LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 August 4 2012

Locha

Best Blogging Platform?

Hello everyone there,
I would like to have some suggestions about the Blogging platform that you prefer and advise for to be used. Among Blogger, Wordpress and Tumblr, which one do you prefer and why?

Thank you !!

#2 August 4 2012

Nabs

Re: Best Blogging Platform?

I love Wordpress myself. Based on that, I can build up different kind of websites. Already have an online store, gallery, e-zine, and directory based on it.

#3 August 4 2012

rtp

i love wordpress as well..  I haven't used anything else, so i don't know.

#4 August 4 2012

Fischer

if you have a domain name, and you pay to hosting, then yes use wordpress as a cms. But if you are planning to have a free blog like locha.wordpress.com, that's not a good idea, blogspot is the best of the three in my opinion, i don't have time to explain why but this article pretty much explains my point of view

http://hellboundbloggers.com/2011/12/19 … e-blogger/

Note that wordpress blogs are easy to hack, if you want to teach a 5 years old kid sql injection, you tell him to attack a wordpress blog.

one last thing, if you have a domain name and you host it, and if you want to use wordpress as your cms, i have to tell you that wordpress uses a lot of cpu and shared hosting companies allow you to use 10% cpu of the server, so it might cause big problems in the future

Last edited by someone (August 4 2012)

#5 August 5 2012

samer
Admin

Locha, you need to tell us how you intend to use it and what your preferences are. We can't blindly suggest a platform for you. Please do some research prior to posting, and make sure you post your findings in your initial post.

Board footer