LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 January 25 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Hardware Designs " Design Coding , Modeling, and Simulation "

Any members works in the Hardware Design field?

Thanks
Chips IMR

#2 January 25 2006

mahdoum

Re: Hardware Designs " Design Coding , Modeling, and Simulation "

no i don't think so

#3 January 25 2006

rolf

nope sorry, I think you're the only chiphead here :)
That's what I thought when I first saw you join the forums "man who is this guy gonna discuss with" :)
I mean you're the most welcome but you might not like hanging out with "newbies" like us... unless maybe some other members are graduating in computer enginering and have been taking chip design courses... i dont know...

#4 January 25 2006

mahdoum

I hope to, not chips though  I want to get into telecommunications so... maybe one day we can have a chat ;) lol

#5 February 1 2006

LebaneseChiphead

You guys had been very kind, Rolf, it is my pleasure to hang out here with you guys since I believe that great minds think alike.   :)
I actually enjoy reading the fourms and believe me I check them everyday, I read a lot of other things beside hardware and it is full of information . keep  up the good work

Chips IMR
"The only one" or is it  the "Lonely one"

#6 February 1 2006

KingRhye

I have extensive experience with Microchip microcontrollers programming and digital circuit design etc etc.. is that what you're asking about ?

#7 February 1 2006

LebaneseChiphead

KingRhye, I am glad to hear that you have extensive Digital design experience, we definitley can chat :)
Please tell me about your design process:
1- how you define the specification of a desgin? ie. regsiters, gates, logic
2- what coding language did you use to code that modular or Full design
3- what simulation software did you use?
4- what kind of tests you wrote to test the design? Mannual or Random Test thru a Random  test generator

#8 February 1 2006

LebaneseChiphead

Sorry I had a glitch, I had to continue here:
5- what kind of Timing analysis had you worked with? software?
6- are you familiar with scan insertion?
7- How about Clocks? or the clock tree with the PLL's
8- how large was the designs that you worked with ? how many Gates? Flopps and  so  on..
9- Did you work with any layout or physcial integration software?

Finally I hope I did not bore  you guys , but my intent is to list what we can talk about, so please feel free to choose any of these 9 topics to discuss, and as usual I am not here to show Off , I am just after the request of Knowledge, every bit of knowledge counts and no knowledge is trivial or unimportant no matter how little is the offered material.
Thank you KingRyhe, I hope to have a fruitfull discussion with you or any other members that is interested.

Chips IMR

Ps. See Rolph, I did find someone to talk to after all heheehehehe

#9 February 1 2006

KingRhye

Ok you sound a bit chinese to me now lol .. I think you're much more advanced than me in digital circuit design, so I guess I was wrong to say "extensive". The projects I did were all PIC-based, nothing too big either, mainly using the 16F87X series in all its peripherals. It's been 2 years since I last designed anything, I'm more into programming and networking now, hell I don't even remember the names of the softwares I used to test the designs except MPLab, but you got me curious and interested again. What did you study and what are you working on now ?

Board footer