LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 May 25 2012

Adnan

Knock Knock.

Good evening,

Well, I've never used to introduce myself in any forum I have been into, but it wouldn't hurt if I do.

I have just registered to Lebgeeks.com in order to stay in touch with fellow Lebanese Geeks (Obviously) .
Yet it's not the website from where I'd tend to get tech news,  but as long as this is a community for Lebanese technology enthusiasts, I'm in.

I'm not yet a professional in any of the technology stuff, I'm still developing my skills at school, and hours of messing with my computer at home (I already killed a computer when I was 10, it ended up in the garbage)
But hopefully there would be a chance for me to be a helpful member, apart from being modest, I'm sure I can solve some problems, I'm not that noob after-all.

Lebgeeks (as well as other websites I visit frequently), will help me getting to the job I wish to have, which is Computer Engineering. I'm still young (or maybe), I'm at high-school, still at the 10th grade (This year's almost done, 11th next year), but I promise not to be one of those "Immature high-schoolers", at least here.

Thus, I hope you didn't waste much of time reading this not-that-important topic, and to be a welcomed member.

Oh, and, I was reading the "LebGeek Forum Etiquette" a while ago, it didn't mention anything about hacking, is it allowed ? (Patches / Torrents / Cracks... )
Except if I didn't read it well, hopefully I did.

Cheers,
Αντνάν

#2 May 25 2012

AvoK95

Re: Knock Knock.

Hey Αντνάν,
What other forums are you in ?
Nice to have you on LebGeeks. Don't worry you'll learn a lot here. I had a dream of becoming a CCE as well , until I found out most of it is math. Then I got interested in IT Technician work (If you like hardware , you should look into it)

Also about the Hacking etc. I don't think it's allowed. It's not written in the etiquette since it's already illegal to do such things.

Anyway, welcome aboard :)

#3 May 25 2012

Joe

Hello Αντνάν, what a nice introduction :)

Engineering school is a noble goal (which doesn't come without its share of flaws), unfortunately due to the broken system of standardized tests it will require high grades. I hope you'll get it, and until then we'll do our best to be as helpful to you as we can. Generally, our focus is on helping each other, so if you have a question do not hesitate to ask.

About your question, here's what the Etiquette says:

17. Warez
No links to Warez are allowed on public forums.

Warez is a term that isn't used much anymore but we used it (back in the old days of the early 2000s) to refer to illegal sharing of copyrighted work. In other words, no you won't find anything illegal hosted on Lebgeeks. On the other hand, posts dealing with hacking from an educational point of view are tolerated (even encouraged if they're informative). Simply put: We don't mind if you learn how the internet works, we won't help you break it.

I hope you enjoy your stay among us.

#4 May 28 2012

CodingFreak

Hello Αντνάν, I second rahmu, your introduction is well written :) I'm 2 years older than you and I'm right in the middle of my French Bac (I should be studying right now). So if you need any help concerning SAT, university applications, how universities take in consideration your grades, etc. I can help you.

From your English and excessive politeness we can see your not one of those "Immature high-schoolers" ;)

Anyway, welcome to Lebgeeks.

#5 April 8 2013

Adnan

Well, almost a year later, some technical issues leaded to the fundamental change of my username. It's probably less fancy now (ah, everyone had to copy/paste it back then). I just wanted to refresh the case.

Plus, and to be honest, I didn't see CodingFreak's message until at least two months later, but I kept your message in mind.
A year later, I'd like to thank you for your proposed help. I'd also like to re-thank LebGeeks and everyone around here. Maybe my appearance is quite shy, and I'm mostly here to ask for help rather than helping, but that's how it's running for now, I hope to be able to show more help in the future. But I'm almost sure that I've helped in a few topics, right ? Right ?

In brief, and not to get my fans lost (yeah), I am now Adnan instead of Αντνάν.

Last edited by Adnan (April 8 2013)

#6 April 9 2013

riqmarmes

Hello Adnan, and welcome to LebGeeks.
Wonderful English skills you got there.

Board footer