LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 March 8 2013

jck

Starting new android game

Hello Everyone,

I recently got the idea of starting a new android web-server based game. Since I don't have the required skills to develop the app, i need to hire people to do it and maintain it.

Its an android game that communicates with a server to store and retrieve your data. Its a pretty big project i'm undertaking with other investors.

What kind of programmer(s) am i looking to hire? Where is the best place to look to find qualified programmers? What is a developer's average monthly salary? etc...

Any advice would be appreciated.
Also If you think you could be an asset to our team contact me.

#2 April 24 2013

Fischer

Re: Starting new android game

is it a 3d or 2d?

you need a java guy, not necessarily though, since you can android create games using python and C#... if you can find a good javascript or C# programmer (C sharp) then tell him to install unity 3d, get a 3d modeler to create your character, give the characters to the C# guy, tell him to create the game, he'll get used to unity3d easily... once he's done with the game, he can export it to android easily and publish it.

to reduce costs, make sure that your guy is familiar with mysql and linux since your app has a db and is connected to a server.

what i'm saying is that if your game is a 3d game (a somehow complicated game) you can publish it to the app store with he help of 2 guys, a 3d modeler and a "good" programmer.

if it's 2d then a java programmer "can" do it on his own, java is great in 2d games but he'll need to know some stuff about how to create the graphics, using photoshop or whatever.

About the salary, i don't know, search on freelancer.com, hire an indian or pakistanian, good workers and cheap

one small note if your app isn't too complicated then google "html5 android game builder" and you'll find many websites where you can create the game on your own

#3 April 24 2013

venam

--

Last edited by venam (July 31 2013)

#4 April 24 2013

Fischer

@venam from my own experience they are brilliant, and work so hard, at least ones i hired are good, i have an indian friend, he works all day, sleeps 3 h a day or so, now he's not working as a freelancer anymore, he's leaving india and creating his own company in usa or canada soon.

NASA hires too many indians, why? because they are cheap yes but because they are too smart! you don't want a stupid guy to control the satellite above your head :)

#5 June 30 2013

adreno3d

Hi JCK,

If your project is still on, I am a C# programmer with extensive knowledge in Unity3d and Maya.

Board footer