LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 2 2005

Halo

Hosting Online Games

Well on my Xbox Live check I found out that-

Ping 1000 ms ( Don't remember, 19/25 sent/recieved ).

Latency 1000ms too.

From what I heard, if I have a high Download speed (256k) I can play Xbox Live if I join a party with at least a host with a decent upload speed in America (128k or more) with no lag on gameplay, although I don't think my friends will be able to hear me well. If I want to host a game on Xbox Live, I will most likely lag a lot. Can anyone tell me if this is true? I'm not really a geek here  Anyway, so lag if I host games, no lag if I don't host games. Also, Halo 2 is a shooting game for those who are wondering

Rolf, I have a request for you. Can you try to do some online gaming for me and tell me the difference when you join a party or create one, tell me if you lag a lot or not, tell me if there's a difference between each one, if hosting makes you lag more or if joining doesn't make you lag a lot.

Also, can someone tell me where to get a showtime subscription?

I'm using Terranet DIAL-UP now, but I'm getting Terranet Broadband soon, then after that I'm switching to IDM because I heard IDM has low latency.

Also, can the companies give you more upload speed if you ask for it or pay more for it? Because I heard that Lebanon banned VoIP ( Voice over IP ) so they made the upload speeds limited, or at least GDS banned VoIP

Anyway, please reply guys, I want some serious help because I want to play with my friends in America but we moved and our ADSL was all down the drain  Not a big loss, considering we paid 15 dollars a month.

Thanks for reading this seriously lenghtly post.

#2 February 6 2006

feedscott

Re: Hosting Online Games

Do you play on the PC at all. Im on the }CoG{ servers alot.

I'm }CoG{Laz

Board footer