2 wrote:

true, free shipping (so they wont charge me for the shipping cost) but what about "gemrok" ? and VAT ... that's my question i dont wanna order it then i find myself obliged to pay additional fees

i never ordered but thats what rtp said

rtp wrote:

I never payed customs i brought: mouse, knife, tea, raspberrypi, pochet, sd card...

#17 November 7 2013

amkahal

guys, what about ordering car parts, like a steering rack for Mercedes W210 ?? any ideas about customs or additional fees ?

#18 November 8 2013

RyanAn

I'm also thinking about purchasing some items on ali express, fake football jerseys and some kitchen appliances seem like a good idea.

Need more feedback though to know if it's trustworthy

#19 November 8 2013

chosen2k

Guys the website works.

Here's a preview
Profile 1
Profile 2

I assure you, that you will find the same products in the Lebanese market being sold in "respectable" shops and online for 20x the price. (especially girls accessories).

Just be smart read the reviews and what the hell just take a gamble. You do not need to order for 1000$ on your first try, buy something for 5$ and check how the website works.

As for the trustworthy part, Aliexpress is the guy in the middle, the money you pay is being hold by it until you say confirm the order was received.

So in a way what u need to be aware of is whenever things go sour (product not working, wrong tracking number. wrong color of X, etc..)
You directly open a dispute and provide proof then you will get your money back or % of your money back depending on the agreement you reach.

One more thing, once you get into it you will start buying things you never use... ;)

Last edited by chosen2k (November 8 2013)

#20 November 8 2013

Liox5

Exactly .everything is pretty cheap over there.  im about to order  SWAT equipement  ( swat vest,  balaclava, swat eye protection,  knee and elbow protection....) just for fun.  i will never use them but i cannot resist having all these crazy stuff for under 40 bucks. :)

#21 November 8 2013

Liox5

So to be on the safe side,  the search results should be filtered by the number of orders the company has received  accompanied by the buyers' feedback

#22 November 18 2013

natim

It is a safe and save site. but you have to know how to compare between similar items.

#23 November 18 2013

ali.ba

I will buy soon 2 Assassin's Creed Jackets and will post a feedback, a friend told me that Liban Post delivers the items to my home, don't know if it's true.

#24 November 18 2013

thegodfatherdany

There seems to be something wrong with it . I ordered a pair of screen protectors for my phone apart from a small painting map. Has been over 1 month and 3 weeks. That may be because of the floods around the area .Hope the delay is fixed and everything goes back to schedule.

#25 November 18 2013

AVOlio

Im thinking of ordering a 5m LED strip.
I have noticed that there is not a single item which the shipment is made by Aramex.
I wonder how will i get the product when i order it. (The cheapest way is China post air mail, and it takes about 2 months or so)

And other shipping companies are way expensive, 100$+ for items less than 20$ .

Board footer