LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 July 16 2013

xerxes

Logo and printings

Hello guys,

I need to make a Logo and some printings for the company I work for (letterheads, bussiness  cards...) and I need a professional and reliable company (not freelancer) which I can always refer to. I also need to be able to modify the letterhead in word in the future.

what do you think of malik's bookshop for such a job?
any suggestions?

thanks

#2 July 16 2013

rolf

Re: Logo and printings

xerxes wrote:

I need a professional and reliable company (not freelancer) which I can always refer to.

This is a prejudice and it is false and wrong.
If you want advice you must start to remove these pre-conceptions from your mind.
There is no need in giving you advice or sharing one's opinion with you if you start off with such prejudiced beliefs.

#3 July 16 2013

xerxes

rolf wrote:
xerxes wrote:

I need a professional and reliable company (not freelancer) which I can always refer to.

If you want advice you must start to remove these pre-conceptions from your mind.
There is no need in giving you advice or sharing one's opinion with you if you start off with such prejudiced beliefs.

you are right, I apologize. i just read the sentence again and i admit i made a mistake but let me correct that. I meant to say I don't want to work with a freelancer for one simple reason, they are not always there for you. A freelancer doesn't have an office and he might travel at anytime ...be unreachable.... not like a company.

#4 July 16 2013

Nabs

@Xerxes, what exactly do you need?

By the way, I somewhat agree with you. From my personal experience (I'm a freelancer), most freelancers have commitment issues. MOST, NOT ALL. Alas, that problem seems to also be around in companies. How about you lay the project out, see if we could pitch in, maybe at a slightly lower cost and faster pace, and then later, you could hire a company for tweaks?

#5 July 16 2013

xerxes

Thanks NAbs but the guys at the company want to go directly to a company.

If it was my decision i wouldnt hesitate hiring a freelancer.

#6 July 16 2013

rolf

xerxes wrote:
rolf wrote:
xerxes wrote:

you are right, I apologize. i just read the sentence again and i admit i made a mistake but let me correct that. I meant to say I don't want to work with a freelancer for one simple reason, they are not always there for you. A freelancer doesn't have an office and he might travel at anytime ...be unreachable.... not like a company.

No need to apologize!

You might have your opinions and that must be respected, but there are freelancers who are registered, and they're reliable, they earn their living like this, have done so for a while, and would not want it to change - and if they're traveling they can still be reached remotely - this is the life of a freelancer.

Now there are companies who are trying to make big money but they are not doing well at all and might go bankrupt at any time...

Also, if you choose to work with a company, you will usually be assigned to an employee there, who might later leave the company, and will not be reachable, as opposed to the freelancer, typically. companies often have high turnovers! Of course you'd be assigned someone else...

In the end it depends on the case, that's all. Every freelancer and company is different, but if you don't want a freelancer then it's your decision and has to be respected.

I'll send you some info by PM, maybe it will be useful.

Thanks for your apologies anyway.

#7 July 17 2013

xerxes

if any designer here interested in this job please pm me.

Board footer