LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 November 26 2005

darkstar

Alfa and MTC

Ok i know that alpha customers have a cheap internet service , but i heard a couple of days ago that MTC is gonna start this too , can anyone clear this up ..

#2 November 26 2005

samer
Admin

Re: Alfa and MTC

MTC touch has launched a service to allow it's subscribers to access their WAP gateway for a flat fee of $1.00 a month (widthrawed directly from your account) - a 24h waiting time is required to setup your account.

just call 111 (free of charge) for all the info needed.

enjoy :)

#3 November 26 2005

mahdoum

cool, what about the cost of downloading stuff etc using wap?

#4 November 26 2005

karim soubra

seems to be free

#5 November 26 2005

darkstar

wow thats cool , so i call 111 and tell them i would like to receive the wap service?

#6 November 26 2005

Charly

exactly.... but there seems 2b a problem, wap isnt working perfectly on most phones. for example, i have a 7610, and have subscribed to the service, but i rarely get access to wap, not getting connected most of the time. i called 111, they said that they're still trying out the system, and that it only works perfectly now on communicators and mini pcs... so i guess patience is the answer :]

#7 November 27 2005

darkstar

ok Charly , i'll wait and thanks for the info

#8 November 28 2005

Parabola

Some of my friends tried the mtc's service and damn how slow it is!

#9 November 29 2005

mezin

i called the 111 hotline min shi 2 days they said they stopped registration temporarily and said that they will "notify" us when the thing will restart

fuck this

#10 January 22 2006

wollyka

i have this service for over 2 years now (Cellis than alfa)
it is only wap, so u can only download 100 kb MAX per file and only access wap or xhtml pages
Nokia phones like the 6600 or newer can use a wap gateway, they need a full internet gateway and that's service is called moble internet and it costs like hell here( like 29$ for a 40 MB bandwith limit or so can't remember)

Board footer