LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 October 21 2005

ulias

blue rays???

what is this talkig about blue rays ?somekind of magic ? how can a disc fit 50gb ? will hter beno hard drives ?its voodoo i tellya!  :idea:

#2 October 21 2005

rolf

Re: blue rays???

Exaclty what I was thinking, It's voodoo, babe!

#3 October 21 2005

karim soubra

plus you have to buy new hardware in order to use them mainly graphic cards processor and motherboard should all be compliant with blue ray that at least what micro$oft has in mind

#4 October 21 2005

ulias

ah i see so they willl come in s-ata connector form !
great ! now i have to buy a new pc !  thanks alot  did u realy have to say that ? or ur just messin with me ?

#5 October 21 2005

karim soubra

it is not just sata it is the bios and rom of the hardware
oh yeah i forgot about the sound card too
anyway it is not final but if micro$oft gets its way everybody will need new systems the issue is very debatable alot of eyebrows are lifted not to mention consumers frowning upon this technology
entertainment pepole are backing micro$oft on this issue mainly warner bros. all these measures are taken to limit copying of copy protected merchandise

#6 October 21 2005

mahdoum

(I'm sure I replied to this topic but i don't know what happened) anyway its all good for me i'm already planning to get a 64bit pc soon so i'll just wait to check out what ms wants for blu ray as well

#7 October 22 2005

karim soubra

wellit is supposed tohit markets in 6 months so translated to lebanese schedule a couple of years seems ok

#8 October 22 2005

rolf

You guys are mixing up between blu ray, the disk technology and the other anti-piracy technology, I think it's called palladium.

Board footer