LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 22 2012

Tarek
Banned

small website project

hello i have the domain socimex.net with 1and1.com
I want to design a small website and host it .. it is a small freelance project .
if anyone interrested please email me.
thank you

#2 August 22 2012

Jinx

Re: small website project

Interested. What can I do ?

#3 August 22 2012

Tarek
Banned

I already have the domain with 1and1.com and I cannot change from them currently so im stuck with them .
All I want is a small website , home , history , contacts , products .. haik ossas ..nothing important or fancy
Can you do it ?!
it can be done with the webbuilder that comes with the domain hosting service , but i was looking for something more customized ..

#4 August 22 2012

NuclearVision

Try joomla, it is pretty and customizable, but it needs an SQL database. Google 'joomla', it a 7 mb archive, extract it to your site via ftp or something then proceed with installation.

Last edited by NuclearVision (August 22 2012)

#5 August 22 2012

Tarek
Banned

NuclearVision , the website should have an SQL database?!

#6 August 22 2012

NuclearVision

Yes, my dear. Most hosting services offer free SQL databases. At least, 000webhosting.com, the free hosting service offers it.

#7 August 22 2012

Fischer

create one from cpanel, nothing complicated, wordpress is more simple for newbies, go for youtube and type "install wordpress tutorial" and you'll see a trillion tutorial

you don't need to download wordpress nor joomla and you don't need to upload it, if you have cpanel, you can install wordpress, joomla, drupal and many others with one click from cpanel. Here

Last edited by someone (August 22 2012)

#8 August 22 2012

Nabs

I'm game. PM me with more details please.

#9 August 23 2012

Hybrid

Install wordpress and pick a theme if you're not looking for anything fancy and customizable..

#10 August 23 2012

Ayman

If you're looking into building a fully custom wordpress site I can be of help, already have developed custom themes in WordPress PM me if interested.

#11 August 23 2012

Tarek
Banned

the thing with 1and1 ..i don't have like a normal Cpanel ... i have something called Webfiles , it is like an ftp or something

#12 August 23 2012

Tarek
Banned

the website was designed by netways since 2009 .. do you think they should have a copy or a backup ?!

#13 August 23 2012

Ayman

If you want to backup your website, download FileZilla and login via ftp to copy all the files there. Usually the root ftp account details is the same as the one you use to login to your web based administration panel.

#14 August 23 2012

Tarek
Banned

no no i meant do you think NETWAYS keeps a copy of the website ?

#15 August 23 2012

Ayman

Tarek wrote:

no no i meant do you think NETWAYS keeps a copy of the website ?

No idea about that, call or email them.

Board footer