LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#26 May 29 2012

burger94

Re: Alfa u-chat new lines.

amkahal wrote:
rtp wrote:

mtc alternative ?

Soon, as a MTC employee tell me.

until now there is no mtc alternative.. i called the company today and they told me that

#27 June 17 2012

thegodfatherdany

So in the end, are there U CHAT Cards or just refill the with credit and send a message to Alfa?
About the 50mb internet, i didnt understand .. Is it like WAP or something ? Does this mean i can access Whatsapp and the web browsing ?
I am on 9$ Waffer currently and evaluating what U-Chat offers is the same as Alfa 9$ + 200SMS +50MB+Unlimited Weekend Number.
Anyone tried this offer?

#28 June 17 2012

NuclearVision

I bought a uchat-9 account. Very nice indeed. You can renew your account by refilling it with 9$ then send an sms to alfa.
Those 50MB are like GpRS you can browse the web use whatsapp and whatsover. You can  browse using the 3G connection if it is available in your region.
And by the way, alfa made a new offer for uchat9 subscribers, with 3$ you can add 70MB to your existing 50MB.

#29 June 19 2012

Tarik

This seems really interesting. Do you need to change your number to switch to this plan?

Last edited by Tarik (June 19 2012)

#30 June 20 2012

NuclearVision

I don't really know though the line i bought was already uchat, but i guess you can go for uchat without changing your number: fill 9$ then send
U9 to 1043, i'm not totally sure, contact 111.

#31 June 20 2012

Fernand

U9 or U17 to 1028.
Recharge using normal 22$ card.

#32 June 20 2012

NuclearVision

Or a nine dollars card will do the job.

#33 June 28 2012

AvoK95

So today I found out that by using U-Chat your SIM card needs to be changed(But your number will remain the same) After it's been change , whenever you have to recharge, you have to buy a U-Charge recharging card and not a prepaid card.

#34 June 28 2012

Jinx

AvoK95 wrote:

So today I found out that by using U-Chat your SIM card needs to be changed(But your number will remain the same) After it's been change , whenever you have to recharge, you have to buy a U-Charge recharging card and not a prepaid card.

No ! Some cellphones shop told me that too but it's not true at all..

#35 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

Not true! I yesterday bought a normal 9$ alfa prepaid card recharged my account with and it automatically renewed on midnight, and if you're in the 5 days extra no problem recharge the 9$ card then send u9 to 1028, because whenthe 30days are over you will return to prepaid plan, and thus you need to change to uchay by sending that message. I've never heard of ucharge.

#36 June 29 2012

AvoK95

So if I charge regular 10$ and send this SMS my line will be converted to UChat ?

#37 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

Yes if you are on alfa prepaid.
And i found something cool.
If your u9 benefits are over (you spent all sms, minutes, megabytes) and your line's lifecycle is not over yet.
Send ap to 1028 for free to change to alfa prepaid then send u9 to 1028( make sure you have 9$) you will get a new u9 subscription( 200sms 50mb 30minutes).

#38 June 29 2012

AvoK95

I'm going to get a 9.09$ card and get UChat ^_^

#39 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

@avok95 I don't understand why you wanna change your sim card?

#40 June 29 2012

AvoK95

I don't I just want the UChat service.

Thanks again by the way, it worked !

Last edited by AvoK95 (June 29 2012)

#41 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

You're welcomed.

#42 June 29 2012

thegodfatherdany

So one needs to recharge a normal 9$ ( Alfa Waffer for me previously) and send a message u9 so it will be renewed?
Im on the plan for about 9 days and i think that the weekday minutes are useless( only 10 min for the whole month) but it is compensated by the 200 messages and the 50mb 3G which is enough for light browsing and Whatsapp ( don't think of entering Facebook with it).

And when i recharge next month, do the services add up ? Let 's say they become 80mb of mobile internet and 350 messages for example ?

Last edited by thegodfatherdany (June 29 2012)

#43 June 29 2012

solo220

And when i recharge next month, do the services add up ?

@thegodfatherdany No , nothing adds up . each bundle (50MB,200sms,...) will last for one month only.

Last edited by solo220 (June 29 2012)

#44 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

Like solo220 said nothing will add up but if you're out of minutes or mb or sms you can cancel your uchat subscription by sending ap to 1028, then renew it again in the same day by sending u9 to 1028, make sure you have 9$. And like that you won't be subject to extra costs 0.6$/min, 0.2$/mb. I hope alfa guys don't discover this bug, if it was a bug.

Last edited by NuclearVision (June 29 2012)

#45 June 29 2012

Cruel.C0re

is it just me or each time you send an sms (having Uchat) you get your sms tone with a page showing how many msg you still have left (like requesting *11#)? because it's so annoying .

#46 June 29 2012

NuclearVision

Yes, I could not get rid of that! The only disadvantage! It is annoying some how.

Board footer