LebGeeks

A community for technology geeks in Lebanon.

You are not logged in.

#1 September 12 2005

fnzahar

You are all invited for a solution

Dear friends....

i just like to anounce , that you all are invited to my new community...

community name is:Lebanese developers community...

objectives: create a shareware online to help each other by codes.
create an online shareware to develop a solution online.
working for free or for money depend on the project benefits....
it's for developers in lebanon who like to be updated and to gain money as you can also anounce on some products you developed...

ps: this community is your community, so plz welcome to join in:

http://www.lebdevcom.org

welcome:)

#2 September 12 2005

mahdoum

Re: You are all invited for a solution

nice idea, but I really don't like the way the site looks. sorry

#3 September 12 2005

fnzahar

dear mahdoum,

i didn't concentrate on the desingning stuff fo the site, cause it was a final project for a university student....
that's why, i just go deep in php development, and drop evrething about beauty and touch of art, that usually i don't have   

that's why you are welcome to post your ideas....
anyway the forum ain't the site...
the fact the openshareware and uploading softwares are php classes that i developed, but i didn't put them yet online, and i really like to get some help in the designing feild....

ps: i used css, and javascript for effects, all hand writing from scratch...
i'm a notepad coder, and i'm updating my editor to vim these days   
hope you understand me....

#4 September 12 2005

mahdoum

I understand you perfectly, because I am exactly like you, I lack the design of sites but rather prefer to do the backend. But you have to understand that what the user see's is the mainly the design, and that is why I never release any of my work unless it's asthetically pleasing.

I really like your idea and hope you find someone to create you a design that will hopefully attract more users to the site.

PS: I would severly recommend you make a profressional looking site before forming a community, as it can severly hurt the community becuase many people will judge your work by the looks of the site.

Life sucks doesn't it

#5 September 12 2005

fnzahar

Well mahdoum,
i totaly agree with you....
but i do think in different way...
the person who like to join the community, musn't see the layers....
he must see the objective from the community...
so i really don't care about the huge number of members ...
only the active people who will work with me online, and like to develop solutions to have a carreer and gain money....

i'm a deep person, and i'm searching for the spirit and not for the layers....

i also have a point ain't i

#6 September 12 2005

mahdoum

true you do have a point. But look at it this way, when I read your first post about the site I went to it and laughed, because it didn't look professional at all. You see I can't see what the backend of the site is, how would I when
1) Your using a free public forum
2) The front page is something simple
3) The chat does seem to be coded by you either (correct me if I'm wrong).

There is currently nothing on your site that would attract, or furthermore give a person a reason to join the community.

Only through a well sought out layout where simple things like xhtml compliance, css compliance and compatibility with different browsers will show people that you are serouis about this idea you have , which in turn won't make it look like something it won't end up being.

PS: I signed up on the site, hoping to help out ;)

[edit] BAH man even a fricken simple link to the forum on the front page doesn't exist, I am aware of the login button, but what if I don't want to login, or have chosen to be logged in everytime i visit the site?[/edit]

#7 September 12 2005

mahdoum

I'm gonna keep criticising(sp) you because I truly think you have a good idea, and it may work.

1) Put a title on the page, it looks so childish when I see the url as the title.
2) The saying is "All for one and one for all!" not "One for all and all for one"
3) Make the chat work with the same username and password as the forum :S

Thats what I have so far, I'll keep adding stuff later (hopefully not too many)

#8 September 12 2005

fnzahar

i really preciate what are you doing man.

and if it pocible to share this in the lebdevcom.org forum,
anyway, i'm a frensh educated person, so i will have somone to correct all the english for me....

second: the site ain't on yet, we will have our first reunion on 26 of september, cause i'm having final exams...

i'm studying man   

and i do enjoy puting ideas around, i preciate it.

#9 September 12 2005

mahdoum

anytime, good luck with your exams.

#10 September 12 2005

rolf

... and drop evrething about beauty and touch of art, that usually i don't have

I love the artistic work, I did all the design this page (logos already provided!):
http://www.tehini.com
Check out the girl in "contact us", it was a stock photo, and I created the cover of the "catalogue" that she is holding in PHotoshop. In reality she is holding a blank white piece of cardboard.
Unfortunately when it comes to productivity, professional graphic designers are like 100 times faster then me, they'll come up with a design in like a matter of minutes (I would take days, if not weeks).
Hopefully I'll have other opportunities to do artistic work, and maybe I'll learn to work fast.

#11 September 12 2005

rolf

Yeah mahdoum I have the same impression then you. The site does not look nice.

#12 September 13 2005

mahdoum

Check out the girl in "contact us", it was a stock photo, and I created the cover of the "catalogue" that she is holding in PHotoshop. In reality she is holding a blank white piece of cardboard.

Looks good, got to say doesn't look photshopped at all ;) nice work.
Btw, it might take you days/weeks, it just won't take me  cause i don't have the knowledge or even the patience to create a website.

As you can see I can find lots of mistakes, errors, annoying things in pretty much most sites

#13 September 13 2005

fnzahar

As i said, i need to have a touch of art.....
i'm working on my self, also
but i do have some advices to you rodolf....
first, if you want to create a statistic site, and don't need to be interactive...
the site could be build in xml or html....
i see that php wasn't usfull. cause you ain't posting information into database, most of the code....
second, when you are writing javascripts in code and designing....
try to create expternal code files, not build in the page, for securing your code from stealing....
this is a profetional technique advice...
at least i'm a good programmer....

yes one more thing, if you like to create php, just remind your self to create classes, or a standard way to build web applications, you will find it hard at the start, but it will be once a life time code   , so you will have a standard code to develop other sites...

good luck on your work, and i hope that you register on the members rodolf, don't take my temperory design as a shit, just take the objective from my site. soon we all gona make things better as a tem  ;)

#14 September 13 2005

rolf

Thanks fnzahar :)
All the javascript on my was taken from the net, it is not my work. So there is no use into protecting something that I stole myself.
I was using php in the site for includes (include the menu, include the headers, etc...) but you're right it would have been easyer to use dreamweaver templates. This is something I have learned in the meantime.
BTW my name is rolf, not rodolf (the red nose deer)

mahdoum your site mahdoum.org looks good, if you did it yourself, it is very good design work!

#15 September 13 2005

fnzahar

well, i just like to reply for rolf that i don't think that mahdoum created his own site. but he used a finished application, like a forum who is verry powerfull that he manipulate evrething and changing templates design...

i also see, that it could be pocible that he recreate or modified an existing application in way he like to be shown, but i dought that he create it 100% him self, sory mahdoum, but i just see that clearly

tell me if i'm wrong or right 

#16 September 13 2005

mahdoum

lol the site is a cms e107 i used it becuase i couldn't be screwed to do my own stuff. I'm actually working on a new version of the site now, my friend is still working on the design.

The problem with me is I like to know how to program and only like to program challengeing stuff I hardly like to do common stuff like websites (unless it directly has somethine to do with me). I mean the other day I made a program that found the solution to a logic game that I couldn't solve.

I don't think i'd ever work for anyone programming as it's a hobby and not something i like being forced into doing.

btw if you haven't heard of e107 i really recommend you have a look at it, one of the best cms.

#17 September 13 2005

rolf

Well in the business world, it is the result that counts. So even if you did not do it yourself, it is still good!
:)

#18 September 14 2005

mezin

what are you studying fnzahar and where... (if you don't mind me asking)

#19 September 15 2005

fnzahar

the fact,

now i have offetial exams in LT (Licence Technique)

i'm a student of an offetial institude called IPNET Dikweneh,

well the fact,

i made 2 majors, one a master degree in Marketing Bac+5 in Pigier Soursok(with colaboration with Lyon University)

and after the offetial TS i made last year, i continued the new regime one year LT at the IPNET Dekweneh....

PS: don't think that the LT ain't worse it , trust me, if you understand what they give you, and practice on them, it's better than private universities...

PS: i also took last year MCSD courses in Sodico Square Formatec...

10 years in computer field, 5 years in programming field...

for more informations: click here: http://www.zahhar.com/cv.htm

#20 September 15 2005

mezin

quite a CV you got there :) well i hope you get your site traffic flowing

#21 September 15 2005

fnzahar

well the fact unforgiven, i don't care a lot of zahhar.com site, as i do care a lot on my community site the http://www.lebdevcom.org site.

cause, i do beleive in teamwork, to develop solutions,
so my site objectives is to make a standard of developing methods in the lebanese developers community....

#22 September 17 2005

samer
Admin

welcome fnzahar, i hope you'll stick around :)

#23 September 17 2005

fnzahar

Thanks, and i do think that your site is really cool,
hope my site will be the same soon

Board footer