LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#51 June 11 2013

Elied

Re: Feedback for WISE

I'm using the Wise 3g service, and it's past midnight. I'm not benefiting from unlimited internet after midnight for some reason. Is it unavailable for the 3g service or is it just me ??

#52 June 17 2013

longbit

first of all sorry for being away for such a long time and keeping your request on hold....
@DarkNe0441 i will be very thankful if you please could call our tech team on 1262 extension 1, you will be redirected to an agent who run some test with you and if it's phone solvable you'll the result instantly else we will send some to check it on site also to check the lines for any problems....

@AVOlio i'll see if i can do anything about that.

#53 July 8 2013

longbit

@Elied: No, 3G service is not subject to the night traffic policy.

#54 July 8 2013

AVOlio

@longbit
My application has been paid since the first of this month now, and I've been told by one of sales employee recently that ogero won't start things up because I needed to cancel my account and number from sodetel.
Which I did at the end of the month with sodetel I canceled..
so the employee in Wise asked for the cancellation papers, I contacted Sodetel they said they can't give me a copy of the cancellation papers until the end of this month,  Pfff..
So I talked to the employee at wise again, told her that I can't get the papers until the end of this month.. she said I will try to push your application further to start with ogero since u have cancelled the Internet with sodetel..
And she asked me to email her a copy of the papers as soon as I get it.

Now my request to you, is to make sure that they handle my application as a priority lol and maybe you push them even more..
This is my Dsl number     01/695553.

Update me here, if there is any new updates on my application going on with Wise..
Thanks man.

#55 July 9 2013

longbit

i'll see what i can do despite that i am not very friendly with pushing thingy, but i can always check if the application is being processed as it should.
i'll keep you updated via PM.

#56 September 12 2013

AVOlio

I finally got my internet yesterday !
Latency is not as expected. I was waiting for better results.
Its average is 100-120ms to google.  But BF3 ingame , i have some irritating lags !

I am subscribed with the 1mbps 12GB plan.
It says on the router,  122/1017  kbps (up/down),  shouldnt it be more ?! for the upload speed specially.

#57 September 12 2013

Aly

Depending on the area and CO ping may vary, mine is currently stable 70-80 ms on European BF3 servers but I have some lag at peak times after 11:00, do you have the "irritating lags" all day long ? or just after 11:00 ?

#58 September 12 2013

AVOlio

im getting min 109-110ms  to google.
With sodetel (When the ping was low)  i used to get 90-100ms average interval ! Never reached 70-80ms.
No they occur even in daytime.

Hey, how do i check my monthly usage again ?!
I really forgot all about it when the guy came and set it up. :/

#59 September 12 2013

Aly

just visit, http://wise.net.lb you will get an account summary on the left, no need to login.

#60 October 2 2013

AVOlio

The ping is shit !  I can get into the BF4 Beta servers, if i get it, LAG ! everywhere.
Aly this is all your fault .  You pursued me to go to Wise !
This month will be my last month also , going to Ogero, khalas .

And the upload speed is terrible.

#61 October 2 2013

Aly

Tawwil belak man, my wise connection is running fine here ... I joined the beta yesterday and I had no lag, ping was 85-90 ms maybe there is an issue with your line or something ? anyway its your call after all.

#62 February 5 2014

Nemesis-301

anybody got the unlimited package? what are your speeds? is the ping good?

#63 March 1 2014

longbit

the latency is similar to the limited packages, 100-120 ms to google, as reported by some of the customers the speed is between 70kbps and goes up to 1m sometimes...
as stated, the quality of service in the unlimited plans is 70% of the limited packages... (not sure if i stated it right)
PS: you don't get a public IP with the unlimited plan.

Last edited by longbit (March 1 2014)

#64 March 1 2014

m_zeid

there is an unlimited plan?

#65 March 5 2014

longbit

Yes... it became applicable about a month ago, call the sales department on 1261 for more details.

#66 March 8 2014

z0uz

Hello guys, I'm planing to get the wireless box  for my house in bet chabeb ( on top of the hill) i was wondering if someone in that area have any feedback for me, i checked the map its between fair and good, but the map states above 2 meters from the ground, and i am above 15 m. any ideas of the expected ping?

#67 March 12 2014

longbit

z0uz, bet chabeb should be covered, take a wise box for provisioning but don't refill it, try it, if you get 3 leds and above keep it and use it, also while testing it call the tech support and ask them about the signal on you machine, else you return it and get a refund.

#68 March 12 2014

m_zeid

longbit wrote:

Yes... it became applicable about a month ago, call the sales department on 1261 for more details.

longbit wrote:

the latency is similar to the limited packages, 100-120 ms to google, as reported by some of the customers the speed is between 70kbps and goes up to 1m sometimes...
as stated, the quality of service in the unlimited plans is 70% of the limited packages... (not sure if i stated it right)
PS: you don't get a public IP with the unlimited plan.

yeah my quota just gone somehow and we are still on 12!!
So I called moments ago the sales and what I was told that it is unlimited plan but with lower quality, and when I asked about the FUP she told the policy right now is you get a lower quality by 70% of the current limited plan (stated as you did :) ). And according to your reply I guess it is really only a matter of speed.

But i have a home server that takes care of file serving for documents and others, and I check it up with SSH using no-ip service. So if i will only get a private IP will the no-ip still work?
Another thing do you really have no control over bandwidth? so what, i can run my torrents all day? wouldn't you put me on the black list? come on man i just can't believe this

oh and for others, as i was told for anyone that is currently a client and want to make the move there is a 58$ to be paid.

#69 March 12 2014

m_zeid

maybe an off topic, once upon a time we had a wise gaming zone that was so cool. What happened?

#70 March 13 2014

longbit

@m_ziad no-ip is similar to dyn-dns, it hels in case you have a dynamic yet PUBLIC ip, private ip's wont't work so if you have servers that need to accessed from the internet the unlimited plan is not good for you, plus not only speed would be affected in the FUP, also the latency of the ping etc... and no blacklisting, if you think about it you have already less quality (70% of the limited plan).
let's not fake it, it would be unfair to give you unlimited connection with lower price than those who has the limited plan, yet same quality, it's unfair, so yes it is 30% less quality than a limited plan + no public ip... and we clearly stated it.
true about the fees.
wisezone, wise gaming has retired :( and yes it was awesome, i had a 2ms lag in counter strike

Last edited by longbit (March 13 2014)

#71 May 20 2014

m_zeid

experiencing slow down on speed, ~18K/sec.
anyone else affected too?

@longbit, are you doing any upgrades ?

#72 May 20 2014

Elied

m_zeid wrote:

experiencing slow down on speed, ~18K/sec.
anyone else affected too?

@longbit, are you doing any upgrades ?

I'm also getting speed problems on my WISE box, signal is maxed out and only getting 15K/s, been that way for two says in a row now.

#73 May 21 2014

longbit

@m_zeid you have the wisebox also or DSL? are you still facing the problem?
@Elied did you check the tech support?

#74 May 21 2014

m_zeid

@longbit i have DSL, all good now :)

thanks

#75 May 27 2014

Ruroken

Hey everyone,

I've recently moved from Beirut to Bshamoun and to my surprise the DSL is not an option and the normal Cable sucks big time (as expected), so i've been considering trying the Wise. The thing is i am an online gamer and i wanted to ask you if the latency is decent on the wireless Wise or if it's not suitable for online gaming?

Board footer