LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 July 29 2013

tUrG0n

Re: [Programming IRL] Talk proposals

"Design for Geeks"  -- basically, how to understand what UI and UX mean and why they are important for us programmers.

#27 July 31 2013

geezee

Hey everyone,

I have recently found 5,087,139 digits in e (the famous mathematical constant 2.7182818... called after the amazing Euler) in around 13 hours (not very bad) building everything from scratch. Along the way I faced a lot of challenges which I think made me grow wiser as a programmer. Although the challenge itself may be useless but the subchallenges that arise are worth noting.

I would like to share with the community those challenges, some solved but the most not, I have faced and introduce them to the world of mathematical computation and physical simulation (field with almost the same challenges).

So what do you think? I'm not really sure about how the audience will react to a scientific and theoretical talk (I believe many are needed though). I would love to give that talk if many show enthusiasm.

Hopefully the talks will be awesome like last time

#28 May 13 2014

alex.daoud

Hi all,

Sorry for bumping an old topic but I don't see where else to post this apart from making a new topic.

I'm a Ruby on Rails (front and back end), pure Ruby and C hobbyist dev. I work a lot with startups and I'm based in London but I'm actually British/Lebanese and I'm in Lebanon from time to time. I was wondering when or if there are going to be any talks this summer? I'm interested in meeting like minded people and maybe even give a talk myself.

I could talk about anything to do with web development on the Ruby on Rails framework to more obscure things like game development on the Nintendo DS.

#29 May 13 2014

Johnaudi

I second - really interested in doing some meetings soon.

Last edited by Johnaudi (May 13 2014)

#30 May 13 2014

samer
Admin

Hi Alex, nothing is set yet, but there might be an event in July. Stay tuned.

#31 July 5 2014

Johnaudi

Hey, I'm still waiting for July's meeting... Any plans?

#32 July 6 2014

alex.daoud

Johnaudi wrote:

Hey, I'm still waiting for July's meeting... Any plans?

Same here. If there are no plans for a proper meeting maybe some of us can meet up for a coffee or something soon if there are enough people who are interested.

#33 July 7 2014

Ayman

Definitely lets do it.

#34 July 7 2014

GreenM

I'm in too.

#35 July 7 2014

samer
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up John, we're definitely having a meeting. After all, LebGeeks has been around for 10 years this month :)
I'll be sending an email to the mailing list soon.

#36 July 7 2014

Prince

too bad i can't be there cause i moved to another country

#37 June 2 2016

Johnaudi

The meeting two years ago was great. I would enjoy if we're able to include Programming Talks this year as I have something in my mind. (If there is any event this year)

#38 June 2 2016

cnicolaou

Johnaudi wrote:

The meeting two years ago was great. I would enjoy if we're able to include Programming Talks this year as I have something in my mind. (If there is any event this year)

I am not entirely sure if LebGeeks Tech Talks are still happening or not.

We had this event on Monday & we're planning to have another one soon http://www.menaversity.com/activity/48/ … h-Meetup-1

If you have something in mind to present or talk about, i'm happy to put you in touch with the organisers.
--
Costa

Last edited by cnicolaou (June 3 2016)

#39 June 3 2016

Mero55

Hey!

Interesting.....

Last edited by Mero55 (June 3 2016)

#40 June 3 2016

MAD