LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 December 18 2012

Nabs

Anybody With 3D Animation Experience?

OK, this is a REALLY far pitch, but I'm a dreamer. I want to try to get a Grendizer movie on the big screen. The issue has several strings to be taken care of. I'm working on it. Believe it or not, I managed to get somewhat of a deal. It involves steps. So, first step: Can anyone on this forum create a 2 minute trailer? Moreover, could this anyone go extra length and work pro on the project, should it see the day of light?

#3 December 18 2012

Nabs

Re: Anybody With 3D Animation Experience?

@Gamer, I want someone to create a trailer for me.

#4 December 18 2012

shant

i personally don't know him but "nareg kalenderian" is a self thought 3D artist and he has two animations of his work on his website, it is really amazing from a person who learned all of that by himself!
http://www.naregkalenderian.com/

#5 December 18 2012

Nabs

@Shant, dude, this guy's freaking awesome!! Two thumbs up!

#6 December 18 2012

shant

yes! i heard that he submitted his animations to blizzard entertainment back then and blizzard gave him a 5/5 score, he was supposed to be hired by them but due to being lebanese he was declined, or something like that, i can't quite remember, in his bio he says his goal is to work at blizzard entertainment, awesome!

#7 December 19 2012

Padre

he Declined blizzard ... not the other way around ;)
I Dont think anyone can something decent for free. You will either need a one man team like Nareg, or hire a decent studio. the people that can give you decent quality aren't exactly readily available in this country. If you want the funding, you will need decent work. good luck.

#8 December 19 2012

xterm

Padre wrote:

he Declined blizzard ... not the other way around ;)
I Dont think anyone can something decent for free. You will either need a one man team like Nareg, or hire a decent studio. the people that can give you decent quality aren't exactly readily available in this country. If u want the funding, u will need decent work. good luck.

Is the reel shown on his site truly done solely by him? If so, then I'm speechless.

Would've love to learn 1% of what it takes to do this.

#9 December 19 2012

shant

@padre,do you know him? what is he up to lately ?

@xterm, yes, its done by only him, the music is done by his brother if im not mistaken(they share the same last name), according to credits

Last edited by shant (December 19 2012)

#10 December 19 2012

Nabs

@Xterm, the 1% is easy. Use a computer. There, free consultancy! Hehehe... Just messing, man!

#11 December 19 2012

xterm

Nabs wrote:

@Xterm, the 1% is easy. Use a computer. There, free consultancy! Hehehe... Just messing, man!

At one point I tried using the box modeling concept to model cars in 3DSMax, I got frustrated by failure, perhaps due to the lack of motivation and the resources available to me back then.

Perhaps when I have time i'll get into it again.

I'd love some guidance if anyone has experience.

#12 December 19 2012

Nabs

Well, 3D isn't easy. But still, I'm guessing this Nareg was hugely passionate about it, that he got to that level of skill on his own. Maybe you just like to learn 3D, but not as much he did.

#13 December 19 2012

jsaade

xterm wrote:
Nabs wrote:

At one point I tried using the box modeling concept to model cars in 3DSMax, I got frustrated by failure, perhaps due to the lack of motivation and the resources available to me back then.

Perhaps when I have time i'll get into it again.

I'd love some guidance if anyone has experience.

You are a developer. You will fail.
Technically i can create a character. Model it  skin it. Rig it. Animate it. But it will look like shit.

The difference is that guy is an artist with technical skills.
For example while you would spend a week or so perfecting a parallax occlusion shader, that guy will use any available one online and hack it through with just the right angles to give you an even better illusion.

What i am saying is that you are either born an artist or you arent. And you cannot just learn it.

#14 December 20 2012

Nabs

@Jsaade, I agree that being born with artistic taste make a difference, but I don't think that's the whole matter. I had a friend who sucked at design, even though he took massive courses, read books, got tutorials... But after some months of hard work, he got ahead of the game. No, he designs like he's blessed with the gift.

#15 December 20 2012

jsaade

@Nabs I am not talking about design, that can taught. Design is very very far from art.
The best designers have trouble putting colors that do not bother the eye.

#16 December 20 2012

Padre

@padre,do you know him? what is he up to lately ?
@xterm, yes, its done by only him, the music is done by his brother if im not mistaken(they share the same last name), according to credits

Yep, both reels were done solely by him
Yh, i know him. we are working together now on some project ;)
And the music was done by his uncle. an amazing guy too ^.^

@JSaade, i like the parallax shader example

#17 June 30 2013

thefdz

@Padre hey, man.

I met Nareg a few years ago and I want to contact him now about work but his phone number is always closed and I got no replies from his email address.

Any idea how I can contact him?

Thx,
fdz

#18 June 30 2013

Nabs

I couldn't reach him either.

#19 June 30 2013

MasterBatata

Nareg is not in lebanon anymore for a big project for about 3 years.

#20 June 30 2013

shant

I will see if I can contact him thru friends,  someone should invite him to lebgeeks as well

#21 June 30 2013

shant

now I remember!  I think he went to disney pixar or someplace similar?

#22 June 30 2013

MasterBatata

No he is in dubai for work.

#23 June 30 2013

shant

but he went to disney years back did he not?, that's what I was told back then

#24 June 30 2013

MasterBatata

Yes he went there to get courses in Pixar to improve his skills in 3D and stuff.

Last edited by MasterBatata (June 30 2013)

Board footer